The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I really don't see how, if the PR got new clothes, she could remain unique when all the fashion houses are turning out the same thing. I hope she continues to wear her 80s clothing. Fashionistas will soon be wearing 80s-like stuff, as that is what the next fashion wave is said to be.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Anne is Anne. No muss. No fuss. No nonsense. She has stuff to do and puts that as her priority. She's not around to show off clothing or worry about how her hair looks. When you see Anne, you're going to focus more on what she is doing rather than what her appearance today is like.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Anne is the epitomy of "substance over style" and that's quite alright with me.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Commoner

While you might be full of substance, I think Princess Anne's style reflects badly on her image.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by awcblue View Post
Ah yes Princess Anne may be unique...but that does not mean she needs to stubbornly cling to a style that is forty-years old and stale. She has so many options for dressing with good taste, while keeping her uniqueness.
The longer she holds on to them the more likely they are too come back into style, not that she cares one way or the other.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

The good thing is that I like that shade red. A bit of updating her look would not go amiss.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Courtier

I think she looked much improved today at the Garden Party at BP. It really is hit or miss with her.
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

From what I can see, that's a beautiful suit and hat. Like some other royal ladies, when she misses, she misses, and when she does it right, she pulls out the stops.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I really don't see how, if the PR got new clothes, she could remain unique when all the fashion houses are turning out the same thing. I hope she continues to wear her 80s clothing. Fashionistas will soon be wearing 80s-like stuff, as that is what the next fashion wave is said to be.
I agree, the 80's is back, which makes Anne ahead of her time! I went shopping for clothes the other day - a shop call FatFace - they're selling horizontal striped jumpers and coloured jeans which I wore 25 years ago!
Old 05-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
From what I can see, that's a beautiful suit and hat. Like some other royal ladies, when she misses, she misses, and when she does it right, she pulls out the stops.
A slightly better picture of the outfit:
- Princess Anne and Prince Andrew

She does look wonderful; I love that lavender shade and the hat is gorgeous.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Is that the same woman we normally see? This chic, elegant vision of loveliness in lavender? Wonderful! Thanks for that, Artemisia.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Courtier

much better picture... I couldnt find one (just a little piece of a wide shot). but there was a hint of a stylish turn. I think she looks just lovely. a bit of a jaunty flair with the hat and a decent hemline showing off her legs.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Commoner

Oh I agree, her outfit today does look wonderful! Very nice style!
Old 05-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really admire Anne's lack of vanity. She wears what she wants and doesn't give a stuff what anyone else thinks. I'd love to have that kind of confidence. Her wardrobe hasn't prevented her from serving her Queen and her nation with distinction.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Undoubtedly, her wardrobe definitely doesn't reflect her high level of service to Queen and country, and she does march to the beat of her own drum in her choices, but it's so nice to see her in outfits that showcase her natural assets and enhance the style, flair and elegance of a lady who so deserves it.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Nobility

The Princess Royal at Diamond Jubilee garden party on May 29, 2012.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2nuizwm.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/2crkrrr.jpg
Old 05-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks great
Old 05-30-2012, 12:33 AM
Majesty

Both outfits that the Princess Royal chose for the garden parties are absolutely delightful. I love the lavender suit and hat, and the black and beige ensemble from yesterday.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:01 AM
Courtier

I never thought I would ever hear myself say this but Princess Anne was the best dressed among the royal ladies imo.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Gentry

Is there a thread for princess Anne jewels? She's got her share of sparkly stuff:)