The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-23-2018, 10:52 AM
Gentry

I’m literally shedding tears.
Color at last!!
And she looks lovely in it! She has the perfect skin tone for both dark and light color shades (except maybe bright orange and some neon shades). I’d love to see her in super light blue or light purple.

This and the commonwealth outfit are a clear indication to me that she may have finally hired a stylist who knows their stuff and are pushing Meghan to step out of her comfort zone of blacks, white, neutral. That or someone is finally knocking some sense into her.

Now: loving the skirt! Shape and color.
I’m unsure about the shade of red- they look a tad more orangy to me, but since she’s in green one would want to avoid any Christmas comparisons...

While I find white and forest green to go well together colorwise, the sweater is pretty but neckline wise does not fully work with the skirt because the skirt is fairly long, a slightly lower neck line would have looked much better. Either a V/ a square/ a semi plunging-cowl (I actually own a sweater with that neckline combo it works because while it’s semi deep, the cowl creates multi layers that it does a great job covering anything that needs covering abut still leaves a bit of open skin at the collarbone area- like how a jewel neckline looks but the cowl provides volume and texture.. which bring me to) A jewel neckline would also work with the skirt.

And maybe a slightly more form fitted sweater.

I am unsure about the coat in terms of color, it just feels like the odd piece color wise.
Not 100%sure about the bag color too. But shape is nice.

But this is by far in her top 3 outfit. (The other two are the commonwealth ceremony and the engagement interview green dress and white coat- I ignore the shoes they were awful).

Improvement at last.

Edit: thinking about it, I think if the skirt would have been a pair of straight trousers (same color!) it would have actually worked with the sweater.
Long skirts and closed tops remind of the orthodox jews women outfit and as a non religious Jew that outfit combo equates to religious oppression in my mind. (I’d explain but i’m on my phone).

Old 03-23-2018, 11:23 AM
Courtier

Ah....my favorite so far. Very nice indeed!

Old 03-23-2018, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

^ AMEN to that...^
Old 03-23-2018, 12:55 PM
Nobility

I liked today's outfit. She looks good, everything fits, and the colors are better.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Here are some photos of Meghan's look today:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Full view without the coat **
I love the look. The outfit is very elegant and beautiful.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Meghan looks gorgeous and I like that her skirt is green as a nod to Ireland. On a side note, Harry looks a lot better with a beard - makes him look even more handsome!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-23-2018, 04:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
Ah....my favorite so far. Very nice indeed!
Mine too!

LaRae
Old 03-23-2018, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

The colour of the skirt is divine !
Old 03-23-2018, 08:17 PM
Majesty

Usually not excited when royals, especially when BRF royals wear skirts, as its the norm. But Meghan is the exception on that.

Fantastic look. I love the green skirt. Beautiful color, nice nod to Ireland

I love the cashmere sweater with it, and the coat is beautiful as well

Great shoes and purse to finish off look. And the hair looks great too.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:58 PM
Royal Highness

She’s definitely wearing green, white and orange today. The shoes are sold as burnt orange. I cringed a bit when I saw that.

Otherwise, I love the look when the coat is off. Hair is still not good, but the look is an improvement all in all. And no black
Old 03-23-2018, 09:00 PM
Nobility

Awful outfit. Nothing makes sense: colours, shape...Terrible hair.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:01 PM
Majesty

Nothing makes sense? She's wearing colors of the Irish flag.

LaRae
Old 03-23-2018, 09:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
Her father's ancestry is Irish, so this would make sense.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
She's wearing colors of the Irish flag.

LaRae
I’m not sure that’s a plus in this case, since she wasn’t actually visiting the ROI.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:

LaRae
In the sense the colors go together and don't clash

But considering they are in Belfast, a nod to the Republic of Ireland flag might not be the best thing to point out. I thought the shoes were red.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:

LaRae
But she was in Northern Ireland and not Ireland. It's a BIG difference.
Correct me if I'm wrong but if I remember correctly, the flag of Northern Ireland is mostly white and red...so maybe IF the colours were chosen intentionally as an homage maybe it was a faux pas, too...

Regardless, to me, from the point of view of style, I see 4 different colours that don't go too well all together (skirt, top and coat, bag, shoes).
Old 03-23-2018, 09:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice to have a skirt and some color, a lovely green. The messy hair and hair touching still irks me and the coat is way too big and long. But quite an improvement, the cut of the skirt is very special.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
But she was in Northern Ireland and not Ireland. It's a BIG difference.
Correct me if I'm wrong but if I remember correctly, the flag of Northern Ireland is mostly white and red...so maybe IF the colours were chosen intentionally as an homage maybe it was a faux pas, too...

Regardless, to me, from the point of view of style, I see 4 different colours that don't go too well all together (skirt, top and coat, bag, shoes).
Red white and blue, the union jack is the official flag for NI. St Patrick's Sattire is sometimes used (the red X in the Union jack represents NI).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_o...7s_Saltire.svg

Quote:
Nice to have a skirt and some color, a lovely green. The messy hair and hair touching still irks me and the coat is way too big and long. But quite an improvement, the cut of the skirt is very special.
No worries about the hair touching. May never go away but I am sure like Kate she will move to 'its just her habit, or nerves' and people will stop commenting.

As for the coat, think people will have to get used to it. The looser over coat is a style, and one she seems to quite like. Not a fitted suit coat like others.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:38 PM
Majesty

Her shoes looked very red in certain light...then more burnt reddish/orange in other light.

I'm going to figure she was intending to represent the Flag of Ireland where she actually was today.

Cream, green and red/burnt orange do go together. No it's not monochromatic and it's not brown or black (thank God)....but it does look well. She looks amazing walking across the room without the coat on (which I was not a fan of the coat).

LaRae
Old 03-23-2018, 10:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:

I'm going to figure she was intending to represent the Flag of Ireland where she actually was today.

LaRae
Excuse me Pranter, but I think you need an explanation:

- Ireland is an island

- Politically, this island is divided between the Republic of Ireland (officially named Ireland) and Northern Ireland which is part of the United Kingdom.

- The colours of the flag of the REPUBLIC OF IRELAND are green, white, and orange

- The flag of NORTHERN IRELAND is the Union Jack (of course I know this Countessmeout...) but the Ulster Banner and the St. Patrick Saltire are sometimes used (colours RED and WHITE) - for instance in the uniforms of Northern Ireland's football team.

- Miss Markle today was in Belfast, which is Nothern Ireland's capital. I do hope she was aware of the difference.

If you need more information I suggest visiting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland

Excuse me if this post is OT, but I felt it was necessary.