The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-25-2017, 09:35 AM
Nobility

Very stylish look from Meghan. I love everything except the hat. And yeah, it's weird seeing her in hat...maybe that's part of it.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
these belted coats swamp her

Agreed, with the big collar, loosely tied belt there is just 'too much going on' so it looks too big [even if it isn't]...

Old 12-25-2017, 09:37 AM
Majesty

I don't mind the brown/beige color (although I'd of preferred black/beige personally)...or better yet burgundy with black.

LaRae
Old 12-25-2017, 09:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
That's true. I like this better than the fascinators that sit right on the front of the head.
I agree

The hat looks much better in the video but personally I still don't love it. The decoration is okay to me, and I think the problem is the size/shape of the crown (?). In some angles the crown is in a weird shape.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Agreed, with the big collar, loosely tied belt there is just 'too much going on' so it looks too big [even if it isn't]...

Some of the twitter crowd is saying the coat is too big...I didn't notice that at all. To me the hat is the only wrong element ...it's too York girls in style.

LaRae
Old 12-25-2017, 09:43 AM
Nobility

I really like her in burgundy so I hope we get to see the dress.

Her outerwear, hat and boot combo is exactly what I think of with her style. I love the tone on tone color choice (always been a favorite of mine). The coat is gorgeous - but needs to be tailored (I’m sure it will be eventually).

I wonder what her outfit looks like sans coat?

The hat... I’m not great at wearing hats myself (I tend to choose fascinators) so I like her choice for her. If you’re gonna wear a hat then that’s a cute demure one to wear. I probably would have preferred a fascinator instead but I don’t hate the hat. I’m still learning to wear hats myself so ... I probably wouldn’t have chosen it but I think she was trying to sync her outerwear. It’s why I wish we could see the whole ensemble.

I also like the colors she chose. The BRF is so earthy a lot of times - kinda LL Bean in their color choices and use of suede. I think that’s why I love her outfit - even though the hat isn’t my taste it feels like the perfect way to blend in with the rest of the family while also having a slightly modern edge.

I just went back to look at the hat again and it’s really growing on me. But I wasn’t one of the people who didn’t like Beatrice/Eugenie’s hats - I thought they were very fashion forward and modern. This is similar but way toned down. I’ve decided that I like it. I’m gonna go find video now so I can see this in motion.

But she looks radiant and so happy. She’s such a naturally glamorous woman - what a welcome addition to the RF.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is that a hat that fits completely on the top of the head or does in lean towards the side in a beret fashion? I hate the color brown so I'm not in love with the hat or boot colors.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 12-25-2017, 09:45 AM
Nobility

Agreed, I think the coat is fine. It's not super tailored but it doesn't need to be...it's a wrap coat. Lol
Old 12-25-2017, 10:16 AM
Commoner

I love the coat, but not a big fan of the hat
Old 12-25-2017, 10:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Is that a hat that fits completely on the top of the head or does in lean towards the side in a beret fashion? I hate the color brown so I'm not in love with the hat or boot colors.
I've now watched multiple videos with pics - I think it's more of a beret style. One of the articles I read actually called it a beret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
Agreed, I think the coat is fine. It's not super tailored but it doesn't need to be...it's a wrap coat. Lol
I think it's the sleeves that are likely drawing the "too big" comments.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:34 AM
Courtier

I like everything from head to toe. The curl on the beret is to make it distinct.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
I think it's the sleeves that are likely drawing the "too big" comments.
I guess lol. I've seen a few pics with her arm straight and the length isn't an issue...maybe the width.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:54 AM
Majesty

She looks great. Appropriate and fitting for her first appearance with the family

I love the coat. Yes its big, but its a wrap coat and meant to be. Lovely color and style on her. And I love the boots as well

Not always a fan of velvet but I am in love with the color of the dress under.

Happy she is wearing an actual hat and not a fascinator. Not my favorite hat though, but it is her first try. But not a fan of the thing on the side of it.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I find it a blah outfit.

I guess it is appropriate, but I don't think it flattering.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
I guess lol. I've seen a few pics with her arm straight and the length isn't an issue...maybe the width.
I think it’s the combination of the coat and the hat and the boots. If she had chosen one that’s...less heavy material, then it’d have a lighter feel overall, but then she might get cold.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:10 AM
Aristocracy

The hat is terrible. I like the coat but she isn't tall enough to pull it off with the boots.

The colors look good on her, but I hope we see her in more jewel tones in the future.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I like the beige and brown combination,the coat is fine but looks big on her the hat is terrible,i think her overall look is fine however i still think she played too safe nothing wooooow and dazzling in her clothes choices not what i expect from Hollywood star.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:43 AM
Royal Highness

I love the coat, I could do without the hat or the boots. Suede boots should never be brown.

I don’t think the coat is ill-fitted for this style. But perhaps a military coat would’ve worked better with the hat/beret. I like the collar, but it could’ve worked better here with less collar. I think if she took off the hat, it would’ve worked a lot better. It still ends up being problem with the hat.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:44 AM
Majesty

She's not really a Hollywood Star though. She had a role on a cable show. She didn't grow up famous and the only reason she's become so known now is because she's been dating/marrying Harry.

She lived a pretty ordinary/normal life before Harry. She never had to deal with paps and security prior to.

LaRae
Old 12-25-2017, 11:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I think it’s the combination of the coat and the hat and the boots. If she had chosen one that’s...less heavy material, then it’d have a lighter feel overall, but then she might get cold.
Hmmm...I don't know. I've seen a few videos now and I like the look even more in motion. Doesn't look too heavy or big. I've even come around a bit on the hat. It's a cute, stylish look overall, I think.