Fashion for the little royals Part 6: April 2014 - December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
George looked so cute and modern the way he was dressed for his Father's day polo outing and again for the photos at the butterfly exhibit. The most recent photos, however, do look old fashioned. Pardon my ignorance but are his shoes standard for little boys? In the U.S. we call them Mary Janes and they are for little girls. William and Catherine have shown that they tend to lean toward the more traditional in names, style of dress, etc. for George. It will be interesting to see how they dress a little girl, if they have one.

In Europe little boys wear dark shoes with a strap, here in the USA a little boy would wear tie up oxfords or saddle shoes for the classic look.

It will be interesting to see how they dress a little girl, if they have one

British Royal little girls are always dressed in very traditional garb... demure dresses , white tights and Mary Jane's until they reach their pre teens. I don't seriously expect William And Catherine to deviate much if at all.

The Belgian kids at the annual Christmas concert at the Royal Palace today, December 17. The boys wore elegant suits and the girls looked lovely in pink (and blue) dresses:

** Upper part ** Full view **

Beautiful, Elisabeth is in that age where you don't know how to dress your kid :lol: she's no longer a little girl but not yet a full teenager either, this dress was very appropiated and beautiful for her :flowers:

The boys look so handsome in suits, I love that they don't have just ONE suit like every boy in the world but have an assortment of suits and coats they wear at different ocassions :D

Elisabeth probably picks out her own clothes and only needs occasional guidance at this point. I really don't think they have to worry to much about her rebelling and picking out wild clothes or going goth:ROFLMAO:

The Belgian children looked very nice. The boys' suits were very dapper. I love how the girls were dressed as well. Elisabeth's dress is very appropriate for a girl her age. It's modest, simple, and doesn't have any unnecessary frills that would make it look childish. Eleonore's dress is perfect for a little girl her age. I'm imaging she's in between five and seven years old, and at that age, pink is all the rage :D. The only issue I have is Eleonore's stockings and shoes; they didn't go with the dress. I think a better choice would have been clear stockings, and black shoes, or white stockings and black shoes, but not the navy blue that she wore.

Estelle's Christmas look is too cute. I love the dress. It looks perfectly comfortable and festive. As for the hair, I would have done either a pony tail like she had, tied with a red ribbon, or left her hair down with the little bow on the side. Having both is just a bit much in my book.

Victoria loves them bows- big ones, small ones, some as big as your head. She generally just enjoys dressing her daughter up and you know by now Estella has her own opinions :flowers:

As for Eleonore she is six so she should be encouraged to help pick her clothes and have some choice within reason. Maybe Mathilda let her pick out her stockings and shoes.

Victoria loves them bows- big ones, small ones, some as big as your head. She generally just enjoys dressing her daughter up and you know by now Estella has her own opinions :flowers:

As for Eleonore she is six so she should be encouraged to help pick her clothes and have some choice within reason. Maybe Mathilda let her pick out her stockings and shoes.

What's the point of having a little girl if you can't dress her up, right :D? I love that Victoria puts bows on Estelle. They're suitable for little girls, and Estelle does look precious in them. I'm sure Estelle lets her parents know what she wants, and how she wants it. That's the fun part of being almost three; you're beginning to assert your will, and independence :D.

I just noticed that Eleonore's dress had a bluish/purplish tint to it, so the blue stockings can go with it. Her mom probably gave her a choice, and she chose them, maybe even because her big sister was going to wear that color.

She only has one big sister and probably thinks Elisabeth walks on water so I would not be surprised.

I always think the Belgian children are always dressed really well, and I loved Elisabeth's dress.

Lady Louise wore a lovely dress with horses on it for her Christmas trip to Ascot. The dress is by her mum's ever favourite designer for Louise - Pale Cloud.

Lady Louise

Pale Cloud

James was in a nice wool jacket and shirt and tie James

James and Edward... how sweet! Teaching him the ins and outs of racing maybe?

I can't say I like Louise's dress. It's just busy, the color is blah and their is old fashioned but this is just to much in my opinion.. something a middle aged lady would wear to be quirky. But she loves the horses so she probably feels very smart and chic in it:)

Always nice to see James and his daddy but I do agree that Louise's dress isn't her best. There is a blouse version which the website has paired with a skirt which I think looked much nicer, but Louise probably loves it as it has horses so she loved it.

I hope we see her in a lovely coat on Christmas Day and not the horrid one she wore for Easter. It would be lovely to see James on Christmas day but I think it's very unlikely.

I don't mind Louise's outfit. It fits her preference for things that are more conservative. And Molly is right; Louise loves horses, and riding, so this dress is probably one of her favorites.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

It is very conservative and that is how Sophie has always dressed Louise. No doubt Louise will change her fashion sense as she grows up - look how Beatrice and Eugenie were dressed as girls in matching coats and hats. Now they have a relatively decent fashion sense (sometimes...)

I thought James jacket today was perfect. He had a lovely navy blazer on when he was at National Paralympic Day in August (which he matched with his Dad in colour and tie), so to see another jacket on him is nice. Little men in suits are lovely. He will look so dapper in a coat on the Christmas walk some year.

Beautiful, Elisabeth is in that age where you don't know how to dress your kid :lol: she's no longer a little girl but not yet a full teenager either, this dress was very appropiated and beautiful for her :flowers:

The boys look so handsome in suits, I love that they don't have just ONE suit like every boy in the world but have an assortment of suits and coats they wear at different ocassions :D

Appreciate the respectful mourning colouring for HM Queen Fabiola worn by Their Majesties.

It is very conservative and that is how Sophie has always dressed Louise. No doubt Louise will change her fashion sense as she grows up - look how Beatrice and Eugenie were dressed as girls in matching coats and hats. Now they have a relatively decent fashion sense (sometimes...)

I thought James jacket today was perfect. He had a lovely navy blazer on when he was at National Paralympic Day in August (which he matched with his Dad in colour and tie), so to see another jacket on him is nice. Little men in suits are lovely. He will look so dapper in a coat on the Christmas walk some year.

I'm sure Louise will develop her own style as she gets older. It's natural. I'm curious to see if the conservative style will be kept, or if she'll go for more trendy options. I'm also pretty confident that by age eleven, Louise has some independence in choosing her attire, and she may be going for the conservative look. James looks so cute in his jacket and tie.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Louise should dress the way she feels comfortable and The British style of dressing upper class young ladies like young ladies and not 25 year olds suits her tastes apparently but on the other hand it is when she is 19 or 20 and presumably making the rounds of society weddings, nice clubs, parties Etc. she will need to dress age appropriate also-young, fun, a little bit flirty... not like her mother :lol: But that's neither here nor their right now.

It's incredible sweet that Silvia packed away those clothes for 30 some years. Most of the time those except for Christening gowns are parceled to relatives or friends or donated.

The coat is lovely and it is very nice that her mother kept it for her daughter! Just it is funny for me the way they pick the tree, the trees come to her palace , she doesn't go out and pick it like all the other children, of course she is the heir to the throne, but sometimes they want to have a normal life and they want their privacy but it is impossible for them!

So lovely that Estelle is wearing her mothers clothes. That is thanks to Silvia of course. What a wonderful idea.

The three Dutch princesses at the Christmas photosession in Argentina yesterday, December 22, all looking lovely in casual clothes with pink pieces:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I loved both of Estelle's outfits. Her coat is wonderful and it's adorable how she wears her mother's old outfits. That's a lovely thing to do. I read on another thread that Estelle also wears dresses that were made by Silvia's mother Alice Sommerlath, but as she passed away in 1997 I presume they are old outfits that Victoria and Madeleine have also worn as toddlers. I think Madeleine prefers to buy new clothes for Leonore, but I wonder if by the time Carl Philip and Sofia have a son, he will wear old clothes of Carl Philip's.
Estelle's outfit she wore during the Haga photoshoot is probably my favourite of her recent outfits. It's lovely and festive and I agree that now she has more hair, her bows look great and suits her well.

I like the Belgian Children's outfits, and I also think that perhaps Elisabeth chooses her own clothes. She is at the age where she will want to find her own style - when I was her age and younger, I was getting sick of the very gender specific outfits my mother made me wear, and wanted a change. I was going through the hating pink and loving black phase that I'm sure almost everyone has been through at least once in their life. :D

The Wessex children look nice and I also don't have a problem with Louise's outfit. I love how the horses represent her love for the animals and riding, and they also give a nod to the event she was at (Royal Ascot). I actually don't think this outfit is that old fashioned compared to some of her other choices (which are still nice). James looks adorable and is almost like a mini Edward as he is wearing a similar outfit to him.

I think the AAA's look lovely and appropriate for the occasion, though Ariane looks like she is wearing her pyjamas. I love the bright sunny colours of their outfits against the bright weather.

I loved both of Estelle's outfits. Her coat is wonderful and it's adorable how she wears her mother's old outfits. That's a lovely thing to do. I read on another thread that Estelle also wears dresses that were made by Silvia's mother Alice Sommerlath, but as she passed away in 1997 I presume they are old outfits that Victoria and Madeleine have also worn as toddlers. I think Madeleine prefers to buy new clothes for Leonore, but I wonder if by the time Carl Philip and Sofia have a son, he will wear old clothes of Carl Philip.
Estelle's outfit she wore during the Haga photoshoot is probably my favourite of her recent outfits. It's lovely and festive and I agree that now she has more hair, her bows look great and suit her well.

That quote about Alice Sommerlath making their clothing came from Året med Kungafamiljen this year. In that same article Madeleine says that Leonore also has clothing that was hers and that she will wear it. Silvia said they saved it all and each child will get a portion of it.

:previous: Ah OK, thanks. :flowers: I didn't realise that about Leonore as I just get the impression that Madeleine would prefer to buy new things for her, but I don't really know why I think that. It's sweet that all of Silvia and Carl Gustaf's grandchildren will get some of the outfits Alice Sommerlath made. I presume she made outfits for Carl Philip too and that it's quite possible that a future son of his will wear them. Do you know which outfits Leonore has worn that are from Alice Sommerlath (or has she publicly worn one of them)?

:previous: Ah OK, thanks. :flowers: I didn't realise that about Leonore as I just get the impression that Madeleine would prefer to buy new things for her, but I don't really know why I think that. It's sweet that all of Silvia and Carl Gustaf's grandchildren will get some of the outfits Alice Sommerlath made. I presume she made outfits for Carl Philip too and that it's quite possible that a future son of his will wear them. Do you know which outfits Leonore has worn that are from Alice Sommerlath (or has she publicly worn one of them)?

We have not seen too many outfits of Leonore so it is hard to say but I am wondering if the Blue dress with the ducks that Madeleine posted a photograph of her in on Carl Gustaf's birthday was made by Alice Sommerlath. It has not been identified as any one elses and I cannot find it anywhere. I don't think I have seen a photograph of either Victoria or Leonore in it but I am going to look again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom