The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-03-2017, 02:04 PM

I'm seriously in love with this skirt... I have a strong feeling Meghan will be a tragedy for my bank account

Old 12-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Commoner

i won't say i liked the crumpled boots however i think she looked perfect the coat especially is pretty

Old 12-05-2017, 11:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Nothing Meghan has worn is like Diana, I wish people would stop making connections that aren't there with that woman.
This is the thing that gets me about all this. As much of a style icon as Diana was, she passed away twenty years ago. It's really unfair to compare her clothes from the 90s to her current daughter in law and daughter in law to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al khansae View Post
i won't say i liked the crumpled boots however i think she looked perfect the coat especially is pretty
The picture of the boots from the website didn't look like it's intended to be crumpled. However, given how thin her legs are, anything that doesn't hold up on its own will probably slide down. Not having much sympathy for her though, that's one heck of a problem to have.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
The picture of the boots from the website didn't look like it's intended to be crumpled. However, given how thin her legs are, anything that doesn't hold up on its own will probably slide down. Not having much sympathy for her though, that's one heck of a problem to have.
Funny.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Apparently it’s ‘style goals’ which is a good thing (I’m not hip to the lingo)

How Meghan has been channelling Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-06-2017, 02:31 AM
Majesty

Obviously the only woman before Meghan to wear a black top with a beige skirt and boots was Caroline, so too with the camel coloured coat, little black dress, etc. et al.

How sad that nobody else is allowed to choose their own clothes and styles because they absolutely have to be those that someone more important than her wore.

I see as much of Meghan's clothes ghosting Caroline as I do Catherine's ghosting Diana's. The fashion writers are just too lazy to do their jobs.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:47 AM
Nobility

I can see the Carolyn/Meghan similarities, honestly. But I'm not convinced Meghan has been trying to channel Carolyn.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:42 AM
Majesty

Fashion is really not that varied. It repeats ...so yeah at some point someone is going to wear something that looks like a previous style or something someone else has worn....people can have similar taste in clothing without there being a deliberate plan to dress like another person.

LaRae
Old 12-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Fashion is really not that varied. It repeats ...so yeah at some point someone is going to wear something that looks like a previous style or something someone else has worn....people can have similar taste in clothing without there being a deliberate plan to dress like another person. LaRae
Exactly so imo, too.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:44 PM
Royal Highness

There cannot be enough peole inspired by Carolyn Bessette Kennedy. She had great style!
Old 12-06-2017, 03:10 PM
Majesty

Taste in style varies.

LaRae
Old 12-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
There cannot be enough peole inspired by Carolyn Bessette Kennedy. She had great style!
I'm glad you identified who was being referenced because I was clueless. More than that, I have no memory of her 'style' whatsoever. I am aware she was married to JFK Jr and there was always a buzz about him (and then her) but I didn't pay attention. It seemed to be an interest of my mother and aunts, that generation. I seriously doubt Carolyn is on Meghan's radar. JMO.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:18 AM
Administrator

The discussion about Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy's wedding dress being an inspiration for Meghan Markle's wedding dress has been moved our extra thread "Meghan Markle: Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings". Please use this thread for discussions about her current fashion choices only - thank you!