The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Nobility

I love her jacket but not her pants. The ponytail holder in the same color as her jacket looks too young IMO. Love her earrings.

Old 10-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Majesty

The jacket is great. Beautiful color. Love the look of the top under it.

The jacket is meant to be that length, its the style.

Again hate the trousers, need hemming. She needs to stick to dresses if her new found fashion style continues to translate into trousers. She looks great from the waste up.

Lovely earrings

Old 10-10-2017, 12:41 PM
Royal Highness

October 10, Day 1 of UAE economic mission:
https://luxgov.s3.amazonaws.com/prod...bab14e3f60.jpg
https://luxgov.s3.amazonaws.com/prod...2d3161b7b6.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLysEEhW0AEXaWl.jpg
Old 10-10-2017, 06:08 PM
Majesty

I love Stephanie's twist on daywear in this case. Custom dictates modesty and her ensemble certainly covers all that needs covering. The white top and jacket are very business-like but the skirt is the stuff of dreams!

Such fabulous colour and volume and movement and just plain girly swish! No fading into the carpets or wallpaper for her because that purple is gorgeous and Stephanie is present.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:30 PM
Nobility

Just perfect!
Old 10-10-2017, 07:09 PM
Courtier

It's a miss for me. I understand the conservative nature of where the visit is, but that skirt and jacket combo just do not mix well for me. It's a mismatch of styles.

The colour is fabulous on Stephanie
Old 10-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Majesty

ITA.

Photographed at some angles it looks lovely, but closeup it's kind of a "miss". The blazer is also fitted poorly. But oh...I do love the color of the skirt!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-10-2017, 08:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
ITA.

Photographed at some angles it looks lovely, but closeup it's kind of a "miss". The jblazer is also fitted poorly. But oh...I do love the color of the skirt!
It's not her first poorly fitted blazer, unfortunately. And it won't be her last, either. Sad, because she has the means and apparently does not use them.

Overall I think she has more misses than hits in the fashion depatment, and considering she's been married for almost five years now she could have learnt something.

This is not cattily meant, but rather an observation.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:08 PM
Heir Apparent

The jacket is too tight, buttons straining.
And it doesn't work with that skirt.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with your assessment. There is no excuse for yet another poorly fitted jacket. Her last appearance was another one in black. Add to that the messy hair held by a plastic hair clip and you have a woman who just is careless in her appearance. Five years is a long time and very little improvement.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:04 PM
Majesty

I think people have blinders about royals. Some people think Kate looks like a runway model even if she was wearing a paper bag. And Stephanie could be dressed to the nines in a couture gown and she would still look like a bag lady.

You need to give her credit where it is due. Yes, she was slow learning. And yes she has misses. Every royal, even the best dressed like Mary or Kate, have misses. But she has shown huge improvements this year. She has infact made the best dressed for many weeks this year in fashion polls. While her trousers remain sloppy, she certainly has made real progress in the past 6+ months.

I personally think she looks like a great mix of professional and conservative. The skirt is a fantastic pop of color. The coat gives structure to over flowly skirt.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
It's not her first poorly fitted blazer, unfortunately. And it won't be her last, either. Sad, because she has the means and apparently does not use them.

Overall I think she has more misses than hits in the fashion depatment, and considering she's been married for almost five years now she could have learnt something.

This is not cattily meant, but rather an observation.
Perhaps a year ago I would have agreed with you, but since at least last Spring I could not disagree more.

I think she mostly looks lovely and appropriate these days and when she chooses to stun like she did when Kate visited Luxembourg or on the red carpet in Cannes in May, she goes hell for leather.

She seems to have indeed learned much more than "something" in the last 5 years!...as Countessmeout stated she has made more than a few of the Best Dressed polls and has even topped at least three in 2017.

I think Stephanie's come a long way and just gets better. She's not a disaster on this trip....it's probably not easy to look smashing in the type of outfit a Western female is expected to wear in the Arab world.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-11-2017, 01:03 PM
Royal Highness

Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 9: July 2017 -

October 11, Day 2 of UAE economic mission

https://luxgov.s3.amazonaws.com/prod...3c48de747e.jpg
https://luxgov.s3.amazonaws.com/prod...ba3a727335.jpg
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho..._800_thumb.jpg
Old 10-11-2017, 01:45 PM
Nobility

I really like that dress.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the color of this dress on her....but it looks like a house dress/house coat.

LaRae
Old 10-11-2017, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I look at that and think: one of her hostesses (wife of one of the men) allowed her to go through their closets to pick something out. If so, what fun! If not so, not sure what she was thinking. JMO.

[EDIT: I think the 'dress' is suppose to have pants/slacks, maybe silky, with it. The 'dress' looks more like a long tunic (for a taller or larger woman) than a stand alone dress, though that is the way she is wearing it. Just a thought.]
Old 10-11-2017, 02:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenPenny View Post
I really like that dress.
I kind of like it too...it's interesting.

I've said it before but I love the way Stephanie is not afraid to experiment with bold, vivid color.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:14 PM
Courtier

I really like this, the colour is fabulous on her. I also like that she changes her shoes to flats, I shiver when royal ladies clamber about rough terrain in their stilettos, even when pregnant.
I have a feeling the dress is either by a local designer or inspired by the region. Keeping in mind that we have no idea what kind of dresses the hostesses wear under their abaya.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Majesty

Nice dress beautiful color!!
Old 10-11-2017, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent

What happened to the whole conservative thing If she is showing her chest?
The top doesn't fit on this either.

Tags
hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style