Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 10: May 2018 - May 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I like her makeup in the formal photo, well done...especially that shade of lipstick.

I think when she has looked good she has had help, maybe from her mother in law or sisters in law. When she looks a mess she is choosing the clothes herself. I don't see how she can get it right and then just look a hot mess.

Dear Lawd! What on earth is she wearing? The entire outfit is hideous. She needs help ASAP!

Stéphanie at the concert hosted by King Philippe and Queen Mathilde in Luxembourg this evening:

** Full view **

I think when she has looked good she has had help, maybe from her mother in law or sisters in law. When she looks a mess she is choosing the clothes herself. I don't see how she can get it right and then just look a hot mess.

Really? Because I think some of the least flattering outfits she wears are her mother-in-law's cast offs. I'm not convinced they are Stephanie's choices.

Stéphanie at the concert hosted by King Philippe and Queen Mathilde in Luxembourg this evening:

** Full view **

This gown is actually quite a beautiful caftan style. And the color is absolutely brilliant on the HGD.

The colour is lovely on Stephanie but not mad about the caftan it looks a little big on the HGD.

:previous: I felt the same way regarding the ivory caftan. The color and embroidery were stunning, but it looked too big for Stephanie.

Her makeup is much stronger than usual which is a plus for her eyebrows which have sadly needed help. Very similar to her mil. The white gown reminds me of the loose dresses my elderly grandmother would wear. The day look made me think of a kewpie doll. Minus the hat, scarf, and with a longer skirt might have worked. The fuchsia caftan seems pretty, would like to get a look at the earrings

The short white dress looks awful on her IMO.

The pink caftan style while a little big looks great on her coloring!

LaRae

Her day look is just bizarre. It looks like a girls pleated skirt and sweatshirt. :ermm:

I love the purple accessories (minus the head piece). And wow her hair looks stunning. One thing she very rarely gets wrong.

Her second caftan is beautiful. The color and beading positively stunning :flowers:

I agree both are a bit big on her though.

I do find it odd she chose to wear not one but two caftans during this visit. But it was a lovely change from the norm.

The white dress looks like a child's outfit not a Duchess.

That was the same thing that popped up in my mind when I saw it.

If you ask me, Stéphanie has the mindset of a 50+ year-old. She certainly dresses as such.

Are any of Stephane’s latest outfits ‘hand me downs’ from the GD? I seem to remember some time ago, a few of the GD past dresses were ‘altered’ for other female family members and the altered outfits were a flop. Maybe that is why Stephanie’s current dress attire is ‘off’. Just thinking.

We don't have alas Luxarazzi anymore .. for these informations.
I met the Heditary Grand Duchess . She has a porcelain skin no other royals have

Her complexion is indeed one of her outstanding features, it is virtually flawless.

Is that *so* important, a flawless skin? I have read these things before and it makes me wonder.

Important? No but rather a compliment to notice someone who has beautiful skin.

LaRae

Is that *so* important, a flawless skin? I have read these things before and it makes me wonder.

If I am going to point out the ways the HGD flops-and I have many times-I am also going to speak up where I feel she deserves credit.

And yes, she has great hair, skin and legs, in my opinion.

A great complexion is a bonus and is not effortless...at least for me it isn't.:ermm: What's the use of being stylish and well turned out if you need a ton of makeup to cover bad skin?

If I am going to point out the ways the HGD flops-and I have many times-I am also going to speak up where I feel she deserves credit.

And yes, she has great hair, skin and legs, in my opinion.

A great complexion is a bonus and is not effortless...at least for me it isn't.:ermm: What's the use of being stylish and well turned out if you need a ton of makeup to cover bad skin?

I see what you mean. It possibly depends on what one would consider bad skin as well. And there are remedies for that, at least to a degree.

I guess I just don't consider a flawless, porcelain complexion to be all that "important" or a bonus. Mine certainly is not flawless and/or porcelain but I don't use make-up either. I go "barefoot".

To each his/her own in this case :flowers:

Mine is not porcelain for sure. :lol: It's honey colored and it was oily and prone to acne in my teens. But thank goodness it's under control now and I am very proud of the compliments I get for it. It was NOT easy.

For what it's worth, I also think Meghan Duchess of Sussex has one of the most beautiful complexions I have seen(in the Royal world) I especially love it that she has freckles that show when she is without foundation.

No, porcelain does not equal perfect. The person who met the HGD in person happened to use that term in her compliment which is how it entered the thread in the first place.

Last edited:
Let us please get back to the topic of this thread - fashion choices! Thank you!

Today, October 17, Stéphanie wore a dress in black and white for the farewell for the Belgian guests:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

All I can think is she was raised by an older mother so learned to dress from her. maybe , that is why she dresses so old. That and she is simply not interested in dressing stylishly.

The pink caftan was rather nice for a change but I don't understand why she decided to wear two Moroccan evening gowns when her home-country of Belgium comes to visit. While Catherine might be taking the 'cultural dressing' to the extreme, Stephanie seems just to have figured that she recently went to Morocco and bought some nice dresses that she could wear on the very first occasion.

And yesterday's white with pink/purple details outfit was quite weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom