Fashion for the little royals Part 6: April 2014 - December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to Part 6 of
Fashion for the little royals

You can find the old thread here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Happy Posting!
:flowers:
Royal House of Fashion Moderators

I find George's official outings clothes too old fashioned. But he does look very cute in them.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using The Royals Community mobile app

it seems that kate likes to buy clothes for george in london's walton street, with two of her favourite shops being closeby: nursery window and blue almonds! marie chantal's shop is also on that street - will we soon see george dressed in her clothes?

Iloved George´s outfits. He is dressed like a baby his age should.

His clothes are traditional baby clothes from 80s and 90s its so sweet:)

I like that he is in traditional clothing. I have no problem with the old fashioned look the British royals tend to put on their children. Louise is often seen in traditional clothing and receives a lot of stick for it on other forums, but I have always thought it suitable and appropriate. To see girls dressed as girls is better than seeing them dressed as teens when they are 5.

Molly-Plus Louise appears to be tall for her age so it becomes even more difficult to find the appropriate clothing. Cousins Beatrix and Eugenie grew up in an era when more traditional styles were in fashion when they were pre-teens. Boys can always fall back on the traditional suit and tie, but unless the dress is bespoke it does become more challenging to find the best outfit when the occasion calls for something formal. For example Maxima and Mathilde opted for custom made outfits for their daughters at the investitures in 2013.

It appears that traditional clothing is the 'signature look' for the young British Royals. It's sometimes like this in other Royal Houses too, if you look at old photos of the Duchess of Brabant, the Princess of Orange, Princess Alexia and sometimes the Two Infantas and Princess Estelle, they're often wearing traditional clothes too. Like Molly, I think it's nice that the royals put their children in sweet traditional dresses and black Mary-Janes, instead of jeans and a not-very-nice patterned t-shirt, which seems to be the fashion for most children nowadays.

Back to George, even though I've said what I said, I do think his romper suit was a little old fashioned. It reminds me of something that William (and Charles maybe) would've worn as a baby. I like his other outfit however. It looks comfy on him.
16 April

The Danish Children's outfits during their grandmother's birthday celebrations:

All Children ~ Christian, Vincent and Josephine ~ Vincent and Josephine ~ Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine

Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofia wearing cute casual outfits during a visit to the cinema:

Leonor ~ Sofia

Leonor and Sofia are going to be complete fashionistas. Letizia dresses them quite on trend

I too love how the British royals dress their kids. Even when you see them in jeans, they look elegant. And presentable. George looks adorable in his romper, and I love the outfits if the Danish kids. Not too crazy about what the Infantas are wearing, however.

Sent from my SM-N900T using The Royals Community mobile app

No George's romper is not a dress, but not too long go, male children were dressed in skirts when they were still in diapers for convenience.
Dressing a baby in an all in one may be traditional but it makes sense to me Seeing babies in diapers with complicated, adult like clothing just looks so uncomfortable.
Once, they're out of diapers, then more form fitting looks ok.

I wasn´t too keen on Leonor´s clothing or look. Sofia was dressed very nicely.Loved the way the Danish children were dressed . Estelle is always well dressed (didn´t like the booties).George is absolutely perfect in his clothing.

:previous: I have the same opinion on her boots, although they seem to go with her outfit. But overall, Estelle looked adorable in her little outfit and I love her skirt.

I haven't got a problem w/Estelle's boots, because if the weather's as cold and damp in Sweden as it is in Canada right now, I know any little one of mine would still be wearing their boots. I know how grumpy I feel when my feet are freezing. Can you imagine how a two year old would feel?

So...I think it was a wise move on Victoria's part to have Estelle still in her boots. JMO of course.

Yesterday certainly was a jackpot for all us on the Royal Children front, wasn't it? The Danish gang minus little Athena, Estelle w/Mommy and then wee George Down Under...Almost too much cuteness to handle!!

Oh and can I just say how thrilled I am to see George's outfits have smocking on them? I love that look on a young child and to see it done in the form of sailboats on the two outfits we've seen so far, it makes it very much "little boy" instead of frou frou if that makes sense. I really hope this helps bring smocking back, as it does look so nice on an outfit and it's long overdue for it to be seen again IMO.

Estelle looked really cute, even if the shoes were not to my liking.

:previous:

I don´t know why...I like Infanta Leonor dress in the christmas card...but not this time. Looks a little unflattering on her.
On the other hand I like Sofia dress a lot. It Looks good on her :)

But everyone had jackets less the Infantas. And they didn´t had socks as well...how was the weather today in Mallorca?

Not my favorite outfits for the Infantas, a little dark and dull for Easter, imo. Their hair is just charming, and matching shoes charming as well.

:previous:

I don´t know why...I like Infanta Leonor dress in the christmas card...but not this time. Looks a little unflattering on her.
On the other hand I like Sofia dress a lot. It Looks good on her :)

But everyone had jackets less the Infantas. And they didn´t had socks as well...how was the weather today in Mallorca?

Sofia was cold and got her cardi. Leonors dress had longer sleeves. I like Sofia's better.
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Spanish+Royals+Attend+Easter+Mass+Palma+de+7SouG5Qy_Qql.jpg

I agree the Infanta's dresses are very plain and ordinary for Easter Mass. I guess it's old fashioned but always believe Easter is a time to show off pretty springy new frocks. They have hair to die for though, thick and healthy.

I'm not a fan of Leonor's dress, but Sofia's is very pretty.

Like others here, I'm not really keen on Leonor's dress, although she is adorable so I think I'll give her a pass. Her hairstyle is cute. Sofia's dress is lovely, the colours are very summery. I like how the Infantas have matching shoes.

20 April: Prince George of Cambridge wearing a casual outfit during his visit to Canberra, Australia:

Zoo full view ~ Zoo side view ~ Zoo close up

He's wearing a cardigan during his arrival in Canberra, but I can't find the photos right now so I haven't posted them.

Lady Louise Windsor wears a smart black coat during the Easter Service at Windsor Castle, England:

Photo (Louise is on the left hand side next to Sophie)

Margarita Armstrong-Jones was also there, she was wearing a black coat and what looked like white tights. There are photos on Rex Features, but I thought they were a little small.

Like others here, I'm not really keen on Leonor's dress, although she is adorable so I think I'll give her a pass. Her hairstyle is cute. Sofia's dress is lovely, the colours are very summery. I like how the Infantas have matching shoes.

20 April: Prince George of Cambridge wearing a casual outfit during his visit to Canberra, Australia:

Zoo full view ~ Zoo side view ~ Zoo close up

He's wearing a cardigan during his arrival in Canberra, but I can't find the photos right now so I haven't posted them.

Lady Louise Windsor wears a smart black coat during the Easter Service at Windsor Castle, England:

Photo (Louise is on the left hand side next to Sophie)

Margarita Armstrong-Jones was also there, she was wearing a black coat and what looked like white tights. There are photos on Rex Features, but I thought they were a little small.
Lady Louise looks so beautiful, its amazing how she has blossomed since being exposed to the public when William and Kate got married. I love her ballet slippers instead of the awkward shoes we always saw her in, maybe because of her eyes, but glad to see her looking simply beautiful:flowers:

I am not a fan of Louise's coat as I think it looks too big for her, but I did love her gold ballet pumps! Such a change from her usual black shoes. I hope we see more of Louise's choices coming out!

Sofia and Leonor looked lovely, though I wasn't a huge fan of Leonor's dress. Sofia's dress was beautiful.

I am loving George's clothes, particularly the shorts and t-shirt combo, but I cannot imagine spending £55 on a pair of shorts that will fit him for a month! His shorts and striped t-shirt were apparently from Rachel Riley, where a lot of his clothes appear to be from. Sophie has used Rachel Riley for a lot of Louise's clothes but never seen James in anything from there. He seems to be a Ralph Lauren kinda guy!

I don't have an issue with Louise's coat. It's consistant with her preference for classic styles. I like the shoes, but I think they would look better without that ankle strap.

George looks delightful in his outfit at the zoo, and I simply love the blue cardigan he wore later on.

Sent from my SM-N900T using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom