Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
must be Meghan best outfit so far minus the hat,i like the white coat and navy dress must say also the coat looks much better opened

Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part One: November 2017 -

Such a chic outfit. I like the beret. I think a close fitted style of hat suits her petite frame. The colour is lovely and brightened up a wet and dreary London day.

I was a big fan of the look. I kind of wish the coat it was a little more tailored to fit her but the overall style was amazing. Loved the color. Love the collar. Very chic. The hat was nice too though I am not really a fan of berets but she rocked it.

I also liked her new highlights. Very curious how she will be doing her hair. It is getting long and she was wearing it to the side today.

Love it ! So far I have always loved everything she wore....just perfect

She looked fantastic. I love the chic white coat, and the blue under. And I even love her hat :flowers:

Best dressed of the day honestly.

I think it was conscious putting her in white with blue accents, next to Kate in blue. Her and Anne in mainly white, is a nice break in the sea of dark blue.

I love her outfit. I think she looks great! I'm really loving the coat.

Just wish her coat was better fitted to her measurements !
Since she is quite petite a better fitted silhouette will suit her better .

She may very well be losing weight with all these new things coming at her and there's still two months to go before the wedding and everything is very grand and more than a little daunting and there's still two months to go.

This is my favourite outfit of hers so far, even though the coat looks (again) a little too big for her. The coat has a lovely colour and cut, I like it a lot! The shoes are fine and the dress colour goes well with the coat, overall and elegant look. I'm not a fan of the hat because it's so flat and small that it reminds me of fascinators (and most of them are just silly looking).

I agree with Minea 100% (but I do like fascinators even if not this hat!). Also I'm not crazy about her hair.
I'm beginning to realize that she is so very thin that everything looks big on her unless it's custom-fitted. In this specific outfit you see it on the sleeves. Her arms are so thin the sleeves don't fit right. I'm sure eventually she'll have all her clothes tailored and fitted to perfection.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised that she might of lost a little weight considering the past couple months. I can imagine her schedule is packed dawn to dusk with meetings, wedding stuff etc.

To me the overall look yesterday looked even better after she left the service and her coat was open. The only thing I still don't care for is that beret.

LaRae

Meghan has definitely lost weight. In the coverage of yesterday's events one show had clips of their engagement interview and it was clear that Meghan has dropped a few pounds. But it is expected with all that has been on her plate.

Meghan really can pull off the more chic style. I think after the wedding as she gets more comfortable and is tailored to the gawds, she will have a style pretty close to Letizia. It is already happening.

Ugh I hope not. Not a super fan of Letizia's look.

LaRae

Such a chic outfit. I like the beret. I think a close fitted style of hat suits her petite frame. The colour is lovely and brightened up a wet and dreary London day.

That's an interesting thought about not choosing a hat that overwhelms her petite frame. Meghan is said to be 5' 7" but she seems more to me more like 5' 6". She is small-boned with thin arms and legs, a long neck, a short torso but she's got a very nicely proportioned and shapely figure. Even though her legs are rather thin, it actually looks good on her and she carries it rather well with everything she wears.

She has such a lovely heart-shaped face with a long chin. Her eyes are deep-set like Harry's although not the same shape or color. Her slightly broad, yet elongated and upturned nose is very distinctive in her face. I think she would look good in the right styled hat. Also fascinators if chosen wisely. Most likely her royal wardrobe is already being planned and pulled together for future trips overseas, and for ceremonial and public occasions.

Here's The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor's take on Meghan and other royal ladies' fashion choices for Commonwealth Day services:
http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

Beautiful! :flowers: Meghan looks polished to perfection here. Love the beret. Might that be her signature hat? Looks great on her. Very chic.

I am particularly entranced with the tailored look of that coat's collar, and am now hoping she does something similar with her wedding gown, something very sleek, tailored, with a stand-up collar, set off with a fabulous diamond-jeweled necklace and earrings. ❤️

I just loooove her outfit, too! Great coat & hat! Suits her extremly well! Much better than the Philip Treacy hat after Christmas!
Bye Bine

I just loooove her outfit, too! Great coat & hat! Suits her extremly well! Much better than the Philip Treacy hat after Christmas! Bye Bine

Yep! ;) That hat was a bit unusual. She carried it off but it was not quite 'right'. :cool:

I see Meghan as having two 'misses' (if one can call them that because she really is capable of pulling most things off): first was the Christmas hat (though it for sure was iconic, a very vivid impression, so maybe not quite a miss), and second, the shoes and pant length for the Scotland event where it was wet and cold. I think the latter was just a mis-judgement of the weather conditions: she got caught out. I suspect she won't make the mistake again. ;)

Last edited:
Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part One: November 2017 -

So spring-ish. I like. Is that the jumper from the engagement photos ?

Green skirt with rustic red shoes? Meghan, you naughty naughty girl. I like it. I’ll be back when I have more time. :lol:

She's flying the Irish flag today!

LaRae

Coat @Mackage
Skirt- @gretconstantine
Top - @victoriabeckham
Purse - charlottelizbth
Meghan’s shoes are actually @jimmychoo Romy 100 pumps

LOVE the shoe. Just saw pics of Meghan without the coat. I really do like this look. The skirt has a bit of flare and snap when she moves.

LaRae

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/977144752297607169

Love the movement of the skirt...and the sweet glance between them is nice to see.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a comment about what someone has mentioned earlier regarding meghan’s Weight. I do think she’s dropped a few pounds as well. Perhaps like a lot of other brides, she wants to be in the best shape for her wedding, although in her case, I don’t think thinner is any better. But we’ve had reports that she runs miles in KP property regularly. It’s hard to tell since she’s been pretty thin for awhile now. I definitely noticed it in the Jason Wu dress, and it was just so obvious in the Amanda Wakeley coat, which is the only true I’ll fitted coat I’ve seen her in. I think that one is actually intended to be a closer fit as compared to the big loose coats she tends to wear. And loose fitting doesn’t necessarily mean ill fitting, that’s just another style.

Her weight fluctuates from time to time over the years, but I do think she is on the thinner side, if not the thinnest, she’s been.

Yes, I think the look is indeed Spring-like, and no black pants! I like it, especially the skirt and shoes, a tribute to Irish colours. Hope the weight loss, which I also have noticed, isn't due to stress, but just to a strict fitness regime. I wouldn't like to see Meghan much thinner though.

No black, no pants, no loose hair this time.?

The skirt is beautiful. Love her bag and shoes. The coat is too long to me but I still like her look.

Last edited:
Everything is unattractive to me. Shoes skirt coat shirt etc. This is one of the rare couples where the guy has better outfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom