Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you also notice he objected to the "black" coat that she wore in Nottingham. All sources at the time said it was navy blue, which is how it looked in any pictures I saw.

I don't follow his comments so no, I didn't. Seems that this man has some kind of aversion towards Meghan wearing black/dark colours :ermm:

Meghan in a McQueen Tux suit tonight....I haven't seen a good pic of her yet.

LaRae

Ok...I have to say I'm underwhelmed. She looks lovely as usual. However it's a bit too
'business' suit for me. Even if it is McQueen.

LaRae

Yeah, she looks like she's got a meeting at a business casual office.

From what I remember of the Awards last year everyone attending was VERY casually dressed! I wanted to see a dress though!

I'm okay with casual...but you can do a casual outfit with a little more umph. Her hair looks very nice though.

LaRae

Although the suit is very nice, I'm not impressed. I agree, no umph, just kind of blah. So many wonderful clothes available to her and she picks this for an awards ceremony. Better suited for a business meeting.

Nothing wrong with it, but as others have said, it's just blah!
I was hoping for something with more of a wow factor.

(Wonder if Meghan will soon be as fond of McQueen as Kate is?)

Adding some color would up the wow factor. Either make the whole suit a better color, or the blouse. I know she likes a streamlined style, but this is taking it a bit far.

I think if the outfit would of been in a pop of color I would like it better and it would come across less as 'just got off work' ...more of a 'wow' earring would help also.

LaRae

Oh pants suit! Nice on that. But oh look black and white again.

I would have at least added a nice silk colorful scarf.

I once wore a similar suit, to buisbess classes during college- it was the dress code.

I love a suit, but it could have benefitted from a little more evening glamour. Perhaps in jewels, or a pop of color, or a coloured suit but this is slightly basic. Especially when your fiance is in blue.

I'm not big into comparing, but I recall Princess Diana once wearing a black evening suit and white blouse, similar to this, but she adorned it with a cool snake pin on the lapel. I think Meghan could get away with doing something akin to that -- some cool accessory to jazz the outfit up a little. But I give her a pass, she's playing it safe while she learns.

Ok....what is the dress code? This is supposed to be an evening awards ceremony and some of the award recipients are in polo shirts? Given that...,Meghan is dressed appropriately, but I have to admit I would have preferred something in colour.

I think the more colour comment Is going to become a broken record as she is dressing exactly how she always did and hasn't changed. On another note...this is the best that her hair has looked.

I like the suit for tonight's event and am looking forward to her wearing it again.

Ok....what is the dress code? This is supposed to be an evening awards ceremony and some of the award recipients are in polo shirts? Given that...,Meghan is dressed appropriately, but I have to admit I would have preferred something in colour.

I think the more colour comment Is going to become a broken record as she is dressing exactly how she always did and hasn't changed. On another note...this is the best that her hair has looked.

Whatever exactly she has done to her hair, she had it "refreshed" before this event.

I read the comments first and then checked out the pictures, but i was pleasantly surprised; i liked the black and white suit, more so the blouse, a much better position of a bow than high up on the neck.

What I read was the dress code is 'Cocktail'. That's why I expected a bit more than business wear.

Yes the black/white/dark is going to get boring quickly.

LaRae

She looks great of course but I agree it's lacking some umph. I just love she's wearing trousers for official events.

A sad, sad disappointment...

*Stifles a yawn*

Last edited:
It looks better in some of the sites I've looked at--which seemed to have better access and thus, better photos.

It doesn't look bad at all..it's just underwhelming. This is business lunch attire.

LaRae

Well....to be fair....Harry is in a business suit as are the other men. Some men aren't even wearing suits.

If she had dressed it up some..or work a different color (same style) it would of elevated it.

LaRae

Now perhaps she is being tactful in her wardrobe choices so as not to distract from Catherine’s choices during the Scandinavia visits. A very flashy or overly glam look would call attention away from her soon-to-be sister-in-law.

I think her look this evening is both “suit”able and strategic. A sister-in-law can be your best friend, and when she is, it’s wonderful.

Meghan knows something about a star and a supporting player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom