Late Princess Diana's Eveningwear

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the gown is gorgeous, I also like it on Diana during the photo session from 1997 by Lord Snowdon.

80´s evening dress:
Pic

This is the first time I've seen this gown and I don't believe it's a maternity gown at all. I wonder if it's one Diana wore to an event while still engaged and not married yet.

This is the first time I've seen this gown and I don't believe it's a maternity gown at all. I wonder if it's one Diana wore to an event while still engaged and not married yet.
I bet this was before the wedding, she looks very young then.

This was the period right after she wore the strapless black dress to the engagement outing. Then her mother took her out shopping for 'suitable' clothes and bought her all those frumpy, high necked, big collared outfits. Not her best look.

Diana wore it on 27 June 1981 at a miliatry pageant.

Does anyone have a picture of her standing in this dress? I don't believe I have ever seen it before.

I haven't seen this dress before. I'm surprised that she wore the dark choker with the bright pink usually her jewels were immaculately matched with her gowns and outfits. Does anyone know the function the couple were attending? Just curious.

She was so skinny in the pics.

:previous: I adore all the above pictures but the first one is just SUPERB!
Di looks extremely glamourous and radiant! :flowers:

One dress by Bruce Oldfield
The Princess Of Wales Wearing An Evening Dress Designed By Bruce Oldfield Which Featured As Lot No. 73 At The Auction Of Her Dresses At Christies In New York.
Portrait by Terence Daniel Donovan 1986
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Portugal - February 1987

The Last Emperor premiere - February 1988

Grosvenor House Hotel - November 1988

Just so you know, my laptop downloaded 7 viruses from that site.

Just so you know, my laptop downloaded 7 viruses from that site.

Thanks for the info Scooter. You're the first person who reports problems with this site. Until today, I never had a problem/virus with it. I'll pay more attention to it or exchange it for another site.

These are 4 more photos of the white black gown, princessjamie. Unfortunately I didn't find any similar ones in a very big resolution.
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1913/scan0014u.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/112/scan00071.jpg
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

This dress from the same trip was also nice, I think. Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Thanks for posting these pictures. You know, I have always wondered what the back of this gown looks like. The right side is definitely black, including the sleeves. But is the back of the gown also black or is it all white? Has anyone ever seen a photo of the back? I'm really curious how the Emanuels did the back.

Best, ayvee

Last edited:
Thanks for posting these pictures. You know, I have always wondered what the back of this gown looks like. The right side is definitely black, including the sleeves. But is the back of the gown also black or is it all white? Has anyone ever seen a photo of the back? I'm really curious how the Emanuels did the back.

Best, ayvee

I only have a photo taken in March 1987, which shows the back of the dress.:sad:
http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/8382/bbtnjlbwkkgrhqqokiyeq5f.jpg

does any one has di pictures in this gown.

Cmhlhr59, Diana wore this dress in 12/11/1981 and 12/07/1982.:)
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I only have a photo taken in March 1987, which shows the back of the dress.:sad:
http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/8382/bbtnjlbwkkgrhqqokiyeq5f.jpg

Thank you so much gfg02 for this photo! I can make out that the back is all white. Very interesting.

To monic, I have been wondering why the bandwidth on my DianasJewels.net site has gone up. Now, I know the links get posted here too instead of just the thread on Diana's jewelry.

I do hope to get more feedback from other members regarding my site. I've been thinking about having a site that shows in chronological order what Diana wore during the day and evening, but alas, it's so hard because a lot of the pictures in my library of Diana books never put dates. This thread is definitely the best one out there.

Thanks for all who have posted and shared their resources.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom