The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

without the boots this could be a great outfit,nice skirt and very pretty coat unfortunately the boots ruined the look

Old 12-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
As would I
Me as well. So would my 31 year old daughter (who also loved the purse and wants one except for the price tag!).

LaRae

Old 12-01-2017, 06:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Actually she is dressing like a normal person. I would totally wear that whole outfit and not be uncomfortable.
I actually did yesterday, wore a long navy coat, black boots and a black turtleneck. Thought I was quite boring, but now I feel great since apparently I was very celebrity.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
without the boots this could be a great outfit,nice skirt and very pretty coat unfortunately the boots ruined the look
The worst thing of the lot is knowing that her boots crumpled around the ankles because of her slim legs! She may be petite but wow I certainly didn't recognise the boots in the advertisement as the boots she wore.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:26 PM
Nobility

I'm pretty sure the "crumpled" boots were a style choice and I liked how they looked myself.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Actually she is dressing like a normal person. I would totally wear that whole outfit and not be uncomfortable.
QFT, this is a simple outfit that has nothing wrong with it. Respectful and more reserved than I expected.
Nothing Meghan has worn is like Diana, I wish people would stop making connections that aren't there with that woman.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 12-01-2017, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
I'm pretty sure the "crumpled" boots were a style choice and I liked how they looked myself.
Si did I ! I loved the whole of her look !
Old 12-01-2017, 08:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Agreed. The heel was perfect too - very current and fresh. Those boots look like a black suede version of the YSL silver boots - are they?

Honestly I loved her whole look. It was perfect, imo. I especially love seeing that she recycles her clothes - she wore that same coat a year ago. It's refreshing that she hasn't seem to run out to buy a whole new wardrobe. She's wearing the clothes she already has.

I love her style and am excited because it jibes so well with my own... classic but with a modern edge. I sometimes go more edgy, but good enough, lol.

This is gonna be awesome following her fashion over the years...
Old 12-01-2017, 08:35 PM
Majesty

My guess is she will add pieces as needed for formal events ...and slowly add in 'working' clothes to mix in with her current 'working' type wardrobe.

LaRae
Old 12-01-2017, 11:06 PM
Courtier

Every thing she wore is perfect except for the *Boots*, they ruined the outfit for me. That skirt is to die for, how feminine, sexy and yet very appropriate. And the top turtle neck is just fine for it matched the thin belt which I loved. She did not go wrong on this outfit, would wear it to work in a law office any day of the week. She seems to love long straight hair, and at times it is unruly as it flies away, heck my hair flies away when the wind blows so that is really no big deal. Us women that love long hair have that problem, no need to chop it off all because of the wind...anyhow I see this as a positive step for her and that is to be expected from her. Meghan knows exactly what she is doing here...
Old 12-01-2017, 11:19 PM
Commoner

The outfit looks good in motion, but falls flat in some standing still pictures. I loved all the individual parts of it. I think maybe if she was taller it would have come together better. However, the overall "effect" was I think great. It was very powerful in movement and the skirt is lovely. It has such graceful motion to it.

Meghan is stunning. She is one of the most photogenic people I have seen. I even didn't mind her hair down and normally I think it looks messy. But I do think this look would have been much more polished with an updo.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:21 PM
Majesty

I honestly cannot see why the boots are an issue. Too cold for heels really and flats wouldn't of looked very good with the outfit. Great to pair with the same color shirt and belt.

The look of the boot went with the rest of the outfit.

LaRae
Old 12-01-2017, 11:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
QFT, this is a simple outfit that has nothing wrong with it. Respectful and more reserved than I expected.
Nothing Meghan has worn is like Diana, I wish people would stop making connections that aren't there with that woman.
I though her outfit was spot on, nothing making overt statements, just Meghan being herself. And on that note, I am going to second what Xenia has said regarding the tendency to bring Diana into the discussion. Harry is not marrying a facsimile of his mother any more than William did.

Meghan is wearing an engagement ring with a small nod to Diana, that is all. Meghan is her own woman and just because she wore a coat and boots, something I am sure Diana had worn on innumerable occasions does not make it a "Dianaesque" ensemble.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:08 AM
Nobility

I said this earlier, I liked her from head to toe. She looked perfect for the occasion imo
Old 12-02-2017, 01:42 AM
Majesty

I am in love with the coat. Nice fitted, great look on her.

Wasn't a huge fan of skirt at first, kind of reminded me of something Sophie would wear, but it has grown on me. Matched with the great coat, and the black turtleneck, it was a nice fresh look.

No need for 'matchy matchy' as some suggested. If anything is dated it would be that. She chose a nice blend of neutrals which work well together. And the purple purse being a pop of color against them.

Not always a purse person but I love the purse.

Admit I even like the boots. Nice change from the standard royal boot.

Quote:
The only thing I didn't like was the boots. I think she got a crash course in why heavier (lined0 suede boots are worn by Camilla et al . . .it's freezing doing a walkabout and the cold creeps through the thin soles. We'll see if she changes them.

All in all a terrific start to her new life if a little dark.
She may be born in California but she has spent the past seven years in Canada. And while Toronto may not be the coldest part of Canada ever, temperature wise it is very much in common with the UK. Meghan will know as well as any what footwear is good in what weather. She may not know about walk abouts, but she does know about getting to and fro in Canadian winter.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Same here. They suited the length of her skirt. All round loved her ensemble.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I truly cannot stand those skirts ... the rest is lost as the skirt just rules the outfit ... YUK!!!
Old 12-02-2017, 01:58 PM
Serene Highness

I thought she looked great , I loved her coat .... and the skirt looked fab thumbs up for the put fit
Old 12-02-2017, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hate the skirt she wore and I think the coat could have done with a few inches shorter. And I also dislike the boots but that is a personal preference. She still wears the sh.t out of her outfit, just like Máxima does, even though their personal styles couldn't be more different if you tried.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Love the outfit! I thought she looked great! Can't wait to see her wedding dress!!!