The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2018, 08:29 PM
Majesty

MiaMia there's no need to be snide. Because someone doesn't like her 'casual' style doesn't mean it's over their head.

LaRae

Old 04-16-2018, 08:57 PM
Courtier

Well Pranter, frankly I see some of the critiques of Meghan's choices here as rather 'snide' and OTT. The unnecessary negativity I happen to find questionable. It is my opinion that those harping on not seeing Meghan as having a style (..)

Fashion watching is a lighthearted pursuit with everyone having personal preferences. And of course, to each their own in that respect. I think it's possible to have fun and enjoyable conversations without all the OTT dismissiveness, seen in such comments suggesting Meghan has no style and that she's worn nothing whatsoever to like. There's really no basis for some of the completely negative comments that are then sugarcoated and backtracked by claims of admiration.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:37 PM
Serene Highness

(..)

WE all here have very different views on what looks good and what looks wrong.....and I don't mind heels at a sports event for Meghan was not playing sports. I have worn heels to baseball games, no big deal, my feet hurt, then my fault.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I view Meghan's style akin to what Princess Charlene wears. Meghan is very unique among royals imo yet is presenting a very accessible fashion sense that is particularly photogenic. The way Maxima uniquely wows with her patterns, Meghan is doing the same with her 'architectural' style, which I see as having a certain timeless quality.

I very much hope Meghan does not change her style preferences. There is nothing predictable about her and I am looking forward to watching her.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:55 PM
Majesty

(...) Fashion will always be in the eye of the beholder.

I for one look forward to years of a princess who I wont have to guess what color coat dress she will wear
Old 04-17-2018, 12:47 AM
Majesty

I look forward to changes in Meghan's style as she adapts to her new life. Actually, I am more interested in her twist on fashion. She is hoping to have children and we all know that can screw up the fashion but I'll still be interested to see.

For anyone who wonders about royals and fashion, you can't go past Sophie to see the fashion curve neatly turned into a bow! She hit 40 and discovered her very own groove and hasn't looked back since.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:48 AM
Gentry

We all have our own personal tastes and prefences.

I really dont get why we end up having posters fighting amongst themselves. Thought the fashion trends are the fun ones but clearly I was wrong.

We always do this, you can go to any royal lady's fashion trend and there are always different views.

I may not like some of Meghans choices but at the end of the day they are her choices. Sometimes we project what we think someones style should be or we want them to dress more like a particular royal lady. What works for someone might not work for someone else.

She is exciting for me because we dont know her "working style" as yet. We are getting to discover it with her and we may not like everything she wears.
I know this is not a popular opinion but I also dont mind the royals that have found their "uniform". It must be difficult to dress for a role where you are "representing". So you find what works and you stick to it. We all have your "uniforms" in our closets . You might think you dont but if you do.

So Meghan will find her own thing and we will learn to just deal with it (like we have learnt to accept & understand the other royal ladies styles".
We have already started to accept that she is not a big colour person. Thats fine.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:49 AM
Administrator

The thread has once again been cleaned up. Personal, insulting comments towards other members, posts discussing weight as well as off-topic posts have been removed according to the TRF rules. This is not a thread about the Duchess of Cambridge or Sarah, the Duchess of York, please confine yourself to the given subject. Instead of bickering, simply accept differing opinions. We don't need a fundamental debate on criticism each time Meghan Markle comes up with a new outfit, instead please share your opinions and respect the ones your fellow members share and that in a civil, open-minded manner. Thank you.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:11 AM
Majesty

First appearance at CHOGM. It's very nice! Not so crazy about the shoe but really like the cute dress ...and Harry is 'matching' colors. LOVE her bag

https://orchardmile.com/tamara-mello...urce=linkshare

https://www.net-a-porter.com/us/en/p...le=rewardStyle

https://www.camillaandmarc.com/dimme...87PwWoOv1UWwqg

https://www.oroton.com.au/avalon-zip...cream-mix-osfa
http://meghansmirror.com/royal-style...source=twitter
Old 04-18-2018, 07:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part One: November 2017 -

Not liking the jacket ( not sure if it’s a jacket ) and hair. Dress seems good from what I can see Harry looks great
I’m always amazed how anyone can wear heels so high I have never managed it
Old 04-18-2018, 07:31 AM
Aristocracy

I'm a fan of the whole outfit. Shoe and purse game is strong! I do wish she'd kept the blazer on. The cut didn't look right draped over her shoulders but the dress feels a little too casual relative to the other attendees without it.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:41 AM
Courtier

I like the whole look. The shoes are cute. I think we should come to expect that Meghan will not come to an event in stockings, plain pumps and skirt suit. She will only go to stockings if the queen is present. Which one of the items she's wearing today will sell out in 24 hours?
Old 04-18-2018, 07:43 AM
Nobility

I love the bag.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Suitor View Post
I'm a fan of the whole outfit. Shoe and purse game is strong! I do wish she'd kept the blazer on. The cut didn't look right draped over her shoulders but the dress feels a little too casual relative to the other attendees without it.
She takes it off once inside. So it might’ve been a little chilly go without it outside. I don’t like the crossbody on after she took off the jacket inside though. I feel like both the jacket and the bag should’ve been handed off to you the assistant once inside. That dress deserve to be photographed on its own.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Suitor View Post
I'm seeing pics now of her inside greeting folks with the blazer on too.

LaRae
Old 04-18-2018, 07:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Full pictures:

Side View: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbD8K4sX0AAt0RW.jpg
Back of the dress:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbD4sUhXkAESNuD.jpg

No jacket: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbEBG1eX4AceXmJ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbD8l3iW4AAsL1Q.jpg
Old 04-18-2018, 08:03 AM
Serene Highness

Although a very nice sundress, it looks too summery and casual to me. It would be great for an outdoor summer engagement.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Without the jacket it looks really wrong definitely should have put the jacket on
Old 04-18-2018, 08:09 AM
Majesty

She started out with it on in the meet/greet line then it came off. Might of just been in the way. It does look more finished on. Still I really like the dress.

LaRae
Old 04-18-2018, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Shoes are amazing. Hair looks decent. Is her dress supposed to be more "dressy"?
It's not a home-run bit it's an improvement

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012