Late Princess Diana's Eveningwear

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks dear maryamj,for your kind words and gratitude.It means a lot to me.:flowers:
Monic,these photos are amazing with a perfect resolution,thanks:flowers:
I love the black dress ,a dress new for me,which is rare, because I have a great collection of princess Diana´s photos.She is so elegant and classic.The white dress is stunning and Diana is radiant and the pink one,is so original and glamorous,one of my favourites,with one shoulder so typical in Diana,and so chic

You got me, ZUBIAUR! I've never seen this dress - it's a complete miracle....Wow, just amazing, I can hardly add something more...:ohmy:

I can only share my views with Monic!:)
The dress is really amazing!:previous:

Again thanks Zubiaur I never see this dress, do you know when she wore it?

You got me, ZUBIAUR! I've never seen this dress - it's a complete miracle....Wow, just amazing, I can hardly add something more...:ohmy:

I'd say 1988-ish, judging by her hairstyle. I love the colour of this dress and think although it looks good on Diana, I feel that a fuller skirt would have looked more princess-like.

The pink dress was worn on the last night of the 1985 visit to the USA, in Florida.
It was draped in the back around a very low back décolleté.
One of Princess Diana's few misses, I'd say.
Catherine Walker in her book describes this as one of her failures as well. She says that she did not have enough experience with panné velvet and how to get the gathering of this fabric right. She states how she was a bit shocked when she saw the result photographed: "All I could see was agitation."
The dress was only worn once, and I can understand it.

:previous::previous:Perhaps the dress has some downsides but I like its bright color anyway... I'd love to see Diana in a different version of it if Catherine Walker made another design using the same material and hue.

A dress in which Diana looks like an ancient godess (my personal opinion...)
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2351/6cgu4d4.jpg
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/9679/52uughs.jpg
This dress is one of her best dresses.It is very sophisticated,and the mixture of both colours is so original.She looks elegant and sophisticated.:flowers:I love flowers in her hair,I think it is a very feminine detail that I miss nowadays.
I agree with monic,she looks a goddess:rose2:

I always like the third dress.

All the pics very excellent. All the her clothes are very aristocratic. Her Bag and shoes in the third photo is very stylish. I more like first three photos.thans again zubiaur :ROFLMAO:

I agree with you ZUBIAUR. This dress is very nice and it has a beautiful color

When I look at these images, I am reminded how timeless Diana's beauty was. Her style was classic. These photos could have been taken yesterday, not "dated" or "trendy" at all. To me, this is what defines true beauty. She will stand the test of time, for sure.

She was so elegant. She was a very tall woman and being tall helped her to be more classy. That blue dress suited her perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom