Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 7:June 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When will people accept that Stephanie is an old soul? It shows in the way she dress and conduct herself.

Frumpy clothing is not indicative of an "old soul", just a bad tailor

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Beautiful hair and the blouse! But must put something else and not this pants!

I cringe most of the time when I see a link for what she's wearing....

LaRae

The red blouse was a great choice, but the trousers have got to go. The baggy style doesn't suit her, in my opinion. I'm sure Stephanie can find trousers with slimmer legs, such as straight-leg, or boot-cut. The wide-leg look is very sloppy on her. The blue dress is OK. The color suits Stephanie.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Ugh, she either needs to learn to buy trousers that are tailored and not sacks on her, or wear dresses. I have never seen her get trousers right that I can remember. The top is a nice color but looks wrinkled and her hair looks messy as well.

Her blue dress is quite pretty. Nothing exciting but at least fresh, a great color and fits. Really like the shoes :flowers: Great outfit for a summer event.

I am a bit confused this is the second 'garden party' indoors :ermm: Does it have another meaning in Lux, because the definition of a garden party to me is outdoors in the garden.

The blue dress looks great on her- good color, fits well.

Ugh, she either needs to learn to buy trousers that are tailored and not sacks on her, or wear dresses. I have never seen her get trousers right that I can remember. The top is a nice color but looks wrinkled and her hair looks messy as well.

Her blue dress is quite pretty. Nothing exciting but at least fresh, a great color and fits. Really like the shoes :flowers: Great outfit for a summer event.

I am a bit confused this is the second 'garden party' indoors :ermm: Does it have another meaning in Lux, because the definition of a garden party to me is outdoors in the garden.

The garden party is outdoors but the receiving line is in the foyer. The GDF current events thread has links that show more of the event outside.

The lace pink top doesn’t look wrinkled to me. Sadly, I don’t think Stephanie wants slimmer pants. She has a clear preference for wide-legged, long pants. A former coworker of mine was like that. Always wore pants down to the floor or only the tips of her shoes poked out. Oh well.

Last edited:
Oh those pants are really bad, and her underwear shows very clearly through.
The blue dress is very nice on her, fits well and great color

The lace dress was alright, the green would have been better if she had tied the belt better.

Stephanie does not dress for the camera. :flowers: That's all. IMO.

Its not about dressing for the camera. No one is asking her to be fashionista clothes horse. But one does need to be presentable and appropriate for their job, whether they are a secretary or a princess. And too often she fails in this.

Its not about dressing for the camera. No one is asking her to be fashionista clothes horse. But one does need to be presentable and appropriate for their job, whether they are a secretary or a princess. And too often she fails in this.

In person she is likely just fine. The camera is unforgiving. It takes considerable energy (include resources in that) and a certain level of a kind of self-absorption to be focussed in the way you want of her.

I say bravo for her authenticity. :flowers:

Honestly, if I wore some clothes like Stephanie in the office (ill-fitting, underwear showing etc) somebody would pull me aside and tell me.
On occasions I did not find her presentable at all.

In person she is likely just fine. The camera is unforgiving. It takes considerable energy (include resources in that) and a certain level of a kind of self-absorption to be focussed in the way you want of her.

I say bravo for her authenticity. :flowers:

Authenticity??? Pants so long she steps on them, coat sleeves that are so short she looks like she shrunk it in the dryer. Obvious wrinkles in clothes. No it doesn't take considerable money or time to solve these issues. There are women who work for minimum wage, who manage to not show their underwear and tread on their hems. Resources? Its not like her clothes are from target. She wears expensive name designers. I doubt she couldn't afford a seamstress to hem a pant line.

Again no one is asking her to spend a fortune to be a fashionista, though her wardrobe is expensive. Simply to spend a little time on fit.

Honestly in my days as a barely paid receptionist when I was in college, if I went into work tripping over my hems, or showing my undies, my boss would suggest I go home and change. That goes for an iron as well. And heck that goes even for my scrubs. They have to fit right and be wrinkle free. Even in a hospital, a level of professionalism has to be shown, and when you look a mess, people wonder if you are too.

But I guess I am self-absorbed. I can assure you, nurses working their asses off 60 hours or more for little to no thanks in hospitals, are not self-absorbed. They simply understand simple workplace rules. Of course by hour 9 of a 12 hour shift when sitting down for the first time all shift, we may not look so straightened any more.

Last edited:
Where has she stepped on her pants? I have not seen that. There are many pant lengths and my ex-coworker wore the same length (to the floor or skimming her shoes) as Stephanie and she was fine.

Stephanie and Guillaume have gained weight (which is fine; it happens) since the wedding and some clothes no longer fit but they're still wearing them. Probably also buying new clothes in the same size instead of sizing up. Luckily for Guillaume, his suits have some leeway and there's not much to say about suits.

Short of a wardrobe malfunction, I doubt someone in the family or court will say anything. Stephanie's been hit/miss for 3+ years and they appear to be fine with her clothing choices. (-__-)

No one wants her to be a fashionista, but she could at least have her clothes tailored. She is not some poor little princess they have money and she is not wearing cheap clothing. There is no way the camera makes her appear as badly dressed as she does on occasion . Take the blue dress she wore recently simply tying the belt neatly would have helped the look.

Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie attended an opening of an art exhibition on July 1[FONT=&quot]: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/fc6...rtv3/90c6258de3eef1149c713425c02515316dd28a74[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/112...rtv3/f9aeb955866a64bf66f6f8198cbb48649cb52d0f[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/7c9...rtv3/dfa16bdf4b401bf6a1d84579d3abcc749efbd8c3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/73f...rtv3/039ab994d0e8eb5abadc965f7837152080d36840 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie attended the reception to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Musée d’art moderne Grand-Duc Jean on July 2[FONT=&quot]: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/407...rtv3/12ca967a71c84ce6dc5959f05f185e22250a2141[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://blobsvc.wort.lu/picture/881...rtv3/ff7c51c6a8ca8beb79d12332990260fad47ad9d2 [/FONT]

The navy dress is very nice but since she has put on so much weight, the sleeves do not work for her. Same with the white tunic and wide pants, not an attractive look, and it seems to be too tight.

I find myself quite liking the navy dress. Simple but nice for the event :flowers:

Total miss on the second look. White tunic is making her look like she is, um baking a bun, :whistling: leave it at that. And the skin tone pants took me back a moment.

Where has she stepped on her pants? I have not seen that. There are many pant lengths and my ex-coworker wore the same length (to the floor or skimming her shoes) as Stephanie and she was fine.

There have been numerous occasions where she has worn black trousers (look back) where they are so long you cant even see her shoes. And I mean even the toe of the shoes which should at least peak out.

If they are going to spend money on new clothes they should spend it on clothes that fit or tailor them plain and simple. Its not like we're talking pre-wedding clothes here.

I really like the navy dress and I've accepted Stephanie likes wide-leg pants just like I've accepted the Duchess of Cambridge likes skinny-leg pants. :ermm:

The repeated white coat is nice but I prefer it with black pants as how she wore the combination in Morocco and an event earlier this year. 3/4 sleeves are better for her too. The partially crimped updo was okay. Maybe Stephanie and her hairdresser were trying something new?

The shoes' toes don't have to poke out. There are pants that are advertised/modeled like that, especially 5-6 years ago. Half the time, my ex-coworker's shoes were completely hidden and that was just the style. Even this Elie Saab doesn't show the shoes.
http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/pre-fall-2013/elie-saab/slideshow/collection#26

I do think Stephanie's still wearing some pre-wedding clothes. I doubt she tossed out all her old wardrobe (and she could afford to tailor those as well).

I find myself quite liking the navy dress. Simple but nice for the event :flowers:

There have been numerous occasions where she has worn black trousers (look back) where they are so long you cant even see her shoes. And I mean even the toe of the shoes which should at least peak out.

If they are going to spend money on new clothes they should spend it on clothes that fit or tailor them plain and simple. Its not like we're talking pre-wedding clothes here.

I like the navy dress. It's simple and the color looks great on Stephanie.

Navy is a great color for her....not such a fan of the second look.

LaRae

Navy is a great color for her....not such a fan of the second look.

LaRae

The second look is a regular disaster. There's not much else I can say about it.

The second look is a regular disaster. There's not much else I can say about it.

Her wardrobe is very inconsistent.

LaRae

The navy dress is nice, the sleeves don't really work for me, but still good. The wide legged pants, well, all I can say is, it's not the worst look I've seen from her. And Pranter hit the name on the head, inconsistent is a good word to use in regards to her wardrobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom