Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I liked her "posture". I think it was just fine for this occasion and quite refreshing to see. If she does it on official engagements, then I'll perhaps question it.

I never heard anyone say white was only for a wedding day before. I guess a lot of my summer wardrobe is wrong,?

Oh, of course not!! :flowers: I meant that white might not be the best choice for an engagement!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing special about her outfit, the coat was unflattering but the mix of the coat color and the dress was nice. Her looks was simple and clean. I loved her pumps.

I really liked the coat. Pretty and simple, and perfect in the late fall garden :flowers:

I would have preferred perhaps a more fitted trench, was thinking Burberry, but still a nice choice.

The simple green dress was a great choice IMO. ?

The ongoing off-topic discussion about Meghan Markle's posture and the couple's interview has been deleted, if you wish to continue the discussion, please do so at their engagement thread. Thank you!

I liked the dress and the colour I didn't like the coat at all it looks too big and it wasn't done up properly. It looked sloppy and really did her no justice.

The dress was marvellous and the coat super !!!!

Nothing special about her outfit, the coat was unflattering but the mix of the coat color and the dress was nice. Her looks was simple and clean. I loved her pumps.

I like the color of the coat, but the tie didn’t work for me. It wasn’t flattering. It looked a bit messy.

The dress was lovely though.

If the coat had been more structured and had a bit more weight to it I think it would of worked very well. I didn't care for it as it was.

LaRae

Imo she played safe,nothing to be excited about the dress is lovely and her hair looks nice but the coat is unflattering on her..this is her first royal appearance so it's fine to me

Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part One: November 2017 -

I have to disagree about her hair. Kate has had so much bad press about her hair I would expect the same for Meghan. She needs a hairdresser on call. The photos from suits show her hair looking beautiful so I hope she gets a good hairdresser in London

Last edited:
What was wrong with her hair? It was neatly groomed with a nice fresh trim.

Generally speaking I hope I won't have to see those ripped jeans and untidy blouse she wore at the Invictus games...!! But it will be a dream for designers to dress her.

Her hair looked just fine to me and her makeup was lovely as well.

Generally speaking I hope I won't have to see those ripped jeans and untidy blouse she wore at the Invictus games...!! But it will be a dream for designers to dress her.

In her down time, like shopping or walking her dog, you may. She is off the clock and can dress as she chooses. She was a private citizen attending a sporting event.

At official events, no I would expect her casual clothes a bit more styled.

Omid Mio Scobie‏Verified account
@_mio
Follow Follow @_mio

For those asking, here’s @meghanmarkle’s #OOTD breakdown:
�� - @Mackage
�� - @WolfordFashion
�� - @JOSEPH_FASHION
�� - #Strathberry

Her tote bag is fabulous! I am so in love with it!

Her overall look today was very classy and nicely put together.

Yes, I loved everything about her look today. The tote, the boots, the skirt, the coat all worked well together. She looked great.

I bet that bag sells out if it hasn't already!

LaRae

Sorry, but I thought the looks were hideous. Very 1985...
The coat was very nice, but everything was mismatched: blue coat, black boots, eggplant bag...

Plus, the hair is distracting: Half of it was in the coat, half out. She keeps touching it and moving strands. There's a reason for tied-up/pinned hairstyles especially when it's windy!

Last edited:
The overall look is ok, even though I strongly dislike the saggy boots. I don't like her coat choices so far, they are sort of overpowering her, but at least they seem very comfortable. The green dress she wore for the interview was lovely!

I don't see anything wrong with her hairstyle. I'm sure we'll see her wear some nice updos for more formal occasions and even ponytails when she feels like it. I for one am looking forward to see them and how her style in general evolves.

Sorry, but I thought the looks were hideous. Very 1985...
The coat was very nice, but everything was mismatched: blue coat, black boots, eggplant bag...

Plus, the hair is distracting: Half of it was in the coat, half out. She keeps touching it and moving strands. There's a reason for tied-up/pinned hairstyles especially when it's windy!

I disagree. The colors all worked well enough together. She wore a black turtle neck under her coat, hence the black boots. Her hair does need a trim but other than the that the style works well for her.

Her tote bag is fabulous! I am so in love with it!

Her overall look today was very classy and nicely put together.

I agree, not over the top but classic & elegant. She looks amazing ( they both do).

For me her outfit was a miss. Like someone rightly said very 1985ish!
And the aubergine bag? It was a mismatch.
I quite liked her hair though, and the touching her hair just made her seem very normal

Thought she looked classy from head to toe. Especially love the skirt.

I am not crazy about her outfit: the coat is pretty but white should be reserved for the wedding day! Queen Letizia also wore white for the engagement announcement. I just don't understand it. Her heels (too high!) and posture were too"Hollywood" (e.g. Photo) and the hair distracting. The dress' colour was very nice but it was sleeveless. Her body language was slightly patronizing toward Prince Harry. Sorry if I'm a bit harsh!

White reserved for her wedding day only????. :ermm:

I think that she looked great. Love the Coat and the dress. I know that a few media people were crying over the fact that she had bare legs. Love the Heels( I would probably break my neck walking on those stones:lol:) But, she is much shorter than harry, and we don't want him to have back problems by bending over too much to acknowledge her. She look great in the heels and even better she has the legs for them.

;)I agree that she will need some help with her hair----it looks shiny and beautiful, but windy UK days will not be her friend (as Kate discovered with hair, dress hems, etc.). I'm sure she will develop a relationship with a pro quickly.

Related, because it happened at St. Georges Chapel: does anyone else remember the wind that Sophie had to deal with on her wedding day? It made her veil/train billow out in dramatic fashion but her relatively shorter hair was on lockdown and saw her through the day without incident. Lets hear it for the pros!

I liked this a lot. It did not totally attention grab (I like that in a royal wearing training wheels) but that tan kick pleat peaking out from under the coat was kinda inspired :graduate:. Otherwise, it would have been completely dull. I liked the semi slouchy boots if only because they were not that very overdone suede boot that Kate-Camilla-Sophie (and so many others) wear all the time.

It's going to take a while for her to decide what her royal working style is going to be. Maybe more like one than 3 years, but it will take a while. And like every other royal, she will never please all of us.

I actually cared about my own fashion choices in 1985, so I also like the style of the coat. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom