Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HM and Meghan would never wear similar clothes, so comparing the two is just pointless.

Other women in this particular memorial service wore sleeveless dresses, so clearly it wasn't unsuitable dress for the occasion.

This was a memorial service not just your normal Sunday service
And I’m so over what is worn in US.
“She isn’t in Kansas anymore Toto“

Yes, a memorial service where multiple people felt the dress code was laid back enough to show shoulders.

From Dawn Service. I’m ok about the hat. I’d prefer something that doesn’t have the soft outside ring. But yay, we moved on to a real hat!

Yum on the coat. Cascading hem. No ID yet. Reporters are saying KP is not giving official IDs so far, probably out of respect for the event.

Note she’s wearing hose today as well. So, it’s not just for HM’s benefit. She’s going to wear them at more formal events and likely forego them for less formal events.

Last edited by a moderator:
They don’t give ID for Anzac Day

Yes, a memorial service where multiple people felt the dress code was laid back enough to show shoulders.

And weren’t royal

From Dawn Service. I’m ok about the hat. I’d prefer something that doesn’t have the soft outside ring. But yay, we moved on to a real hat!

Yum on the coat. Cascading hem. No ID yet. Reporters are saying KP is not giving official IDs so far, probably out of respect for the event.

Note she’s wearing hose today as well. So, it’s not just for HM’s benefit. She’s going to wear them at more formal events and likely forego them for less formal events.

At last a hat and coat suitable for the occasion
Very nice look

Meghan looks nice. :flowers: Agree with your summary. Love the hat!

Last edited:
And weren’t royal

It’s interesting that she needs to be more dressed of than the events call for here, but was crucified because she was more dressed than the athletes and to wear sneakers at IG tryouts. And mind you, she’s not informal by any means with that dress.

And she’s not yet a royal as many like to point out on other more convenient occasions.

It’s interesting that she needs to be more dressed of than the events call for here, but was crucified because she was more dressed than the athletes and to wear sneakers at IG tryouts. And mind you, she’s not informal by any means with that dress.

And she’s not yet a royal as many like to point out on other more convenient occasions.

A good point. Imho she was dressed suitably for this memorial based on the way other ladies were dressed. I'd like to think that the people taking part in the memorial were aware of the proper dress code.

Brimmed hat! Yes it's a nice hat.

(..)

And weren’t royal

Either is Meghan :flowers:

Royals dress for the occasion. Besides the queen, they don't wear coat dresses and pearls to every single event. They dress for the occasion. Meghan didn't look out of place among any of those people in attendance. She was properly dressed for the event. But I guess she needs to bring out the cardigan, pearls and southern church hat for some people.

Anzac day:

She looks great. I love the coat, beautiful choice. And the hat is great :flowers:

I think Meghan looked lovely on both occasions. And at the Anzac Day Dawn Service specifically, I liked both the brimmed hat and the coat. She may have worn hose because the early morning event was in the open air and it looked as if it was very cold!

(..)

For the record, I thought her ensemble for the ANZAC Dawn Parade was really lovely and she did Harry (and HM) proud.

(..)

A hat with a full brim!!! I'm doing a happy dance. Meghan looks great in a hat. She rocks that vacation fedora religiously. Hoping this is a sign that all berets and beret-adjacent styles will be cast out of her closet.

The coat was also pretty fantastic. My only quibble was perhaps one too many rows of buttons. But that's really a minor nitpick.

Great coat and she has the perfect face and head for this sort of hat !

(..)

I love the wide-brimmed hat, but I find something off about the gray coat. The shoulders look very wide.

Not keen on the black outfit, though the hat is cute.

LOVE the grey coat. I hope she wears that again! Very warm touchy greeting with William, that's nice to see.

Her second outfit is just lovely...I'm ignoring the beret part which actually isn't too bad this time. This dress reminds me of what a southern woman might wear.

Great clothes day IMO.

LaRae

I like everything about the 2nd outfit - appropriate, stylish, and a good hat.

My one niggle is this material that Wickstead insists on using - reminds me of crimplene.

Loved both of Meghans outfits today !! She’s quickly pulled up her socks in the fashion game ! Hope she keeps up the momentum !

(..)

Two nice looks, although I'm not sure that grey is Meghan's best color--or that shade of grey, anyway. I like her in the black at the later engagement much better, although I'm kind of over the berets. Fedoras aren't my favorite hat style either, but not a fan of berets in general. She wears it well, but...meh.

I found both outfits for the memorials appropriate. (..)

Have to say I really liked both outfits, and thought the black beret was very cute. The black outfit for WA was fine though I'm not really a fan of all black, but I thought the grey coat was lovely.

Not a fan of the Grey Coat, Ms Markle looks overwhelmed by it, but the Fedora is wonderful.

The Black outfit is FAULTLESS, and I love the fabric [I think its cloqué].

Last edited:
Not a fan of the Grey Coat, it looks she looks overwhelmed by it, but the Fedora is wonderful.

The Black outfit is FAULTLESS, and I love the fabric [I think its cloqué].

I shall look that up - Wickstead uses that material a lot and as I said, I'm not a fan.

The outfit looked familiar and according to the brilliant Anna, Sophie Wessex has the same in pale blue - worn at Ascot and BP GP.

I love, love, love the wide-brimmed hat on Meghan but that gray coat is astoundingly bad. The buttons are too large...the double pocket flaps are out of place...the contrast between the trim waist and wide shoulders...it's all just too much. It's fussy and dated; it overwhelms her.

I loved both looks today. I liked both hats, too. Meghan really is putting in the work, I really do applaud her for it.

I think her sleeveless memorial service outfit was lovely! Perhaps on someone with bigger bust area it would be inappropriate for a church event, but on Meghan it was perfectly fine in my opinion.

Now, I'm clearly having issues with her coats. Once again it looks heavy and somewhat bulky and overwhelming. I think perhaps the shoulderpads are too big and wide, and the length could be a few inches shorter. However, the hat suits her really well! And her shoes look more comfortable than her usual heels, great choice!

I love the fabric and upper part of the black outfit, the cropped jacket and the 3/4 sleeves, but I think a shorter skirt would lighten the all black look a bit. I'm not a fan of the black beret, or any flat saucer like headwears in general.

I love, love, love the wide-brimmed hat on Meghan but that gray coat is astoundingly bad. The buttons are too large...the double pocket flaps are out of place...the contrast between the trim waist and wide shoulders...it's all just too much. It's fussy and dated; it overwhelms her.

ITA loonytick. I loved the first hat and her makeup is very nice, her hair is okay, at least it's out of her face. The coat is too padded in the shoulders and the buttons are too large, and too many.

The second outfit is a vast improvement, but I agree the fabric is too heavy and I really don't like berets but that is a personal preference. She looks much more polished and pulled together today, both outfits are an improvement.

She's learning, and yes she's working hard. I think she wants very much to get it right, so while we'll see things that don't work from time to time, she seems to go back and make changes and doesn't repeat questionable choices.

Personally not a fans of the beret, but LOVE her black outfit. (I imagine she pair it with her brimmed hat)

Very elegant during both ceremonies.

She looks appropriate at both events, but I do not like the black suit. It looks stiff and dated to me.

The fedora is wonderful. She needs more of these--so stylish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom