The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-01-2016, 12:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
She has been knocking out of park lately, but that green tunic looks like an elf costume.

Old 07-01-2016, 06:24 AM
Serene Highness

The lace dress was alright, the green would have been better if she had tied the belt better.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Stephanie does not dress for the camera. That's all. IMO.
Old 07-02-2016, 01:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Its not about dressing for the camera. No one is asking her to be fashionista clothes horse. But one does need to be presentable and appropriate for their job, whether they are a secretary or a princess. And too often she fails in this.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Its not about dressing for the camera. No one is asking her to be fashionista clothes horse. But one does need to be presentable and appropriate for their job, whether they are a secretary or a princess. And too often she fails in this.
In person she is likely just fine. The camera is unforgiving. It takes considerable energy (include resources in that) and a certain level of a kind of self-absorption to be focussed in the way you want of her.

I say bravo for her authenticity.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Honestly, if I wore some clothes like Stephanie in the office (ill-fitting, underwear showing etc) somebody would pull me aside and tell me.
On occasions I did not find her presentable at all.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
In person she is likely just fine. The camera is unforgiving. It takes considerable energy (include resources in that) and a certain level of a kind of self-absorption to be focussed in the way you want of her.

I say bravo for her authenticity.
Authenticity??? Pants so long she steps on them, coat sleeves that are so short she looks like she shrunk it in the dryer. Obvious wrinkles in clothes. No it doesn't take considerable money or time to solve these issues. There are women who work for minimum wage, who manage to not show their underwear and tread on their hems. Resources? Its not like her clothes are from target. She wears expensive name designers. I doubt she couldn't afford a seamstress to hem a pant line.

Again no one is asking her to spend a fortune to be a fashionista, though her wardrobe is expensive. Simply to spend a little time on fit.

Honestly in my days as a barely paid receptionist when I was in college, if I went into work tripping over my hems, or showing my undies, my boss would suggest I go home and change. That goes for an iron as well. And heck that goes even for my scrubs. They have to fit right and be wrinkle free. Even in a hospital, a level of professionalism has to be shown, and when you look a mess, people wonder if you are too.

But I guess I am self-absorbed. I can assure you, nurses working their asses off 60 hours or more for little to no thanks in hospitals, are not self-absorbed. They simply understand simple workplace rules. Of course by hour 9 of a 12 hour shift when sitting down for the first time all shift, we may not look so straightened any more.
Old 07-02-2016, 04:57 AM
Courtier

Where has she stepped on her pants? I have not seen that. There are many pant lengths and my ex-coworker wore the same length (to the floor or skimming her shoes) as Stephanie and she was fine.

Stephanie and Guillaume have gained weight (which is fine; it happens) since the wedding and some clothes no longer fit but they're still wearing them. Probably also buying new clothes in the same size instead of sizing up. Luckily for Guillaume, his suits have some leeway and there's not much to say about suits.

Short of a wardrobe malfunction, I doubt someone in the family or court will say anything. Stephanie's been hit/miss for 3+ years and they appear to be fine with her clothing choices. (-__-)
Old 07-02-2016, 09:51 PM
Serene Highness

No one wants her to be a fashionista, but she could at least have her clothes tailored. She is not some poor little princess they have money and she is not wearing cheap clothing. There is no way the camera makes her appear as badly dressed as she does on occasion . Take the blue dress she wore recently simply tying the belt neatly would have helped the look.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:51 PM
Nobility

Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie attended an opening of an art exhibition on July 1:
https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/fc6f...2515316dd28a74
https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/112b...bb48649cb52d0f
https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/7c97...abcc749efbd8c3
https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/73f8...37152080d36840

Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie attended the reception to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Musée d’art moderne Grand-Duc Jean on July 2:
https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/407d...185e22250a2141
https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/8812...0260fad47ad9d2
Old 07-03-2016, 11:55 PM
Heir Apparent

The navy dress is very nice but since she has put on so much weight, the sleeves do not work for her. Same with the white tunic and wide pants, not an attractive look, and it seems to be too tight.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I find myself quite liking the navy dress. Simple but nice for the event

Total miss on the second look. White tunic is making her look like she is, um baking a bun, leave it at that. And the skin tone pants took me back a moment.

Quote:
Where has she stepped on her pants? I have not seen that. There are many pant lengths and my ex-coworker wore the same length (to the floor or skimming her shoes) as Stephanie and she was fine.
There have been numerous occasions where she has worn black trousers (look back) where they are so long you cant even see her shoes. And I mean even the toe of the shoes which should at least peak out.

If they are going to spend money on new clothes they should spend it on clothes that fit or tailor them plain and simple. Its not like we're talking pre-wedding clothes here.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:21 AM
Courtier

I really like the navy dress and I've accepted Stephanie likes wide-leg pants just like I've accepted the Duchess of Cambridge likes skinny-leg pants.

The repeated white coat is nice but I prefer it with black pants as how she wore the combination in Morocco and an event earlier this year. 3/4 sleeves are better for her too. The partially crimped updo was okay. Maybe Stephanie and her hairdresser were trying something new?

The shoes' toes don't have to poke out. There are pants that are advertised/modeled like that, especially 5-6 years ago. Half the time, my ex-coworker's shoes were completely hidden and that was just the style. Even this Elie Saab doesn't show the shoes.
http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/p.../collection#26

I do think Stephanie's still wearing some pre-wedding clothes. I doubt she tossed out all her old wardrobe (and she could afford to tailor those as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I find myself quite liking the navy dress. Simple but nice for the event

There have been numerous occasions where she has worn black trousers (look back) where they are so long you cant even see her shoes. And I mean even the toe of the shoes which should at least peak out.

If they are going to spend money on new clothes they should spend it on clothes that fit or tailor them plain and simple. Its not like we're talking pre-wedding clothes here.
Old 07-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Majesty

I like the navy dress. It's simple and the color looks great on Stephanie.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Navy is a great color for her....not such a fan of the second look.

LaRae
Old 07-05-2016, 06:35 AM
Serene Highness

I like the blue dress not so much the pants outfit.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Navy is a great color for her....not such a fan of the second look.

LaRae
The second look is a regular disaster. There's not much else I can say about it.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
The second look is a regular disaster. There's not much else I can say about it.

Her wardrobe is very inconsistent.

LaRae
Old 07-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

The navy dress is nice, the sleeves don't really work for me, but still good. The wide legged pants, well, all I can say is, it's not the worst look I've seen from her. And Pranter hit the name on the head, inconsistent is a good word to use in regards to her wardrobe.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:04 PM
Courtier

A red dress for Stéphanie's rose baptism on July 5th. Great color and hopefully better photos turn up. Hair looks lovely. The HGD couple has two other events today.

http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/pho...705_161906.jpg

http://images.newmedia.lu/rtl2008.lu...5503a2c02.jpeg

Tags
hereditary grand duchess stéphanie, hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style, princess stephanie, princess stéphanie's daytime outfits, princess stéphanie's evening gowns, princess stéphanie's fashion & style