The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
Princess Anne recycled another hat and coat from 30 years ago. I don't think this is a bad thing but it is interesting. Not many women can wear the same clothes for 30 years
Christmas Day with the Phillips, Linley and Chatto Families | Royal Hats
LOL - the coat is the same too! She cracks me up.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why do you do this to her. She has no style. She is a plain, sensible woman and does her job. Let her be. She has never cared, she is no beauty and she has lived her life in her own style.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I liked both of Anne's Christmas outfits. That shade of purple on Anne's morning service coat is lovely.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 12-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I liked both of Anne's Christmas outfits. That shade of purple on Anne's morning service coat is lovely.
I think both were practical and a good choice for a walk to Church on a cold Christmas morning.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

This is a FANTASTIC hat worn to the Grand National on 5th April 2014

http://news.images.itv.com/image/fil...update_img.jpg

Wow!

http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/mida...s-margaret.jpg

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

Wow!

Shocking, has Anne got some new clothes and a new hat?
Old 04-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I thought Anne looked quite elegant today, although the hat is a little odd IMO. I would've liked it if it weren't for the brown fur.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 04-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Majesty

Nice and elegant look for Anne. I'm not a fan of the fur on the hat, but other than that, very nice.

Sent from my SM-N900T using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I've seen the coat before but that hat looks great on Anne, minus the trim. The feathers give it such dash!
Old 04-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Courtier

And somewhere in Gatcombe Park, a sofa is missing its slipcover...
Actually, I think the coat is lovely in an Anne-worthy retro way.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
This is a FANTASTIC hat worn to the Grand National on 5th April 2014 http://news.images.itv.com/image/fil...update_img.jpg
Wow!
I agree - and that coat is quite stylish, AND the purse is not the brown one with the strap knotted to her favorite length. That chain strap at the very least is Channel copy cat! I was amazed when I saw this.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I was blown away at the transformation of Anne. She's actually trying to look stylish and I love it! I like the large hat, but she really needs to get rid of the "moss" on top of it.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
I was blown away at the transformation of Anne. She's actually trying to look stylish and I love it! I like the large hat, but she really needs to get rid of the "moss" on top of it.
I think so too. I think in the last year she has dug back into the wardrobe and pulled out things not seen for years and decided, why not? Since her style is of the sort that does not change, it looks new to us, today. It may not be cutting edge - but it is fitting Anne and it makes me smile.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I think so too. I think in the last year she has dug back into the wardrobe and pulled out things not seen for years and decided, why not? Since her style is of the sort that does not change, it looks new to us, today. It may not be cutting edge - but it is fitting Anne and it makes me smile.
In this respect I think she's like Charles. He's always impeccably dressed but has been heard to say "If you wear something long enough, its bound to come back in style again" or something to that effect. I admire that both Charles and Anne know what they like, what suits them and have quality clothing they wear for years.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Wow!

Wow, just Wow!! This is a fantastic ensemble for Princess Anne. I love that she is wearing a truely serious peice of millinery and her handbag is beautiful.

The coat with is embossed/brocade style finish emphasises Annes fabulous figure. That does it . . . I am officially jealous.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:19 AM
Aristocracy

Do you really think she's trying to look stylish or did she just accidentally fall into it?
Old 04-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallyvee View Post
Do you really think she's trying to look stylish or did she just accidentally fall into it?
I think Anne thinks she always looks appropriate to the occasion and stylish enough to keep the hounds at bay. I also think Anne's self esteem is little tied to her appearance. And good on her.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Courtier

Princess Anne looked nice.

It's badger fur on the hat.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I thought Anne looked quite elegant today, although the hat is a little odd IMO. I would've liked it if it weren't for the brown fur.
Wonderful coat, great hat, something new Also think the brown fur ruins the hat.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Anne attended the HHC Garden PArty today and - WOW (I was surprised too)

The picture is not v big - I'll search for better - sorry about that (found better)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...30_470x682.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...70_964x609.jpg

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,