Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
A red dress for Stéphanie's rose baptism on July 5th. Great color and hopefully better photos turn up. Hair looks lovely. The HGD couple has two other events today.

http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho...705_161906.jpg

http://images.newmedia.lu/rtl2008.lu...5503a2c02.jpeg
She looks great! That is such a lobby color on her and strong enough to not wash her out. I like her hair do and her make up. I hope to see a full view of the look.

Old 07-05-2016, 04:07 PM
Courtier

Better photos at the inauguration of the new BCEE building later on July 5th:

https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/fcaf...8a1d630753c17b

https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/3e1e...c3fd78a96a207e

http://www.lessentiel.lu/diashow/280...PhNqOOnn2Q.jpg

Old 07-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think Stephanie's red dress is gorgeous, and I find red to be a rather appropriate colour for a baptism of a rose. I like how her shoes are a darker red too, and her hair is nice.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Majesty

Her hair is perfection in those photos, and that color is great on Stephanie.

She is definitely a bit of a frump, but I find her more interesting by far than her sleeker and more fashionable counterparts and I also simply like her more than the others, with Princess Charlene coming in second.

Go figure.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:51 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks beautiful. I prefer it without the coat, coat looks a bit boxy when walking, but still great look for her. The color is fantastic and her hair looks stunning.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:27 PM
Heir Apparent

her hair looks great and the color is fantastic but the clothes are again just terrible. The belt is heavy and awful, the jacket is extremely unattractive and this is summer after all, what a heavy jacket, another style covering the arms would have worked. what a shame. I keep waiting for it to get better,for her to spend her money wisely, but she is throwing her money on clothes away
Old 07-05-2016, 11:41 PM
Majesty

I think waiting for her to change is pointless.

With the exception of the heady days after the wedding when my hopes were raised by seeing her stratospheric bridal appearance, I have come to accept that there are well dressed, stylish European princesses and then there is Stephanie de Lannoy, and that's the way it is. There are others I can enjoy on that level.

I do think Stephanie has looked stunning on occasion in the 3+ years since her wedding, but unless she hits her stride in later years she will continue to be hit/miss with her clothes.

Fortunately for Stephanie, her husband and the Luxembourgers seem perfectly content with her as she is.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Her hair is perfection in those photos, and that color is great on Stephanie.

She is definitely a bit of a frump, but I find her more interesting by far than her sleeker and more fashionable counterparts and I also simply like her more than the others, with Princess Charlene coming in second.

Go figure.
I find her more interesting because she is unpredictable although I hope she finds some consistency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
her hair looks great and the color is fantastic but the clothes are again just terrible. The belt is heavy and awful, the jacket is extremely unattractive and this is summer after all, what a heavy jacket, another style covering the arms would have worked. what a shame. I keep waiting for it to get better,for her to spend her money wisely, but she is throwing her money on clothes away
I don't find the jacket that heavy and the temperature in Luxembourg has been between 60s to mid-70s F. The building is probably air conditioned too.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:14 AM
Serene Highness

The red outfit is o.k the jacket doesn't look heavy to me. I think also we need to remember that just because it is summer it is not hot everywhere.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I think waiting for her to change is pointless.

With the exception of the heady days after the wedding when my hopes were raised by seeing her stratospheric bridal appearance, I have come to accept that there are well dressed, stylish European princesses and then there is Stephanie de Lannoy, and that's the way it is. There are others I can enjoy on that level.

I do think Stephanie has looked stunning on occasion in the 3+ years since her wedding, but unless she hits her stride in later years she will continue to be hit/miss with her clothes.

Fortunately for Stephanie, her husband and the Luxembourgers seem perfectly content with her as she is.
Even though I occasionally criticize Stephanie's wardrobe, I give her so much credit for not caring what others expect and wearing what makes her feel confident. She appears to be doing just fine, since after the three-plus years, there have been no drastic changes in her attire choices. More than likely, if it was unacceptable, someone would have said something to her. The days of being fearful of losing one's head over expressing an honest opinion to a royal are long gone. As for her red dress, I think it's a good choice for the engagement. The jacket and belt are not to my liking, but that's OK. Her hair looks very nice too.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:41 PM
Courtier

She looks smart and the colour is lovely on her, she has beautiful glossy hair. She's never going to be a fashion plate but that's ok. My pet hate is those wide legged trousers she prefers but clearly they work for her...
Old 07-06-2016, 02:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Even though I occasionally criticize Stephanie's wardrobe, I give her so much credit for not caring what others expect and wearing what makes her feel confident. She appears to be doing just fine, since after the three-plus years, there have been no drastic changes in her attire choices. More than likely, if it was unacceptable, someone would have said something to her. The days of being fearful of losing one's head over expressing an honest opinion to a royal are long gone. As for her red dress, I think it's a good choice for the engagement. The jacket and belt are not to my liking, but that's OK. Her hair looks very nice too.

great point - and i agree. i admire that she stays true to herself wearing what she thinks is good for her, and not falling for futile fashions. after all, she always looks formal and professional, despite whether we like what she is wearing or not.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-06-2016, 11:09 PM
Majesty

There's a lot to be said for Stephanie being comfortable in her own skin. Would I love her to wear drop dead fashion - yes, but somehow I don't think that is who Stephanie is.

I love her red ensemble but agree the coat is a little boxy. Her hair however, is an absolute dream. I love that updo's abound with her wardrobe and she isn't shy about wearing lovely earrings.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I find it interesting that many posters think that because Stephanie often dresses in a frumpy, ill fitting way,this somehow indicates she is true to herself and comfortable in her own skin?? I would argue the total opposite is the case, of course none of us know how she really feels. But she seems to take stabs at all different types of clothes, inconsistent, which to me is someone who is not comfortable or confident, just searching. She strikes me as rarely seeming comfortable in her clothes and trying all sorts of things. That is why it always seems worse to me when she is with her sisters in law. They seem confident in what they are wearing
Old 07-08-2016, 01:40 AM
Courtier

HGD Stéphanie at the 50th anniversary of the Port of Mertert on July 6th:

http://www.journal.lu/fileadmin/_pro...ef152f7b9b.jpg

Wearing a Natan top.
https://www.instagram.com/p/-ClobXMx...y=natancouture
http://natan.be/files/library/Collec...llection-cover
Old 07-08-2016, 01:54 AM
Heir Apparent

The top is cute...the pants should be burned.

LaRae
Old 07-08-2016, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

The colors,are pretty but you really couldn't have designed an outfit, horizontal stripes, pleated waist, wide trousers, better to make someone appear bigger than they are.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Majesty

I like the top but the trousers are awful.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I find it interesting that many posters think that because Stephanie often dresses in a frumpy, ill fitting way,this somehow indicates she is true to herself and comfortable in her own skin??
to me, it does. it signals to me that clothes to her are not as important as the work she does, so that to me reflects confidence in her abilities and her position. she could hire a stylist any minute - yet chooses to dedicate her time, efforts and attention to things that are more important.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-08-2016, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

The red dress divine colour but the cut is too horrible on her .. the dress looks too big and too short IMO pity !!!

Tags
hereditary grand duchess stéphanie, hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style, princess stephanie, princess stéphanie's daytime outfits, princess stéphanie's evening gowns, princess stéphanie's fashion & style