The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
So far, no.
She can't hold a candle to your Duchess, ey?

Old 01-09-2018, 12:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
What about informal engagements?
They already do that, as mentioned above.

LaRae

Old 01-09-2018, 12:20 PM
Royal Highness

^ It isn't COMPULSORY to like her, or what she wears, you know ?
Old 01-09-2018, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

It's perfect for today's engagement IMO as Harry is dressed in more casual wear too.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
^ It isn't COMPULSORY to like her, or what she wears, you know ?
Which one? Because you know there is that going on for every royal lady. It's just more annoying when there are posters going into posts about people you know they hate every time something happens and just to offer unsubstantiated and odd criticisms.

Although, I believe I was the first to comment on how much I hate brown when the Sandringham pictures came out.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:24 PM
Courtier

The neutrality and simplicity of this outfit really resonate with me. She makes it look chic and effortless. Also love that she wore proper trousers vs. skinny jeans. Harry has never looked better either!
Old 01-09-2018, 12:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
The neutrality and simplicity of this outfit really resonate with me. She makes it look chic and effortless. Also love that she wore proper trousers vs. skinny jeans. Harry has never looked better either!
I really like the pants and sweater. The coat is good, but I prefer the Smythe coat she has worn previously. I'm not big on the bulky scarves, but I live in much warmer climate and will probably not survive in Canada or London during winter.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Which one? Because you know there is that going on for every royal lady. It's just more annoying when there are posters going into posts about people you know they hate every time something happens and just to offer unsubstantiated and odd criticisms.

Although, I believe I was the first to comment on how much I hate brown when the Sandringham pictures came out.

I dislike rusty browns, too, but I have to admit that it worked for her at Sandringham. I admire that she has managed to look like she's not trying too hard by going over the top with color/style (OK, the engagement dress notwithstanding price-wise)
Old 01-09-2018, 12:28 PM
Serene Highness

I have only now seen her trousers, or, as we call it in Dutch, a pantalon.
They look very chic!

Nobility

Smythe is actually a Canadian clothing line. So far Maegan has worn coats from three different Canadian companies!!!!!
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
I dislike rusty browns, too, but I have to admit that it worked for her at Sandringham. I admire that she has managed to look like she's not trying too hard by going over the top with color/style (OK, the engagement dress notwithstanding price-wise)
Oh, I thought she looked adorable, but I instinctively shutter a little bit when I see that color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene View Post
Smythe is actually a Canadian clothing line. So far Maegan has worn coats from three different Canadian companies!!!!!
I always thought Smythe is English? But that's probably because I knew Samantha Cameron worked there.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I really like the pants and sweater. The coat is good, but I prefer the Smythe coat she has worn previously. I'm not big on the bulky scarves, but I live in much warmer climate and will probably not survive in Canada or London during winter.
I think Canada is much colder during winter than London these days, although I could be wrong.
And indeed if you live in a much warmer climate then generally Northwest European winters could probably feel like the North Pole to you

Old 01-09-2018, 12:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
They already do that, as mentioned above.

LaRae
Ah, okay. I would think a visit to a radio station would be more in the "informal" bucket, but what do I know.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:37 PM
Nobility

Kate wore a Smythe blazer on her first visit to Canada.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can find nothing wrong with her outfit today. The pants are very nice looking and the coat and scarf are lovely. The only thing I can say is that, I do like a messy bun when it is done intentionally, this does not look intentional, but last minute because her hair wouldn't cooperate. Other than that, she looks great for the outing.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

I wish she would wear fewer neutrals. I don't think brown and beige do much for her coloring. Once I read Meghan's brown beret compared to a poop emoji, it was an image I could not unsee.

It is a little odd to pipe up only to offer consistent criticisms. Just curious--why do you dislike Meghan?
Old 01-09-2018, 12:47 PM
Majesty

I have a feeling she is going to be seen in a lot of neutral colors...it seems to be her thing.

LaRae
Old 01-09-2018, 12:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I have a feeling she is going to be seen in a lot of neutral colors...it seems to be her thing.

LaRae
She's talked about liking monochromatic dressing before in an interview.

For those that like a lot of colors, I just don't think Meghan will be your fashion inspiration very often.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I've been critical of Kate in the past over hair going everywhere and so, to be absolutely fair I think next time Meghan tries an updo it would be good to have one where you don't have to keep brushing your hair away from your face.

I'm also a colour kind of gal and I'd love to see her on an engagement with a green or blue outfit. But, I like her and I think she's doing exceptionally well for a beginner at the Royal game, so...
Old 01-09-2018, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
For those that like a lot of colors, I just don't think Meghan will be your fashion inspiration very often.

Like me?

No I usually don't care for all the neutrals; I prefer color.
But there's nothing wrong with what she is wearing, it just doesn't appeal to me.

And, I think her hair looks awful!!