Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 7:June 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 7:June 2016 - February 2017

Welcome to Part 7 of the thread for Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 6: May 2015 - June 2016 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Not excited but all together not a bad look. The top fits her well it seems and some minor detailing to add interest. Her pants for once aren't so long she looks like she is walking on them, you can see her shoes. Her hair looks nice and earrings from what I see.

Oh no, those black wide pants make her look huge! The overall idea isn't bad, but the top doesn't fit too well either. Nice hairdo and earrings.

Oh no, those black wide pants make her look huge! The overall idea isn't bad, but the top doesn't fit too well either. Nice hairdo and earrings.

I see what you mean, but it's still one of her best looks.

It just doesn't seem like she has a lot of clothes. She repeats those pants for an official visit??

Lovely hair and the top is festive. Reminds me of the dress Princess Claire to GD Jean's birthday in January.

I doubt Stephanie has a small wardrobe. She probably has a bunch of black pants (and most of them wide-legged). I have multiple pairs of boot cut jeans instead of different jeans styles.

The top is lovely but she must throw out those black pants and get some that fit her

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Her hair looked great and so did the natural make up which gave her a nice fresh look but the outfit, I mean why pants and why all black? She could've worn a nice summery cocktail dress or even a nice flow skirt with a lace top.

I like the top, hair and earrings. The pants, not so much.

Stephanie's top is beautiful and I like her hair a lot too, but the trousers are a let down. This outfit could look young if she had worn different trousers or a skirt.

Can't do any harm with black pants and top I like the earrings

Well, I think she looks like she owns this look - which is 50% of the battle in many cases. Good for her to wear it proud. If this is where her stle is heading, I think it a good thing!

That out fit would have looked good on a 60 year old not on Stephanie. The pants need to be burned.

Last edited:
Another shapeless shift type dress....

LaRae

I like the color and even the detail :flowers: Just wish it would have shape.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not a pretty dress or a pretty style but the color is nice on her, the hairstyle is also nice and so is her makeup.

The overall look is fine. The dress per se is somewhat shapeless.

Nice dress but on Stephanie not flattering at all!!

It's not black pants so I think it's great. Nice colour and her hair is lovely

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I really liked this on her - it's a step up and is about as shaped as she gets! The hair is gorgeous and the makeup is well done.

Don't shoot me for saying this, but I don't think Stephanie has much shape to work with. I really don't want to start comparisons with other royal ladies, but she has neither a curvy nor an athletic body type. Add to that, she seems to prefer ease in her garments (as many ladies do) and likes a lot of coverage.
So, I think she leans toward the classic and very non showy stuff. I think her taste is indeed, older than her years. It's just who she is.
For her standards, I think this did have shape, color and flattered a bit. :flowers:

Hereditary Grand Duchess wore a new hat at Princess Alix's wedding. The ensemble has a potential to look good on her. Hopefully we shall see more close photos of it. I like bright cobalt colour.

Full view behind Princess Alexandra

Closer view

I like Stephanie's outfit, especially the whimsical hat. It would be perfect for any Sweden visit too. ;)

Can not decide if I like or not :ermm: but because I have seen worse in Stephanie finally I decided I like it :flowers:

The dress is a little plain and boring but the color is great. And for once she doesn't look like she is wearing a potato sack so definite bonus there.:flowers: I love her accessories, even the hat on her. I think they give just the right punch to take a boring outfit and give it some life. Her hair and makeup also looks wonderful. :)

Given the new photos, the ensemble was well-chosen. I liked the colour combination. The dress appears to be a crocheted one. In all, it is a better than usual look.

Last edited:
I don't hate the outfit but I don't love it either. The hat would have been better with that knockout backless sunflower yellow dress she wore to National Day 2015.

I thought she looked elegant and pretty at MUDAM with GD Jean yesterday. Makeup was nice and her hair elegant and lovely, as it most often is.

ETA: Stephanie is a de Ligne through her paternal grandmother Princess Beatrice de Ligne...I wonder how she is related to the bride, Alix? Are gold and royal blue the colors of the House of Ligne? Maybe that explains Stephanie's choice today.

Last edited:
The dress is okay, but I love the hat and bright yellow is her colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom