Princess Benedikte's Fashion and Style Part 1: July 2009 - December 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was intrigued by the black dress worn at the reception recently. It looks like it has a see-through skirt. Does anyone have a better photo?

What do you think of the ensemble?

It was a see-through outer layer, and then an inner layer that was much closer to her legs so the outer layer stood out a bit - it was kind of weird. I personally thought the dress was horrid, which is disappointing because I think Benedikte's usually very elegant. Her lipstick was way too dark as well, creating a frightening vampire sort of look. Here's a photo:

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=11856089&pos=1
:vampire:

It was a see-through outer layer, and then an inner layer that was much closer to her legs so the outer layer stood out a bit - it was kind of weird. I personally thought the dress was horrid, which is disappointing because I think Benedikte's usually very elegant. Her lipstick was way too dark as well, creating a frightening vampire sort of look. Here's a photo:

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=11856089&pos=1
:vampire:

I can't view the link. Is it this dress that you mentioned above?
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/18054749.jpg

She really look fierce!

For some reason my link isn't behaving like a link, but that's the dress - thanks mellie. She does look pretty scary there, in my opinion.

Her clothing to me is not in question but the makeup and hair. She does look a little vampire-ish. Face too pale and lips too reddish. Also after closer inspection, Mary's isn't the greatest either.

Her clothing to me is not in question but the makeup and hair. She does look a little vampire-ish. Face too pale and lips too reddish. Also after closer inspection, Mary's isn't the greatest either.

Agree. That's why I comment on her thread that she looks OLDER. Also Frederick looks a bit pale too. Another hangover or cold?
OOpps, sorry if these talks aren't on their right place!!!

Not my favorite dress of Princess Benedikte, but it looks interesting. The fur stole is amazing, I only dislike her lipstick, it's too dark together with this black dress and for her age.

Horrible dress, the sole looks wonderful though. :)

I can't view the link. Is it this dress that you mentioned above?
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/18054749.jpg

She really look fierce!

That was the dress. I just thought it was unusual, I've never seen a see-through over-skirt on a lady that age.

I hadn't noticed the lipstick but it was garish. (I just looked at Camilla the other day and realized she wears a nude tone, and I thought it was very becoming. Sometimes QEII's lipstick is too bright IMO.) Maybe Benedikte was going for glam since it was evening?

I hope for better pictures of that dress. :flowers: From what I can see it looks very nice (great fur stole) and I assume she's wearing an amethyst necklace?

The cut of the dress is nice, but for some reason I'm thinking that the color of the dress matches her hair too closely. A brighter color might have been better.

Benedikte I thought looked beautiful yesterday :flowers:

If you get the chance to see her amethysts up close, you may agree with me that her amethysts are the best quality in Europe today. I've noticed that Benedikte likes to have some fun with her fashion choices sometimes. She likes to be a little daring at times. But for me she always looks stylish and elegant and she is a hard worker for Denmarks interests.

I don't like this gown. The fabric is too shiny IMO.

I'm neither a fan of the colors. Not her prettiest gown, but nevertheless she looked nice. Lovely necklace.

I love the colour of the outfit.

I only like the colour and the jewels. Not the gown itself, I'm afraid.

I did not even like the color. It looked too old fashioned to me.

Princess Benedikte visited the nursing home, Peder Lykkes Centre
in Copenhagen, on the ocassion of it's 40th anniversary, August
24, 2010. I like those pics of her leaning over the table, being
interested and carefully listening..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Yesterday, May 9, Princess Benedikte as patron of the Caring Center Breelteparken
attended the inauguration of new joint facilities in Hørsholm.

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:

Princess Benedikte at her daughter Nathalie's wedding on June 18, 2011 in Bad Berleburg, Germany,
wearing a long light blue dress. It's a really nice colour for her, I only would have preferred it with
less ruffles.

** Full view ** Close up **

Too much going on on the top of the dress. But I like color. And tiara as necklace is gorgeous.

The color is good, but the ruffles make her look heavier than she is.

Princess Benedikte as patron of the World Breeding Federation for Sport Horses attended
the European dressage championship 2011 at the Kralingse bos in Rotterdam, August 21,
2011. Queen Beatrix and Princess Amalia attended the event as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom