Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noo I hope she never wears a Camilla look at me hat

Camilla's hats are look at me, and fascinators aren't :ohmy::lol:

Fascinators are made to be just that, fascinating, eye catching, look at me. Draw attention to you. The only thing showy about Camilla's are the size.

Anything please but those bloody pill box hats. Don't need another one.

Several posts bickering over 'ethnic headwear' have been removed.

They are in Scotland...Meghan is wearing those wide black trousers from what I can tell and a black coat.

https://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/2018/02/first-look-harry-and-meghan-arrive-in.html

Some are saying it's a Burberry https://www.net-a-porter.com/us/en/...bIsLnjdKtkcQl4pkgQt8Q&rewardStyle=rewardStyle

I see a better pic now...that is a really pretty coat!

http://www.lanecrawford.com/product...iliates&utm_campaign=Linkshare_US&_country=US

Love this purse too!

LaRae

Details for Meghan Markle’s Scotland visit:

�� - @Burberry (coat)
�� - @WolfordFashion (top)
�� - @veronicabeard (pants)
�� - @StrathberryEdin (purse)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first looked I thought the coat was black too, but it's the same tartan as the Royal Regiment of Scotland wears. And the pants are practical in this freezing weather, I think.

Trousers ARE indeed practical, but a Hat, scarf and gloves would have been yet more so..

I'm surprised neither of them wore a scarf or hat..gloves ...today would of been the day to do it!

Black pants/shirt again...but at least we got some color from the coat and purse!

LaRae

Love the tartan even though I still fail to appreciate any double breasted coat. Not surprised to see trousers again under such cold weather, maybe we have to wait until Spring to see her in dress again.

My guess is the wedding....

LaRae

Honestly, this whole look is a miss for me today.

While the tartan itself is lovely, the proportions on the coat are odd. The pockets seem awkwardly placed and the fit is meh (see first picture here: ). The pants are so long and wide as to be sloppy (honestly, the pant hems are going to be filthy by the end of the day, and damaged by the time they've been worn a few times - you can already see the hem of her pant getting dirty in Mark Stewart's 3rd picture here: ).

And the cross-body bag is just ugh. It makes the lines of the coat even worse, and it's what I wear because I'm a suburban mom who's way more concerned about practicality than looking put together. Also, unlike someone with that much security, I have to worry about being pickpocketed.

Last edited:
:previous: Yes, I am not sure why she wear her bag like that, it's very practical and convenient but sometimes just messes up your outfit.

I like the coat, and I'm impressed at how well the plaid is matched.

Love the tartan coat. The trousers are a tad long for outdoors but I love the wide leg and it wouldn't look so good if the length was what might be regarded as a 'sensible'length. I think we will see Megan in boots to accompany skirts/dresses before the winter is over. The bag is much more sensible than having a clutch.

The trousers are too long, they are dragging on the dirty, wet ground. Not to mention dangerous with high heels. And again she wears a big, bulky coat that is not even properly buttoned and totally drowns her petite frame. Her shoulder bag is lovely, and looks practical, too. Wouldn't mind having one like that for myself.

At least it isn’t black. Yes, another coat she is drowning in and agree about the too long trousers. It is her messy hair, covering her face and the touching of it that bothers me. She does not look put together, just like someone, from Burberry, handed her this gorgeous coat and said wear this. I guess it is the lack of hair, hat, scarf and gloves.

I hate these pants. I know the wider leg is getting back into style but no thanks.

:previous: Yes, I am not sure why she wear her bag like that, it's very practical and convenient but sometimes just messes up your outfit.

How about she has to shake hands and meet with all the people that have lined up for hours to see them and it makes it easier to have her hands free? :lol:

I love the pants!! And... Well the pants are out of stock in black and in my size but are in stock in blue. I may get them..

I like the coat, and the bag (as well how she’s wearing it- very sensible)
I’m still bored by the black on black, all the monochrome colors :-/.

Last edited:
I like the pants, but she should hem them by half an inch or so. I like the coat as well. I guess there was some debate about if she should've worn tartan or not on this visit? I'm not sure why, but I thought it was a good style even though I personally prefer belted coats.

I will say, it's brave to pair a loose fitting coat like this with wide legged pants though. I thought she did well,

Last edited:
I agree with many of you. The coat is nice but Meghan is drowning in it, if it were tailored better it might work. Also, the pants are too long. I am a fan of wide legged trousers but these are too long and too big, and personally I like a more fitted top when wearing them. The bag is a little distracting but not too bad and her hair and make up are just okay. I suppose the whole outfit is a little "pedestrian" for me.

How about she has to shake hands and meet with all the people that have lined up for hours to see them and it makes it easier to have her hands free? :lol:

Maybe, but I think it is not common for the royal ladies to wear crossbody bag unless it's a casual/sporty event?

The bag sold out within minutes too. I like the navy color of it also.

LaRae

To me Meghan always looks like she’s drowning in her coats. They never seem to fit. Trousers are too long.

She still hasn’t sorted her hair though. I’ve seen a couple of pictures where it’s in her face and she is pushing it back.

She reminds me of Carrie in
" SATC " attending the funeral of that woman who fell off the tower block.
Maybe someone can post a Photo?

Maybe, but I think it is not common for the royal ladies to wear crossbody bag unless it's a casual/sporty event?

But if she feels it's easier, what's the problem? I'm not seeing an issue if it's what she prefers, especially since I would agree it's the easiest and most convenient when doing a walk about.

Last edited:
But if she feels it's easier, what's the problem?
Exactly. I always wear my bags this way. It's the only way it does not slip off my shoulders all the time. Very practical.

I like the pants, but she should hem them by half an inch or so. I like the coat as well. I guess there was some debate about if she should've worn tartan or not on this visit? I'm not sure why, but I thought it was a good style even though I personally prefer belted coats.

I will say, it's brave to pair a loose fitting coat like this with wide legged pants though. I thought she did well,

I haven't seen any debate about it?

The wide legged pants bring back the whole bell bottom thing which I'm not a fan of personally. I think some women look okay in them but usually they just end up looking like they are just wearing pants that are too big or it makes them look heavier than they are (not suited to all body sizes).

Meghan looks okay in them...but I agree they are too long. Not sure why they weren't hemmed. Maybe she doesn't mind...

I love her coat but it might of looked better belted...and I'm still wondering why no hat/coat/gloves/scarf...it was freaking cold there.

LaRae

The wide legged pants bring back the whole bell bottom thing which I'm not a fan of personally. I think some women look okay in them but usually they just end up looking like they are just wearing pants that are too big or it makes them look heavier than they are (not suited to all body sizes).

Meghan looks okay in them...but I agree they are too long. Not sure why they weren't hemmed. Maybe she doesn't mind...

I love her coat but it might of looked better belted...and I'm still wondering why no hat/coat/gloves/scarf...it was freaking cold there.

LaRae

I think the wide legged pants is different enough from bell bottom. I personally love my wide legged pants, especially how flowy they are when they move. But I wouldn't touch a bell bottom with a ten foot pole. :ohmy: But definitely agreed that they aren't for all sizes, skinny definitely has an advantage with wide legged pants. :lol:

I'm not sure why she didn't get them hemmed either. Maybe she just got them? But yea, that' one odd thing given Meghan's understanding of tailoring.

As for the coat, I don't know if this will actually look good belted. It's a style. I like it. Again, skinny has the advantage with this style. :lol:

As for the hat/glove/scarf, I'm not understanding either. Ok, I understand no hat, but sans scarf and gloves? They are both brave. I do like that Meghan tend to go for trousers in the winter. I always wonder how the royal ladies of Europe do it with just tights in dead winter. :ermm: It's got to be freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom