Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-18-2016, 11:19 AM
Royal Highness

It's not black pants so I think it's great. Nice colour and her hair is lovely

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 06-18-2016, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I really liked this on her - it's a step up and is about as shaped as she gets! The hair is gorgeous and the makeup is well done.

Don't shoot me for saying this, but I don't think Stephanie has much shape to work with. I really don't want to start comparisons with other royal ladies, but she has neither a curvy nor an athletic body type. Add to that, she seems to prefer ease in her garments (as many ladies do) and likes a lot of coverage.
So, I think she leans toward the classic and very non showy stuff. I think her taste is indeed, older than her years. It's just who she is.
For her standards, I think this did have shape, color and flattered a bit.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
... [snipped]
The HGD couple

http://i.imgur.com/dp9goiY.jpg
Hereditary Grand Duchess wore a new hat at Princess Alix's wedding. The ensemble has a potential to look good on her. Hopefully we shall see closeup photos of it. I like bright cobalt colour.
Old 06-18-2016, 01:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Hereditary Grand Duchess wore a new hat at Princess Alix's wedding. The ensemble has a potential to look good on her. Hopefully we shall see more close photos of it. I like bright cobalt colour.
Full view behind Princess Alexandra

Closer view

I like Stephanie's outfit, especially the whimsical hat. It would be perfect for any Sweden visit too.
Old 06-18-2016, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Can not decide if I like or not but because I have seen worse in Stephanie finally I decided I like it
Old 06-18-2016, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

The dress is a little plain and boring but the color is great. And for once she doesn't look like she is wearing a potato sack so definite bonus there. I love her accessories, even the hat on her. I think they give just the right punch to take a boring outfit and give it some life. Her hair and makeup also looks wonderful.
Old 06-18-2016, 02:15 PM
Gentry

I think I like it too!
Old 06-18-2016, 02:15 PM
Majesty

Given the new photos, the ensemble was well-chosen. I liked the colour combination. The dress appears to be a crocheted one. In all, it is a better than usual look.
Old 06-18-2016, 02:19 PM
Majesty

I don't hate the outfit but I don't love it either. The hat would have been better with that knockout backless sunflower yellow dress she wore to National Day 2015.

I thought she looked elegant and pretty at MUDAM with GD Jean yesterday. Makeup was nice and her hair elegant and lovely, as it most often is.

ETA: Stephanie is a de Ligne through her paternal grandmother Princess Beatrice de Ligne...I wonder how she is related to the bride, Alix? Are gold and royal blue the colors of the House of Ligne? Maybe that explains Stephanie's choice today.
Old 06-18-2016, 02:21 PM
Serene Highness

The dress is okay, but I love the hat and bright yellow is her colour.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 06-18-2016, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

The rose colored dress with the leaves was particularly unflattering, because of the poor fit through the bodice and the obvious, unmatched seam above the natural waist giving it a maternity style look. Her hair and earrings were very nice. The blue dress looked nice and could have used a necklace.

The mother of the bride was best dressed, IMO and beautiful. The groom doesn't look old enough to get married
Old 06-18-2016, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Hmmm...love the color and the scallop hem....it'a rather blah otherwise. Maybe a belt or a contrast color.

LaRae
Old 06-18-2016, 06:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Given the new photos, the ensemble was well-chosen. I liked the colour combination. The dress appears to be a crocheted one. In all, it is a better than usual look.
Yes, you're correct about the crochet. Place Royale photos:

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...48&oe=57E766A0

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...67&oe=57C336C7
Old 06-18-2016, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The combination of blue and yellow is really nice but the dress is unflattering and its a bit casual for a wedding IMO.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I don't hate the outfit but I don't love it either. The hat would have been better with that knockout backless sunflower yellow dress she wore to National Day 2015.

I thought she looked elegant and pretty at MUDAM with GD Jean yesterday. Makeup was nice and her hair elegant and lovely, as it most often is.

ETA: Stephanie is a de Ligne through her paternal grandmother Princess Beatrice de Ligne...I wonder how she is related to the bride, Alix? Are gold and royal blue the colors of the House of Ligne? Maybe that explains Stephanie's choice today.
Prince Ernst, 10th prince de ligne, had at least 2 children. A son Eugene ad a daughter Marie Beatrice. Beatrice was the mother of Philippe de Lanoy (born in 1922) who is the father of Stephanie. Eugene on the other hand succeeded his father in 1937 as the 11th prince. Eugene had four chidren, 2 sons and 2 daughters, who were cousins of Philippe de Lanoy. His eldest son Baudouin was 12th prince but died in 1985 childless. He was succeeded by his brother Antoine. Antoine, Philippe's cousin, is Alix's grandfather. Antoine who was 3 years younger than Philippe, died in 2005. Stephanie was born when her father was in his 60's, why she is of age with the grandchildren of her father's cousin.

And no, the house coat of de ligne is gold and red, not blue and gold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince...ten-Wappen.png

I actually think it better she wear the yellow accessories with a blue dress. Or with a black even. If she had been wearing a bright yellow dress, she would have looked like a walking sunflower. The yellow is a great pop against the blue. Wish she had worn a yellow belt on the dress to break up the blue and give that last bump.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I thought Stephanie's dress was beautiful in her pink dress, I particularly like the leaves almost growing up it. This time, the fit doesn't bother me just because the dress itself is so nice and suits Stephanie well. Her hair is also elegant here, too.

For the wedding, I thought she looked alright though the yellow hat is a bit much and for some reason makes the rest of the look appear as rather frumpy.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-19-2016, 01:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
HGD Stéphanie (and GD Jean) at the MUDAM on June 15th:

http://images.newmedia.lu/rtl2008.lu...ab1bb3fd1.jpeg
http://images.newmedia.lu/rtl2008.lu...5d9ee9d71.jpeg
http://images.newmedia.lu/rtl2008.lu...4afbb43c4.jpeg

ETA: Nice look. Good color, leaves over a wood grain pattern. Skirt could be narrower. The dress looks like Natan. Pretty hair and make-up.

I LOVE THIS! She looks lovely. The color is beautiful on her. Love the dress.

I really like her shirt here.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:11 AM
Majesty

If the pants had been a little more tailor I think she could have really pulled this look off. However, her updo, makeup and earrings are nice.
Quote:
Full view behind Princess Alexandra

Closer view

I like Stephanie's outfit, especially the whimsical hat. It would be perfect for any Sweden visit too.

Quote:
I actually love this look. It is such a strong look and a radical departure from her passion for neutral colours.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
HGD Stéphanie (and GD Jean) at the MUDAM on June 15th:
http://images.newmedia.lu/rtl2008.lu...ab1bb3fd1.jpeg
http://images.newmedia.lu/rtl2008.lu...5d9ee9d71.jpeg
http://images.newmedia.lu/rtl2008.lu...4afbb43c4.jpeg
ETA: Nice look. Good color, leaves over a wood grain pattern. Skirt could be narrower. The dress looks like Natan. Pretty hair and make-up.
I really like this dress. Like the whole look.

(..)
Old 06-19-2016, 05:41 AM
Courtier

I think she looked really pretty in the dress with the leaves;
that yellow hat is a work of art with its feathers and flourishes - very stylish!

Tags
hereditary grand duchess stéphanie, hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style, princess stephanie, princess stéphanie's daytime outfits, princess stéphanie's evening gowns, princess stéphanie's fashion & style