Princess Anne's Fashion & Style, Part 3: April 2012 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that Princess Anne is a no-nonsense, not interested in fashion kind of gal-but some of her outfits are just plain eccentric- including this one. I wonder if she enjoys looking like someone's dotty old aunt?

Perhaps this is her way of establishing herself as a figure of interest among all the well-dressed, or at least conservatively tasteful, women of the family?

I sort of imagine her looking at herself in the mirror and silently chuckling at the impression she's going to make.

Ladongas: I'm with you and especially regarding this "ensemble". I honestly think Mary Poppins each time I've seen this. Add in a nice twirly umbrella! I think she has odd taste and is saved to some degree by having a great figure. But, I have almost never seen her in anything that I thought was pretty. Dotty old aunt is good.

I quite like the dress and coat, and I think they look splendid on Anne's fabulous body, but I think someone needs to donate that hat to a charity shop - if they'd take it. I think it's hideous.

It is actually a very nice ensemble.

It is an attractive color. The jacket is floral and matches the garden theme. The pencil skirt/dress is plain and an be worn with anything. The shoes, gloves and clutch match.

The person standing behind her at the garden party has a coat of similar material with a slightly mute pattern of the one Anne is wearing. The woman next to Anne has a similar headpiece. Only the cuffs on Anne's jacket need to be refashioned.

She has a good figure, but desperately needs an updated hair style and some outfits that are less Mad Country Aunt. The Queen isn't fashionable, but she dresses impeccably and her daughter could learn a few things from her.

Anne could learn an awful lot from her mother!! Anne, however, is what she is and she will never change. A shame really, as she could look so much younger and stylish with her enviable figure.
This hat should be burned!!

Her Royal Highness could permit her style to evolve with the times in my opinion, as has, for example, Princess Alexandra (who is 14 years older).

I love Anne's idiosyncratic approach to dress (as opposed to fashion). She is just concerned about the content of her work rather than the contents of her wardrobe. She and Harry have a lot in common in that way, I think. An clearly, both Anne and the POW like to buy quality, classic pieces that can be worn forever. That's far easier for men than for women.
As for her hair - good luck wishing for an update. :lol:

I wish some one would get ann to a hair dresser her hair needs work big time any ideas any one out there who may be a hair dresser

Has Anne bought a new outfit?

The Queen, Princess Anne and Princess Beatrice greet guests at Buckingham Palace garden party | Daily Mail Online

Whether new or old, I think she looks very smart in it. Perhaps we'll see it again at the races in a few weeks.
I loved the whole ensemble up to and including her hat. Loved it at William's wedding, Royal Ascot, Royal Garden Party's, etc. I love that Anne plays with colour. No dreary dark navy, ghastly neutrals, boring hats, a.k.a. blahfest! :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

No, Anne gives us colour and hats and I for one salute her. She dresses with classic elegance, not on-trend, cutting-edge, fashion. Can't wait to see her at the TOC . . . every woman in the military will envy the cut and tailoring of her uniform, not to mention her killer deportment. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Then comes the Royal Ascot . . . :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Princess Anne certainly should be applauded for not filling her closet with the latest Prada outfit or to look like she just spent a fortune on designer clothes. However, because a piece of clothing can be worn forever does not mean it should. A 20-year old outfit still looks 20 years old. One is not well dressed just because the workmanship and material is of outstanding quality. Although I doubt Princess Anne will ever change, I assume she is paid for her expenses in carrying out the royal duties. I would assume that includes an assumption of her updating her wardrobe.

I was quite impressed with this outfit, not that I follow her style although she is my favourite royal.

Princess Anne certainly should be applauded for not filling her closet with the latest Prada outfit or to look like she just spent a fortune on designer clothes. However, because a piece of clothing can be worn forever does not mean it should. A 20-year old outfit still looks 20 years old. One is not well dressed just because the workmanship and material is of outstanding quality. Although I doubt Princess Anne will ever change, I assume she is paid for her expenses in carrying out the royal duties. I would assume that includes an assumption of her updating her wardrobe.
The Princess Royal is not a fashion model. She rarely wears anything whatsoever that could be called "on-trend". She went to her brother's wedding, Royal Ascot and a Royal Garden Party with her family.

Which particular event qualified as worthy of a new ensemble? There was nothing outré, unsuitable or worn about her ensemble, and liking or disliking an ensemble is purely a subjective notion.

You obviously hated it. I loved it. That's fashion!

ps: Where did you read it was a 20-year old ensemble?

ps: Where did you read it was a 20-year old ensemble?

I'm not sure how old that particular ensemble is, but Anne has been known to wear clothes she has had for twenty years, and more!

(Not so long ago she recycled the outfit she wore for Charles and Diana's wedding!)
Personally I find it rather endearing, but I would never speak of Anne and fashion in the same breath.

Yes, Anne's 'style' is her style, but assuming each of us had the same height, figure, and posture as Anne, who among us would wear the garden party outfit?

Not me! (Unless I wanted to look like the living room drapes in my grandmother's house)

Yes, Anne's 'style' is her style, but assuming each of us had the same height, figure, and posture as Anne, who among us would wear the garden party outfit?

Not me! (Unless I wanted to look like the living room drapes in my grandmother's house)

I also would never wear any of the Queen's dress prints and box coats. That does not mean her style is unacceptable.
Different jobs mean different dressing requirements. I also don't wake up in the morning and say "Make sure they can see you."

:previous: And there we have it. Different strokes for different folks! And no evidence that the latest ensemble at issue is any older that William's wedding!

You are most welcome, Marty91charmed :flowers::flowers:

On May 29 Princess Anne named the new Sea Cadets Flagship 'Ts Royalist' at West India Docks, Canary Wharf in London. Anne's husband Tim was present as well:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** wharf.co.uk gallery**

Last edited:
Wow same indentical look for Anne! She has good memory then :-D I like this outfit... She should wear a shade of peach more often...

:previous:

Many thanks for posting this link Dman.
I know that Anne's fashion and style is not to everyone's taste, but many of these 20/30 year old outfits do not look particularly outdated or old fashioned to me and it is amazing how good some of them look.

Anne must choose her clothes really carefully - it must be a clever way of being thrifty, choose clothes that are not overly fashionable and because they transcend specific fashion era's, you can wear them decades later!

It also helps if you keep the same figure for over thirty years! I think Anne is pretty amazing and the styles of those clothes are all timeless and it's hard to tell what decade any of them are from. Anne has never been one to follow trends and I bet we see some of these clothes a few more times over the next 20-30 years.

Some of her outfits though...should not see the light of day again...I get being thrifty but I think she takes it to the extreme.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom