Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 9: July 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Paule Ka dress, but I don't think the coat she is wearing, which I also love, complements it very well. Love her purse, and I agree that she looks tired, maybe even ill. Her hair is usually impeccable and is so flyaway (perhaps it was windy in Milan).

Today's ensemble is professional, hair is much neater. Her eyes look glassy, so I am wondering if she has a cold or is otherwise not feeling well.

The odd black tights and boots paired with the pretty lightweight dress look terrible. Today’s dress with a too small blazer buttoned over it looks bunched and lumpy and worse.

:previous: I don't think the jacket is too small, it's just that it needs to be unbuttoned when seated as do men's suit jackets.

I don't see her black pantyhose and boots any different then what Kate did. I don't like it on either of them.:sad:

The dress though and the sweater are pretty. I quite like the look. :flowers:

I don't even mind black pantyhose with, I do the same. Just not the boots. But her hair is not her usual sleek lovely look.

Her second look the color of the jacket is fantastic. :flowers:

The coat just looks bunched because its a fitted blazer and she is sitting. Same happens with mine. I would have to see a standing pic, to get a better idea on the whole look.

:previous: I don't think the jacket is too small, it's just that it needs to be unbuttoned when seated as do men's suit jackets.

Then maybe she should have un buttoneded it or worn something else if she she knew she would be sitting down for a concert. She can do better

Moonmaiden she's backsliding!!!!

LaRae

One bad look is not backsliding. Even the fashion queen princesses have bad days.

Not that I would call black tights and boots a huge backslide. On certain other princesses no one blinks. Not my favorite look but not some huge miss.

It's more than one look. Several here lately. Moonmaiden will understand what I mean!

LaRae

Yes. You've read my mind dear friend. Let's hope it's just a temporary lapse. She was doing so well.:ermm:

I know..maybe her stylist (or whomever is reading the group :D) is on vacation???

LaRae

I think this latest look with the blazer and black coat looked fine. Nice colours, appropriate style, everything fit well. She looked pretty and fit in at the event she was attending.

In Milan for a financial mission. Repeated Paule Ka dress at the Caravaggio exhibition on November 19. A haphazard ensemble. Stephanie looks super tired. Styling was much better in 2015.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPBSP4jXcAAz6EO.jpg

Seminar "Luxembourg, Connecting You With Financial Expertise" on November 20. Only found seated photos. Seems ok.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPEJZaWX4AAy1Yo.jpg
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/photos/actualites/2017/11/19112017-missionfinanciere/M_IV1576.JPG

Must be a bad photo. It's not possible, IMO, to feel tired at a Caravaggio exhibition. :flowers:

I really like the top.

LaRae

The top is really pretty. Love the shade. And I love the earrings. :flowers:

But I wish if she couldn't figure out how to have properly tailored pants, she would stick to dresses. Her amazing progress in clothes doesn't extend to pants.

The return of the baggy trousers... having said that, Stephanie's top is very elegant and makes up for it. I'll give her a pass this time.

The trousers seem fine to me. :flowers: Several royal ladies are wearing those style trousers these days.

Stephanie looks great btw. Love the coat! :flowers:

I doubt she'll give up wide-legged / flared pants anytime soon . . .
Wide-legged pants seem quite popular but either way I would be content to see her wear the correct length. If they did not break into a puddle around the ankles they would look fine, elegant even.

:previous: Agreed. Its not the wide legged (well some of hers go beyond wide) but the length that bothers me. When you cant even see the toe of the shoe, I honestly wonder how she walks without tripping.

I really like the coat she is wearing outside.:flowers:

Lovely ice blue top with a great bow belt and ice blue coat. Her color for sure. Real earrings would have been nice instead of costume jewelry. The horrible black baggy trousers have to go

She looks lovely in the ice blue top and coat. I still think a nice trim tailored trousers would look better on her then this wide pants. Regardless of what other ladies wear, not everyone can wear the same thing and look good in them. Over the years I have never seen her look good in that type of pants ever. She is a beautiful lady and has been improving over time with her wardrobe.

:previous: I find it a curious bias in her direction. :ermm: I see nothing amiss with the pants, yet it is a constant litany against her style sense. Go figure. IMO it's like Victoria's pulled back hair which some posters routinely complain about. It just is someone's style and no amount of moaning will change it. In fact, there may be reasons why someone chooses a particular style, like Stephanie choosing wide pants rather than pencil thin pants. I'd say that's her business and in such an instance one should just let it be. JMO.

Last edited:
She looks so much better in wide/loose legged pants, I hope she continues with this style of pants. Her overall appearance was spot on. Lovely fit of coat and a nice style with the pants. Her hair was nicely done.

:previous: I find it a curious bias in her direction. :ermm: I see nothing amiss with the pants, yet it is a constant litany against her style sense. Go figure. IMO it's like Victoria's pulled back hair which some posters routinely complain about. It just is someone's style and no amount of moaning will change it. In fact, there may be reasons why someone chooses a particular style, like Stephanie choosing wide pants rather than pencil thin pants. I'd say that's her business and in such an instance one should just let it be. JMO.

That is what a fashion thread is about, Lady Nimue. People can discuss her clothing and express what they like or do not like.
It won't change anything about how she dresses, but zipping it is not what these threads are about and she has a certain image to keep into account that's part of her position.

And in Stéphanie's case she still doesn't seem to have found a solid fashion sense ([random number]1 knock-out is usually followed by [random number] 2 letdowns) after five years of marrying. Assuming that she has the means to advice etcetera within her reach, I totally don't understand that.

Or perhaps I don't understand her at all, that's also a possibility.
Anyway, in general she can do so much better - as she has shown in the past. She just seems incapable of keeping it up.

Ok now that is just lovely on her!

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom