Late Princess Diana's Eveningwear

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Brazil, 1991
In London, 1988
In London, 1990
In London, 1985
From Tim Graham

kwanfan said:
March 24, 1987-Welcoming King Fahd
April 10, 1987-Sandhurst

Only Diana could have pulled this outfit off!!

November 9, 1985-Gala dinner at White House (Getty Images)

April 16, 1986-State banquet in Austria (Getty Images)

April 27, 1988-Premiere of Wall Street (D. Levenson, New Idea Magazine) (Originally posted by Squidgey)

November 14, 1985-Banquet given by Emir of Qatar (Hola Magazine) (Originally posted by Squidgey)

November 2, 1987-Gala in Germany (Getty Images)

1. October 23 (?), 1990-State banquet for Italian State Visit (Topfoto)

2. October 4, 1990-Gala in aid of the London City Ballet in Washington D.C. (Getty Images)

3. November 14, 1990-Performance of the Welsh National Opera in Japan (Getty Images)

4. March 23, 1992-Performance of the English National Ballet in Hungary (Getty Images)

5. September 24, 1992-Premiere of "Just Like A Women" (Mirrorpix)

6. November 12, 1991-Opera performance (Topfoto)

7. July 3, 1991-Gala in aid of Help the Hospices (Getty Images)

1. May 22, 1986-Premiere of "Biggles" (Good Housekeeping Magazine June 1987) (Originally posted by umbrellagirl)
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/umbrellagirl_photos/imgrove2962.jpg
2. February 23, 1987-Performance of "High Society" to Benefit Help the Hospices (Getty Images)

Info from Squidgy
That's right Smg9295 - Diana wore the green gown on July 23 1986 (left picture). She also wore it Apr. 17 1990 to the Hunt for Red October premiere (right picture).

Photos: PDV, Hola

Thanks Incas for the kind words!!:flowers:

1. October 19, 1992-Premiere of "1492" (Corbis)

2. March 5, 1989-Premiere of "Dangerous Liasons" (Getty Images)

Her John Travolta dress has to be the best. I wish she were alive today, so that we can see more of her beautiful dresses.

I'd like to know how Diana's gala dresses compare to the gala dresses worn by the current crown princesses. It is a fashion question, not a judgmental question, I'd be interested in a kind of analysis of the changes. Thanks !

For me personaly Diana's style in the late 90s was her best. And if she was still here today Princess Diana would've still have been fashion trendsetter.
I also liked her shalwar kameez outfits especially the ones she wore to Pakistan.

That was a beautiful one. The elvis dress should've went to a museum.

What a great poll it shows how much Princess Diana developed her style from 1981-1997.

Thanks for the link. Hard choices since she looked great and memorable in quite a lot of the pics.

Hard to choose, Diana looked great in any style. Many thanks for the link !

Light-Blue Satin Gown

Hello All!

Not sure if you remember me or not, but about a year ago I posted asking for pictures of Princess Diana's blue satin gown that she wore on her trip to Japan in May of 1986. (I had a seamstress that was going to make me a replica copy and she wanted as many pictures as possible of it.)

Here is a link to the post...
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/princess-dianas-eveningwear-5542-3.html
#post430581

I really appreciated the responses I got, unfortunately I had to delay the project for some personal reasons. I am ready to go again now though so I thought I would ask again if any of you have any more pictures.

I've since discovered that Princess Diana actually wore this gown on another occasion, for a state visit from Spain's Royal Family in April of 1986. Feel free to send any pictures you have of that event or from her trip to Japan.

Thank you for your time and help!

I'm surprised so many people voted for the wedding dress, since it's been so criticized. I chose one of her later dresses, the one black one, low-cut, that she wore to a fundraiser with Henry Kissinger. But it's hard to pick. I almost went for the Travolta dress, too.

Thanks a lot gfg02 for posting the link to the poll.
I think 'People' should have stuck to evening gowns in their selection as it seems quite unfair to compare glamorous evening gowns with daytime suits.
Like iowabelle, I voted for the black Jacques Azagury dress because it's just timeless - if she were alive, Princess Diana could still wear it and turn heads.
I believe the reason why the much-criticized wedding dress gets so many votes lies in the fact that visually, it plays such a strong part in the image of 'icon' Diana... If you like it or not (and I still like it, overblown as it is, ruffles and all), it remains the most famous & best remembered wedding dress in history.

Hello All!

Not sure if you remember me or not, but about a year ago I posted asking for pictures of Princess Diana's blue satin gown that she wore on her trip to Japan in May of 1986. (I had a seamstress that was going to make me a replica copy and she wanted as many pictures as possible of it.)

Here is a link to the post...
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/princess-dianas-eveningwear-5542-3.html
#post430581

I really appreciated the responses I got, unfortunately I had to delay the project for some personal reasons. I am ready to go again now though so I thought I would ask again if any of you have any more pictures.

I've since discovered that Princess Diana actually wore this gown on another occasion, for a state visit from Spain's Royal Family in April of 1986. Feel free to send any pictures you have of that event or from her trip to Japan.

Thank you for your time and help!

My favorite is the white, pearled dress in post 50 above. If that isn't there perfect dress for a Princess, I don't know what is. :flowers: She looks so regal in it. Every woman wants to wear a dress and look like that just once in their life.

I loved this gown, not just anyone could pull that off---
http://dianasauctiondresses.photosite.com/princessdianasauctiondresses/Lot_no_19.html

And, she looked amazing in this gown:
http://dianasauctiondresses.photosite.com/princessdianasauctiondresses/Lot_no_30.html

One of my very favorites:
http://dianasauctiondresses.photosite.com/princessdianasauctiondresses/Lot_no_46.html

And, one of the most beautiful portraits of her:
Engagement Portrait 1981 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

and I better stop, because there are HUNDREDS of photos I could link you to. The thing about Diana--she looked good in almost everything .There were those gowns where I would wonder--what is she wearing? But, I think we can chalk that up to the era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom