The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-20-2017, 12:13 PM
Courtier

They are all going to a holiday party. Her makeup didn't look overdone to me.

She's has medium toned skin--maybe people think it's makeup when it is really just her natural skin tone?

Old 12-20-2017, 12:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
They are all going to a holiday party. Her makeup didn't look overdone to me.
Is the holiday party referring to the lunch or is there another one after?

Old 12-20-2017, 12:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

From what we could see from the car; Meghan looked great. Kinda remind me of a young Whitney Houston. Beautiful!

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-20-2017, 03:26 PM
Royal Highness

I thought everyone’s skin looked kinda red and blotchy, particularly the men.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-20-2017, 03:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Is the holiday party referring to the lunch or is there another one after?
The Queen's annual pre-Christmas lunch for the extended royal family.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:38 PM
Aristocracy

I thought her makeup looked really natural, although here eyes were more smoldering than usual.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:00 PM
Nobility

I thought she looked very pretty. I’m sure Harry was beaming with pride.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

The dress was very pretty from what we could see and nice for the occasion. The earrings elevated the whole look. Her hair and makeup were flawless
Old 12-20-2017, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

She looked more beautiful than ever !
In twitter they show her supposed dress : https://twitter.com/HeavenQRF/status/943465835036905473
Old 12-20-2017, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I think you can never judge makeup from in the car photos. I am not asking you all to compare Cathy and Meg, but if you look at the photos of Catherine arriving/departing in some she looks pale, some a single flat color, some very pink cheeked, etc. It all depends on exposure/flash, other flashes and the glass in the window. You can also see this if you look at the men in some of the photos.

And the rain on the windows did not help with discerning detail. Relax.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:36 PM
Aristocracy

I do wonder if people are mistaking Meghan's natural skin color for cosmetics. She is part African, after all. She's always going to look like she just stepped out of a spray tan booth.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Majesty

Remember her Vogue shoot sans foundation? She's not 'tan' looking ...you can see her freckles. So I don't think it has anything to do with people being mistaken..I think some folks just like to criticize because they don't like her.

LaRae
Old 12-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Nobility

That is disgusting.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Aristocracy

Absolutely right! A big difference when taking pictures through the car windows. By this time it was almost dark outside. I think some of the children were disturbed by the photographer flashes, poor little tykes. As well, many bystanders were using their cell phones to take pictures. But Meghan and Catherine looked wonderful and happy. I loved Meghan's earrings and dress from what I could see.

Sorry I was slow to answer another poster who was remarking on the difficulty of getting pictures through the car windows.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:47 PM
Nobility

More details and info on the dress Meghan wore:
Meghan Markle Attends the Queen’s Annual Christmas Luncheon
Mad About Meghan
Meghan's Fashion - What Meghan Markle Wore

Self-Portrait Nightshade Midi dress -- She's worn Self-Portrait styles before. The Nightshade dress comes in a mini all-over lace version. The one with lace top and midi black skirt is more conservative. Meghan though may already have owned the dress. It was sold out apparently before Meghan made this appearance.

Meghan looks very beautiful, confident and at ease, in all of the photos. Harry looks happy and at ease too, aside from trying to avoid the camera flashes in his line of vision while he's driving! This will have been the occasion where Meghan got to meet all of the extended royal family members.

Meghan has a light olive-toned complexion with freckles. She likes her freckles, so she probably wore minimal foundation that allowed her freckles to show through, which we can not see through a car windshield. She seems to be wearing more eye makeup and blush than she usually does, which simply further enhances her gorgeous features. I'm looking forward to seeing Meghan wearing a tiara, but she's always had the look of a Princess/Duchess. She exudes beauty and grace, inside and out, with or without the royal trappings.

I think Meghan has an engaging, down-to-earth way about her that has probably charmed all of Harry's family members.

I'm wondering when we will see the engagement photos, and whether they will send one of the shots out as their first annual Christmas season greeting card?
Old 12-20-2017, 08:33 PM
Nobility

I've seen only one pic where Meghan's makeup looks heavier than usual and that could very well have something to do with the camera flash. In any case, I really liked her makeup and dress and earrings. All very lovely. She looked beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudete View Post
I'll admit to being quite interested in what sort of hat Meghan will wear on Christmas Day. She doesn't strike me as someone who has really worn any sort of formal hat before but it's all part of the new uniform. Maybe she'll surprise us all and be a new Queen Beatrix in her taste?
I'm curious about that as well. Though, I'll go out on a limb and say she won't go for anything too over the top or flashy.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:36 PM
Aristocracy

Meghan looked amazing. Her make up was beautifully done, especially her eye make up. Meghan's skin tone depends a great deal on the lighting and many times (unfortunately) photographers lighten skin tone in editing/cameras are not made well to catch golden undertones and reds that you see in darker tones. Some I do think some people are mistaking her natural tone for deeper make up.

The earrings are perfect. They illuminate her face and draw your eyes to her eyes.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
More details and info on the dress Meghan wore:
Meghan Markle Attends the Queen’s Annual Christmas Luncheon
Mad About Meghan
Meghan's Fashion - What Meghan Markle Wore

Self-Portrait Nightshade Midi dress -- She's worn Self-Portrait styles before. The Nightshade dress comes in a mini all-over lace version. The one with lace top and midi black skirt is more conservative. Meghan though may already have owned the dress. It was sold out apparently before Meghan made this appearance.

Meghan looks very beautiful, confident and at ease, in all of the photos. Harry looks happy and at ease too. This will have been the occasion where Meghan got to meet all of the extended royal family members.

Meghan has a light olive-toned complexion with freckles. She likes her freckles, so she probably wore foundation that allowed her freckles to show through, which we can not see through a car windshield. She seems to be wearing more eye makeup and blush than she usually does, which simply further enhances her gorgeous features. I'm looking forward to seeing Meghan wearing a tiara, but she's always had the look of a Princess/Duchess. She exudes beauty and grace, inside and out, with or without the royal trappings.

I think Meghan has an engaging, down-to-earth way about her that has probably charmed all of Harry's family members.

I'm wondering when we will see the engagement photos, and whether they will send one of the shots out as their first annual Christmas season greeting card?
I love that dress! And earrings!

Meghan's wardrobe on Suits had lots of beautiful and classic pieces. I am not surprised by her wardrobe now - she knows how to dress for occasions.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:39 PM
Aristocracy

Her skin looks tan/olive to me. Whether or not she has freckles has almost nothing to do with her skin tone. It's pretty obvious when she's standing next to Harry, who is pale and rosy in comparison. I happen to be a multiracial African-American, so I have nothing at all against her skin tone. I'd love to see her curls, though! But I know what the weather in England does to curly hair.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:29 PM
Nobility

Yes olive or light tan. It depends upon the definition I suppose. Clearly Meghan's skin tone is a couple of shades deeper than Harry's which is paler with reddish undertone. That's noticeable when we see their hands entwined up close. Of course freckles have little to do with skin tone. People of African heritage with darker skin tones are also known to have freckles.

People of all ethnic backgrounds have variations in skin tone, no matter how light, no matter how dark. There are also different undertones (reddish, yellowish, etc). Deepest, darkest skin tones are like black velvet. Human variation is amazing, and we should appreciate all of who we are. Life is a miracle we humans too often take for granted.