Princess Anne's Fashion & Style, Part 3: April 2012 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other night I was having a drink with a chap who claimed to be Anne's hairdresser. Which is why he was out drinking I imagine. Anywho, he told us that Anne is now using the same colour dye as Princess Margaret used to use. Not really breaking news I know but I thought a few might appreciate it as the royal barnet is up for discussion again.

That hair color is just too dark for her complexion. As we age, our skin gets paler and if you insist on dyeing your hair dark, it's just a bad contrast against the skin. If she doesn't want to change her style, she should at least go lighter in color. But I doubt very much either will ever happen.

Last edited:
The other night I was having a drink with a chap who claimed to be Anne's hairdresser. Which is why he was out drinking I imagine. Anywho, he told us that Anne is now using the same colour dye as Princess Margaret used to use. Not really breaking news I know but I thought a few might appreciate it as the royal barnet is up for discussion again.
How interesting! I agree that she does need a lighter color. She was a real towhead and dark blonde into her twenties, unlike P margaret who was always brunette.
I wished you'd asked him to giv eher a hairstyle, I remember the royal family video from the 60's :)and her hair was so beautiful.

On the weekend, Princess Anne attended the the christening of her niece Isla Phillips at St. Nicholas' Church in Gloucestershire.

Picture

Beautiful color and button detailing on the coat, but I don't much like the upright coat collar both in style and color. That's a lovely brooch she's wearing, though.

Last edited:
To me, it looks like a lovely coat but then HRH ruins it entirely with that collar which looks like she's wearing a man's shirt underneath. "Anne are you ready to leave?", "Yes, I was just bricklaying, it's alright I'll stick a green jacket on and I'll be fine".

That was my first thought; that it was a shirt collar sticking sloppily out of the top of her coat, but then I realized it was the identical color of the detailing on the buttons. Not a good look.

Last edited:
I like the coat, but not the collar. The shade of blue is very pretty.

Princess Anne has attended a Household Cavalry Book Launch at Grosvenor House in London on July 18, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Princess Anne during yesterday's (July 18) Household Cavalry Book Launch at Grosvenor House.
- The outfit
- Close up

I like the outfit; the vibrant colour of the jacket was a nice contrast to the dull weather. The shoes are gorgeous.
The thing that bothers me are the gloves; they are not bad but somehow ruin the look for me.

Pictures originally posted by Iceflower in current events thread.

That's because they are navy, a color she seems to like in gloves. They are not the same shade as her skirt and are way too long and therefore take away from the smartness of the outfit. Your eye goes to those gloves instead of taking in the whole outfit. A shame as this is one of the smartest looks I have seen Anne wear in a long time! The color and fit of the jacket is fresh and smart and her skirt is the right length. The shoes are ones she has worn on many occasions but add to the smartness of the look.
With the exception of the long gloves, Anne looks Wonderful!

I liked the gloves - not as something I would wear - but I thought on Princess Anne it worked. Very old school and elegant. She has a very fit figure and when she wears clothes that are well cut, with a good hem length, she comes off quite stylish.

Well I'll be dammed, Princess Anne is rocking the pencil skirt here. Great look, loving it gloves and all. Why doesn't she do this more often. Oh well love Anne anyway.

Love the color on Anne! And the pencil skirt is fabulous. Don't even mind the gloves with this outfit. Way to go Anne!

Stunning - and what a wonderful figure! I wonder, was this an evening/early evening event?

On the weekend, Princess Anne attended the the christening of her niece Isla Phillips at St. Nicholas' Church in Gloucestershire.

Picture

Oh my...if my mother looked like this I wouldn't want her anywhere near me.

Princess Anne Photos - Olympics - Day 16 - Royals at the Olympics - Zimbio

I love the outfits Princess Anne has on here, especially the long-sleeve white blouse, khaki skirt and navy blazer. If I were her I would add navy knee-highs or tights. I also love her gold stud earrings. On another event day, her husband is wearing the exact same thing, only with khaki pants. In the pictures where she's hosting a reception, she's wearing a navy suit and chandelier earrings. That girl does have a taste for fashion! If I were a royal and was having a fashion crisis, I would go to her for Anne-swers!

Last edited:

On September 11 Princess Anne attended a Thanksgiving Service and reception to mark The Queen's Diamond Jubilee in Melrose Parish Church, Melrose and as Patron of the Jubilee Woods Project later visited the Glen, Innerleithen, Peeblesshire, to mark the planting of the Diamond Wood.

** bordertelegraph.com: A day fit for Royalty in the Borders **

** stmarysmelrose.org.uk: St. Mary's Pupils meet Princess Anne **

** woodlandtrust.presscentre.com: Royal seal of approval for Diamond Wood in the Borders **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom