The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-31-2015, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Yes, Anne's 'style' is her style, but assuming each of us had the same height, figure, and posture as Anne, who among us would wear the garden party outfit?

Not me! (Unless I wanted to look like the living room drapes in my grandmother's house)
I also would never wear any of the Queen's dress prints and box coats. That does not mean her style is unacceptable.
Different jobs mean different dressing requirements. I also don't wake up in the morning and say "Make sure they can see you."

Old 05-31-2015, 10:01 PM
Majesty

And there we have it. Different strokes for different folks! And no evidence that the latest ensemble at issue is any older that William's wedding!

Old 06-04-2015, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Mark Stewart must read TRF. In fact, today he posted a side by side of TPR's outfit from a long ago Trooping which Anne also wore today for the WI party. Same brooch?

Old pic: https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...28567330_o.jpg

And his facebook page to see the side by side: https://www.facebook.com/markstewart...ltd?fref=photo
Old 06-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow same indentical look for Anne! She has good memory then :-D I like this outfit... She should wear a shade of peach more often...
Old 06-04-2015, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent

That cracks me up!
Old 06-19-2015, 10:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Anne, the timewarp Princess: She's known for recycling her outfits - but here we reveal some of her trusty favourites are older than her children-
Princess Anne is known for recycling her outfits but some them are older than her children | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-20-2015, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Many thanks for posting this link Dman.
I know that Anne's fashion and style is not to everyone's taste, but many of these 20/30 year old outfits do not look particularly outdated or old fashioned to me and it is amazing how good some of them look.

Anne must choose her clothes really carefully - it must be a clever way of being thrifty, choose clothes that are not overly fashionable and because they transcend specific fashion era's, you can wear them decades later!
Old 06-20-2015, 08:46 AM
Courtier

It also helps if you keep the same figure for over thirty years! I think Anne is pretty amazing and the styles of those clothes are all timeless and it's hard to tell what decade any of them are from. Anne has never been one to follow trends and I bet we see some of these clothes a few more times over the next 20-30 years.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Some of her outfits though...should not see the light of day again...I get being thrifty but I think she takes it to the extreme.

LaRae
Old 06-20-2015, 09:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

I have to admit that Anne's recycling formula is pretty interesting. I really don't see anyone wearing clothing they wore over thirty years ago, especially well known public figures. I guess Anne see no harm in it since her clothes is well taken care of and her figure hasn't changed. Then again, I'm still able to fit into some of my clothing that I wore in high school and that was nearly 20 years ago. So I guess it isn't all that bad!

It would be nice to see her wear her hair down every now and then. But she may think she's too old to pull it off.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-20-2015, 06:02 PM
Courtier

While the outfits themselves look stylish still, and HRH fits them, the colouring and contours of her face have altered and I don't think those older clothes flatter her in the way they once did.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think is so bud that the Princess Anne recycling to her clothes. Besides the fashion make cyrcles and always return again to the old days.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Exactly so enya! To me Anne's ability to re-use "ancient" pieces of clothing is an extraordinary skill!
Old 06-28-2015, 04:45 PM
Courtier

It is also difficult to tell which decade it is because her hair style hasn't changed in 30 years.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

In gloves at Queen's Awards for Enterprise 2015 Reception.

I mean this with humor. In the summer, with all my outdoor work my hands work hard. I sometimes have problems getting the stains out from under my fingernails. I do scrub and scrub and resort to a bit of bleach in the dish water, but split nails or cuticles can be a persistent problem - over days.
That's what runs through my mind when I see The Princess Royal show up at an event in gloves. And yes, before anyone kvetches, I know she wears gloves often, but just as often takes them off and carries them.

Guests Attend the Queen's Awards for Enterprise 2015 Reception - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 07-15-2015, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I personallt believe she can pull off gloves really well ;-)
Old 07-15-2015, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Even the Queen takes them off while sipping her champagne...
Old 07-15-2015, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Proper etiquette says that a lady or a gentleman should offer an ungloved hand. You see all continental royals often holding one glove in the gloved left hand, so that the right hand is free for giving correct handshakes. Exception on the rule forms the so-called "opera gloves", these can stay on.

Queen Elizabeth II is known for ignoring this standard etiquette. Maybe she has reasons for doing so, while all other Queens and the Empress of Japan offer a bare hand. What the Princess Royal did was really weird, holding a glass with a gloved hand. Very uncomfortable too.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:41 PM
Serene Highness

I read a long time ago that because Queen Elizabeth and Princess Margaret did not have a lot of contact with other children when they were little, they did not build up an immunity to diseases. Nor did they suffer from measles etc. So when out among the public shaking many hands the Queen wears gloves. As an adult if you contract some of these things it hits you a lot worse than if you were a child. Anyway this was the reason given. I read it in a magazine from the 1970s, so true or not I couldn't say.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

The gloves look ridiculous, unless she has poison ivy.