Princess Alexandra of Hanover's Fashion and Style Part 1: March 2016 -November 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 1 of the thread for Princess Alexandra of Hanover's Fashion and Style!

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

As Princess Alexandra had her debut at the Rose Ball in Monaco today, March 19, she has left her childhood behind ;) and now has her own thread.

This is what she wore today, probably Chanel:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Alexandra is turning into an attractive young lady - I love her hair this blonder colour, it suits her fair skin tone. Her wavy hair and make up are lovely. Whilst I think she carries off the colours of the dress she is wearing it resembles a dressing gown to me and the belt thing is just peculiar and a rather harsh note in an otherwise quite soft outfit.

Alexandr'a gown is very strange and has a strange Victorian look rather than a Cuban one. But she is very young, still underage, and I'm feelin a bit uncomfortable to cast a judgement...

I've looked again and decided if it weren't for the black sash ribbon thing I quite like it - maybe a little more fitted would work better.

Maybe she chose it herself, maybe she felt she had to buy something by Lagerfeld because he's a longstanding family friend and helped with the ball - who knows? She's young, she should be experimenting with fashion and finding her style. Hats off to her for not playing it safe.

She's delightful! A girl/woman. And all she needs is her youth. A rose in the first blush of youth. :flowers:

to me it looks like an expensive nightgown, not a dress for a gala ball.

I've just been watching some video of her dancing on Instagram. The nightgown bit was a coat - turns out she was wearing a very sweet, perfectly conventional strapless ballgown with the black strap motif continued across the top. She actually looked lovely, with the funny overcoat off.

Without the coat is OK. Acceptable. The color is very nice for such a young lady. But I can not see well. Is she dancing barefoot or she wears flat ballerinas?

I think she's barefoot - hope nobody dropped a glass!

Nah, she's wearing flats.

The dress is cute when she's dancing, but looks too puffy in the photocall. However, I do think it's age appropriate, which is a plus for me.

The dress itself was lovely but it was ruined by the matching coat which was more inspired by a Kimono and not a Cuban theme party IMO.

To me it doesn't look like a Kimono, it looks like a Hanbok (traditional korean dress).
She looks OK, not bad but not outstanding either.
I like the dress better than the coat.

Lovely to see we have a thread for her fashion and a lovely time to start. I'm sure a lot of us can remember Charlotte's first appearance at the Rose Ball and I have seen pictures of Caroline's first appearance too.
This is a pretty dress which I prefer without the coat.

I like the ballgown but only minus the overcoat.

Alexandra's makeup and hair were lovely.

I don't care for the shoes but Alexandra looked really lovely! I would say she is starting to make interesting fashion choices.

What a great colour dress. Out of all the Grimaldi grandchildren I think that Princess Alexandra is more like her grandmother Princess Grace in her fashion choices, she seems to like classic and simple designs.

A very attractive look, wonderful colour. Dare I say she puts her sister in the shade with this look.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

A young and modern look for Princess Alexandra at the F1 Grand Prix of Monaco - Practice Day today, May 28:

** Full view ** Upper part **

:previous: I think this is a different look from what Alexandra often wears, but I like it a lot on her! The sunglasses are super cool and finish the "modern" feel of the outfit IMO.

I think she looks very chic. I love the whole look - she is growing up into a beautiful young lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom