The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-15-2017, 07:26 PM
Nobility

Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 9: July 2017 -

The style really suits her. A larger necklace would have added a little something, but over-all, very nice.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:31 PM
Courtier

Beautiful dress, but I agree that the color washes her out a bit, and a larger necklace would be nice. I like the wider straps a lot.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:46 PM
Commoner

She looks lovely and the dress is beautiful. I prefer without bigger jewels, just keeping it simple.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
If memory serves, Stephanie wore that same apple green evening gown to the wedding night dinner/gala of Archduke Christoph (Guillaume's cousin) and his bride Adelaide in December 2011.

However she is wearing and accessorizing it much better this time around.
They were married in 2012, but yes, it is the same gown (to my eyes). I agree that it all looks much better this time around.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:45 PM
Majesty

As she has become comfortable being central in the public eye, she is starting to push her limits. I thought the ensemble and jewellery she wore for the gala before her wedding was quite spectacular but that was semi-private and she was mixing with people she knew and also those of an age group she was used to interacting with.

Now instead of being 'sedate', she seems almost serene and comfortable in her own skin. Her wardrobe reflects her social growth and personal style. In the green gown, she looks really lovely and I would go so far as to say she looks good in green. As per usual her hair makeup and jewellery are right on target but, the most striking thing is . . . she seems to have lost her security blankets aka wraps, pashminas. etc.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:08 AM
Majesty

Beautiful gown. Fits her perfectly, and the color is lovely

Her hair as always looks fantastic. The jewelry is minimal but perfect for her.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the green color and the bodice’s wrap effect although I wish the straps weren't so wide. On my monitor, the green doesn't wash her out.

Although a wrap covered much of the dress in 2012, the green looks brighter.
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho...cyLUXPRESS.jpg

Stephanie hasn't lost her wraps, pashminas, etc. Perhaps now she only carries them when she needs too (i.e. - short skirt or needing another layer for warmth). I don't mind scarves/wraps as they're useful. Sometimes Stephanie could carry them better though.

This wrap on Sep 26 came loose and looks sloppy. Of course, it could have just been bad photo timing or something.
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho..._800_thumb.jpg

She had a wrap for the gala dinner in Spain.
https://us.hola.com/imagenes/realeza...mburgo-1-a.jpg

Maria Teresa also carries wraps/scarves although hers seems smaller.
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho..._800_thumb.JPG
Old 11-16-2017, 02:28 AM
Majesty

Because for the most part MT's are actual scarves. Stephanie's are usually wraps, so they are larger as they are worn instead of a coat.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its a nice gown and colour on Stephanie but it needed a better necklace or a brooch.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:05 PM
Heir Apparent

The gown is very nice and fits well but the hair isn’t good. She looks better with side parted hair
Old 11-20-2017, 12:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

In Milan for a financial mission. Repeated Paule Ka dress at the Caravaggio exhibition on November 19. A haphazard ensemble. Stephanie looks super tired. Styling was much better in 2015.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPBSP4jXcAAz6EO.jpg

Seminar "Luxembourg, Connecting You With Financial Expertise" on November 20. Only found seated photos. Seems ok.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPEJZaWX4AAy1Yo.jpg
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho...e/M_IV1576.JPG
Old 11-20-2017, 12:49 PM
Courtier

I love the Paule Ka dress, but I don't think the coat she is wearing, which I also love, complements it very well. Love her purse, and I agree that she looks tired, maybe even ill. Her hair is usually impeccable and is so flyaway (perhaps it was windy in Milan).

Today's ensemble is professional, hair is much neater. Her eyes look glassy, so I am wondering if she has a cold or is otherwise not feeling well.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

The odd black tights and boots paired with the pretty lightweight dress look terrible. Today’s dress with a too small blazer buttoned over it looks bunched and lumpy and worse.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:04 PM
Majesty

I don't think the jacket is too small, it's just that it needs to be unbuttoned when seated as do men's suit jackets.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:42 AM
Majesty

I don't see her black pantyhose and boots any different then what Kate did. I don't like it on either of them.

The dress though and the sweater are pretty. I quite like the look.

I don't even mind black pantyhose with, I do the same. Just not the boots. But her hair is not her usual sleek lovely look.

Her second look the color of the jacket is fantastic.

The coat just looks bunched because its a fitted blazer and she is sitting. Same happens with mine. I would have to see a standing pic, to get a better idea on the whole look.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

The coat just looks bunched because its a fitted blazer and she is sitting. Same happens with mine. I would have to see a standing pic, to get a better idea on the whole look.
Here is one, jacket fits fine when standing up:
http://www.gouvernement.lu/7569705/image001.jpg

Black coat outside:
http://www.gouvernement.lu/7569683/image001-_1_.jpg
Old 11-22-2017, 12:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I don't think the jacket is too small, it's just that it needs to be unbuttoned when seated as do men's suit jackets.
Then maybe she should have un buttoneded it or worn something else if she she knew she would be sitting down for a concert. She can do better
Old 11-22-2017, 12:12 AM
Majesty

Moonmaiden she's backsliding!!!!

LaRae
Old 11-22-2017, 12:16 AM
Majesty

One bad look is not backsliding. Even the fashion queen princesses have bad days.

Not that I would call black tights and boots a huge backslide. On certain other princesses no one blinks. Not my favorite look but not some huge miss.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:28 AM
Majesty

It's more than one look. Several here lately. Moonmaiden will understand what I mean!

LaRae

Tags
hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style