Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 11: September 2017 - June 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonor and Sofia at the National Day celebrations today, October 12:

** Full view ** Close up **

Last edited:
I love Leonor's red combination and her hairstyle is lovely. Sofia's hair is beautiful and I love her ballerina flats but i'm not a huge fan of her dress; it's a lovely dress and style, I just feel it's a touch too short. Sofia is long legged so I guess some of the dresses for her age range are going to be a bit short. Seeing how long her legs are next to Leonor's show she's definitely going to be much taller than her older sister. Sofia definitely got her father's height gene.

Sofia is also wearing a cast on her right arm - apparently she broke her arm at school.

Princess Leonor in red for Spanish National day,nice touch I agree Sofia's dress does look a tad bit short.

The Infantitas are growing up sooo fast! And they are so pretty.:ohmy:

Is Sofia going to be taller than her big sister? Her legs are indeed very long, and her hemline is too short. But I still think they are both adorable.?

Sofia's going to be much taller than Leonor, unless something unusual happens with their growth patterns over the next couple of years.

I think both girls look very nice with Sofia looking better overall. Her dress and coat are a little short but the fit and colours are flattering and she looks stylish in an age appropriate way. Leonor also looks cute but IMO the dress and cardigan combo is more fitting for a young child, not a girl going on 12.

Leonor looks really lovely in red :flowers:

Sofia is definitely growing tall. I quite like her dress though could be a bit longer.

Beautiful girls.... very promising ! True beauties

I would totally buy Sofia's dress if it came in my size :wub:

Sofia's dress is very fashionable but should have knee length. Sofia def looks more 'grown up' than her older sister.

:previous: Can be the original lenght for my version, thanks. Lenght knee and I would look like a granny :whistling::lol::lol:

Sofia's going to be much taller than Leonor, unless something unusual happens with their growth patterns over the next couple of years.

I think both girls look very nice with Sofia looking better overall. Her dress and coat are a little short but the fit and colours are flattering and she looks stylish in an age appropriate way. Leonor also looks cute but IMO the dress and cardigan combo is more fitting for a young child, not a girl going on 12.

I agree with you regarding Leonor's dress. I have noticed that she is dressed still in a child-like way, as there have been a number of previous occasions where her younger sister has looked more grown-up than her, fashion wise, IMO. Now, I'm not critiquing Leonor nor am I saying that she should be forced to dress like an older girl (because who knows, she might still like wearing younger styled clothes), as she is still nearly twelve, so she's not exactly a teenager yet. But I'd just like her to be dressed in a little more of a grown up way from time to time. I do like what she wears and think Letizia has always dressed the girls charmingly, but something that's more for Leonor's age on her would be even better next time. Having said that, her dress is still nice and I love that colour - she rocks red just like her mother ?

Sofia's coat is very stylish. I wouldn't mind it for myself ?

Has anyone got a closeup on the bracelet that Leonor was wearing on National day

I agree with you regarding Leonor's dress. I have noticed that she is dressed still in a child-like way, as there have been a number of previous occasions where her younger sister has looked more grown-up than her, fashion wise, IMO. Now, I'm not critiquing Leonor nor am I saying that she should be forced to dress like an older girl (because who knows, she might still like wearing younger styled clothes), as she is still nearly twelve, so she's not exactly a teenager yet. But I'd just like her to be dressed in a little more of a grown up way from time to time.
I do agree. But, remembering my own daughters and granddaughters at that age, that might very well be Leonor's choosing. Many a mother that has gone thru this age/stage knows exactly what I mean. Parents will have to pick their battles. Me, as long as clean, neat and presentable, OK. Left the tug of war for more important issues. I feel that maybe Leonor's personality is completely different from her sister's. One content in her life now the other can't wait to grow up. All kids different even by same parents and living in same homes with same opportunities. I will say that they both seem to have lovely manners in public. Who knows behind closed doors.

I do agree. But, remembering my own daughters and granddaughters at that age, that might very well be Leonor's choosing. Many a mother that has gone thru this age/stage knows exactly what I mean. Parents will have to pick their battles. Me, as long as clean, neat and presentable, OK. Left the tug of war for more important issues. I feel that maybe Leonor's personality is completely different from her sister's. One content in her life now the other can't wait to grow up. All kids different even by same parents and living in same homes with same opportunities. I will say that they both seem to have lovely manners in public. Who knows behind closed doors.

It is probably more to do with Leonor choosing it, like you've said. The Spanish princesses are always dressed well and appropriately. They have a wardrobe many young girls would kill to have and always look neat and well presented.

I wouldn't say Leonor's dress is "too young" for her. I think Lady Louise was a little girl who was dressed in clothes that were often too young for her. Thankfully that period seems to have finished and Sophie saw the light. I would never say Leonor's clothes are not age appropriate. I think out of all the royal princesses, the Spanish girls are by far the best dressed.

Wow Ingrid is growing up so fast. I almost didn't recognize her at first.

Love the look, coat is great. Love the scarf :flowers:

Ingrid Alexandra looks really great. I like her hair and her outfit was very well put together; like that scarf she added. She has grown so much lately, so she's as tall as her grandma and probably will grow more.

She does look very grown up and stylish! How old is she now? Ingrid Alexandra has actually always reminded me of Queen Mathilde in some way - she seems to have the same calm, pleasant manner.

Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 11: September 2017 -

Ingrid Alexandra looks great. I love what she's wearing!

Nice to see that we're on the same page. Yes, I also agree with you, part of this could be Leonor's choice. She might still like to wear this particular style - though most girls her age are still experimenting their styles when it comes to fashion (although I do know a couple who had a clear style around this age and still have that same style now), so, as you have said, who knows what goes on behind closed doors and what Leonor may choose to wear in the future.

It is probably more to do with Leonor choosing it, like you've said. The Spanish princesses are always dressed well and appropriately. They have a wardrobe many young girls would kill to have and always look neat and well presented.

I wouldn't say Leonor's dress is "too young" for her. I think Lady Louise was a little girl who was dressed in clothes that were often too young for her. Thankfully that period seems to have finished and Sophie saw the light. I would never say Leonor's clothes are not age appropriate. I think out of all the royal princesses, the Spanish girls are by far the best dressed.

Louise is a bit different though as the particular way she has been dressed is the traditional way for the BRF. Princess Beatrice and Eugenie had a similar style when they were Louise's age and younger, and so do the other royal children/and so did the other royals when they were children. I'm not saying that Leonor is unfashionable, because, well, after all, Letizia is her mother! ? Leonor often wears lovely clothes but some have appeared to be a few years too young to her for me, that's all.

Last edited:
Wow Ingrid is growing up so fast. I almost didn't recognize her at first.

Love the look, coat is great. Love the scarf :flowers:

She is going to be one of the beauties to watch among the new generation!;)

Vincent with the one cuff in and one out is such a boy. Mary (I assume it is Mary, but it might be Fred, who knows) helps them make good style choices. I'm convinced they get a "choice of three - which do you prefer?" when these public events are being planned. There is always a tonal/color coordination but also consideration for what will photograph well, what will work in the weather and what's cool with kids. I like how this family parents re: clothing choices. Nice boots on the girls. I'm a bit jealous. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom