Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks lovely today. Her own style, but a bit more of that early-Spring element included. Stamp of approval from me! And Harry has really been stepping it up now that he has Meghan walking next to him. It also helps that they really got that glow. ;)

Everything is unattractive to me. Shoes skirt coat shirt etc. This is one of the rare couples where the guy has better outfits.

I'm not impressed either. :flowers:
It's rather boring, like she didn't make much of an effort.

Yes, I think the look is indeed Spring-like, and no black pants! I like it, especially the skirt and shoes, a tribute to Irish colours. Hope the weight loss, which I also have noticed, isn't due to stress, but just to a strict fitness regime. I wouldn't like to see Meghan much thinner though.
I don't think it's planned unfortunately. She would be mad to plan to lose weight while her wedding gown is under construction having already had fittings.

Diana lost so much they had to recut her bodice and they still ended up having to sew her into it on her wedding day
We do not want a repeat.

(..)

But either way, I like the outfit. I'm not sure what kind of "effort" some are expecting her to put in? She wore some nice pieces and that's just typical for royal engagements with a bit of personal style put in. I'm not seeing this taking any less effort than any other royal ladies when they conduct daytime engagements. There are, of course, times that they'll dress up more like the Commonwealth Day Service, but that wouldn't have been appropriate for this visit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I approve.. the colour, the hair and [especially] the bag and shoes.

ALL Chic.

A SKIRT! YAY.
Coat and hair are still boring but it’s an improvement on the trousers.

To me she put in more effort today .... you don't look like this if you just grab things from the neutral part of the closet and go.

I hope this continues. It suits her and makes her look warmer.

LaRae

Green skirt with rustic red shoes? Meghan, you naughty naughty girl. I like it. I’ll be back when I have more time. :lol:

Yes I noticed the color choices too. She's wearing the same colors in the flag for the Republic of Ireland.

Here are some photos of Meghan's look today:
** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Full view without the coat **

Elegant! :flowers: A kind of casual elegance, due to the materials used as well as draping. Looks great. Hair is very beautiful. Love that they are back to their 'signature handholding' as the headline said. She is clearly changing her style to suit her position but all her, understated and unique. Nicely done.

I like the skirt and the sweater, but I'm not sold on pairing them together. There is just something off about it. The coat again looks too big on her (it's wearing her) and the hair thing is simply not my cut of tea, unless you are headed to the gym. And will someone please check her ears at the palace before she goes out without earrings again. For some reason, that is driving me crazy, the outfit doesn't look finished without earrings.

She's wearing the same colors in the flag for the Republic of Ireland.

Err.. NO [she wouldn't make so controversial an ERROR]. The Flag of the Irish Republic is Green/White/Orange. Ms Markle wore Green/White/Red today...

:previous: From looking at the photos, the shoes have an orange hue to them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...s-Republic-Irelands-flag-colours-Belfast.html

Meghan gave a nod to the Emerald Isle in a forest green skirt by Toronto-based Greta Constantine, while the white came in the form of the same Victoria Beckham cashmere jumper she wore for her engagement photoshoot.
She teamed the ensemble with rusty orange suede shoes by Jimmy Choo and covered up witha $750 Mackage waterfall collar coat.

Last edited:
I love it that she gave a nod to Ireland with the colors. Watching video clips several folks in the crowd apparently commented/complimented her on her clothing.

Of course happy to see color! The coat is the only thing I didn't care for. I'm not a fan of that loose bath-robe style coat.

LaRae

:previous: From looking at the photos, the shoes have an orange hue to them.

Depends on the lighting. They look dark red in some pics.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that the lighting does play a part but in some photos those shoes come across as orange.

Err.. NO [she wouldn't make so controversial an ERROR]. The Flag of the Irish Republic is Green/White/Orange. Ms Markle wore Green/White/Red today...

I agree. If she deliberately wore the colours of the Republic of Ireland while in Belfast (Northern Ireland) it would be a terrible mistake.

EDIT: it wouldnt IMO be her fault but her advisers.

Followers of 'Ladies' Royal Fashion regarding Ireland will know that Orange is NEVER worn there, not by HMQ, or any Royal Duchess..
Green, yes, White, yes, but Orange NEVER.. it is simply too controversial and liable in interpretation as 'political'.

Nothing boring about this look to me. She looks business like and elegant. I just love her style.

I’m literally shedding tears.
Color at last!!
And she looks lovely in it! She has the perfect skin tone for both dark and light color shades (except maybe bright orange and some neon shades). I’d love to see her in super light blue or light purple.

This and the commonwealth outfit are a clear indication to me that she may have finally hired a stylist who knows their stuff and are pushing Meghan to step out of her comfort zone of blacks, white, neutral. That or someone is finally knocking some sense into her.

Now: loving the skirt! Shape and color.
I’m unsure about the shade of red- they look a tad more orangy to me, but since she’s in green one would want to avoid any Christmas comparisons...

While I find white and forest green to go well together colorwise, the sweater is pretty but neckline wise does not fully work with the skirt because the skirt is fairly long, a slightly lower neck line would have looked much better. Either a V/ a square/ a semi plunging-cowl (I actually own a sweater with that neckline combo it works because while it’s semi deep, the cowl creates multi layers that it does a great job covering anything that needs covering abut still leaves a bit of open skin at the collarbone area- like how a jewel neckline looks but the cowl provides volume and texture.. which bring me to) A jewel neckline would also work with the skirt.

And maybe a slightly more form fitted sweater.

I am unsure about the coat in terms of color, it just feels like the odd piece color wise.
Not 100%sure about the bag color too. But shape is nice.

But this is by far in her top 3 outfit. (The other two are the commonwealth ceremony and the engagement interview green dress and white coat- I ignore the shoes they were awful).

Improvement at last.

Edit: thinking about it, I think if the skirt would have been a pair of straight trousers (same color!) it would have actually worked with the sweater.
Long skirts and closed tops remind of the orthodox jews women outfit and as a non religious Jew that outfit combo equates to religious oppression in my mind. (I’d explain but i’m on my phone).

Last edited:
I liked today's outfit. She looks good, everything fits, and the colors are better.

Meghan looks gorgeous and I like that her skirt is green as a nod to Ireland. On a side note, Harry looks a lot better with a beard - makes him look even more handsome!

Usually not excited when royals, especially when BRF royals wear skirts, as its the norm. But Meghan is the exception on that.

Fantastic look. I love the green skirt. Beautiful color, nice nod to Ireland :flowers:

I love the cashmere sweater with it, and the coat is beautiful as well ?

Great shoes and purse to finish off look. And the hair looks great too.

She’s definitely wearing green, white and orange today. The shoes are sold as burnt orange. I cringed a bit when I saw that.

Otherwise, I love the look when the coat is off. Hair is still not good, but the look is an improvement all in all. And no black:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom