The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 4: December 2017 -

Welcome to Part 4 of the thread for the Fashion and Style of royal men!

You can find the old thread here:

** Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 3: October 2016 - December 2017 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Happy Posting!

Old 12-07-2017, 12:03 AM
Courtier

Please can anyone post a photo of Christian Hannover at his Civil Wedding
Just for fun- because it was so horrible-if I was Alessandra and my husband-to-be would appear this way at the Wedding I' d run away from him immediately!!!!
What was he thinking
(..)

Old 12-07-2017, 02:04 AM
Administrator

Here you go : Christian at his civil wedding in London last month:

** Full view **
Old 12-07-2017, 02:46 AM
Courtier

Thank you iceflower
Imagine Harry had appeared this way with Meghan
Old 12-07-2017, 04:14 AM
Majesty

Oh dear, oh dear.

The tie knot is the simplest possible, come on. Surely he could make an effort on this day?
When you haven't got shoulders you camouflage it with and handkerchief and a vest.
Jacket is fine as such. Not particularly interesting but it fits.
The pants however are too long. He's almost standing on the surplus layers of fabric.
And then we have the shoes. Haakon-shoes mark 8.

Alas, he is representative for most modern men. Clothes is something you wear for warmth or decency - so logic dictates that the same thing must apply to suits.
How about his wife? Is there any hope he'll improve once she gets her hand on his wardrobe? - If not he will eventually join Haakon.

What has happened to King Mohammed? Surely he hasn't gone normal?
Old 12-07-2017, 06:38 AM
Majesty

No, even the jacket doesn't get a pass. It is too big around the chest and waist. Add that to the shoes and you get the idea he borrowed the suit. Hope he borrowed the shoes too.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:10 PM
Serene Highness

Back on 14th November Prince Edward at a dinner for the Duke of Edinburgh awards in an eye-catching ensemble:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQh3TQSW4AAU6bd.jpg
Old 12-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Majesty

The only positive thing I can say about this is; It would no doubt be worse if he wore a kilt!

He gets from me.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:36 PM
Nobility

YIKES! And Sophie actually let him go out like that. I have pajamas very similar. I even zoomed in to his feet which I regret.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
YIKES! And Sophie actually let him go out like that. I have pajamas very similar. I even zoomed in to his feet which I regret.
The dinner was at their house, so he didn’t need to go anywhere, but still.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

IMO the monogrammed slippers give this outfit the final touch! As for the trews design, I think theyre in some sort of Stewart tartan. Perhaps Edward is very proud of his Scottish heritage!
Old 12-10-2017, 04:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

There is a bright spot about Prince Edward's clothes. His bowtie and jacket are the same exact color. A perfect match!
Old 12-10-2017, 04:18 PM
Nobility

That ensemble is .. endearing. I wonder if he bought that jacket, or inherited it?
Old 12-10-2017, 04:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
That ensemble is .. endearing. I wonder if he bought that jacket, or inherited it?
Joachim gave it to him.
Wasn't flashy enough for his taste.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Back on 14th November Prince Edward at a dinner for the Duke of Edinburgh awards in an eye-catching ensemble:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQh3TQSW4AAU6bd.jpg
Oh my, never mind the pants but wow a velvet coat and monogram shoes, not even Joachim has those yet...
Old 12-10-2017, 05:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Joachim gave it to him.
Wasn't flashy enough for his taste.
Hmm, good call. But wow, just wow . . . I would never have guessed Edward had it in him! Oh dear, I am suffering from serious sensory overload.

However, where did he even get the idea for those trousers let alone purchase them . . . oh and those slippers I bet he never let Joachim see the pants or slippers or we'd have seen him wearing something just like them.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:25 PM
Serene Highness

It's evening slippers, also known as the Prince Albert slippers. It's very proper footwear for black-tie event.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:34 AM
Courtier

I had a birdie whisper in my ear that Prince Edward is taking lessons on how to dress for dinner from Prince Henrik and the slippers are a gift from him. See Prince Edward has admired those red pants of Prince Henrik's and wanted a pair, so the slippers are a gift to go with the new pants that PH suggested he wear to dinner. Haven't we all seen Prince Pavlov wearing velvet slippers with his monogram on them, so maybe he started that trend of men in velvet slippers. And didn't Prince William once wear velvet slippers with a tux back a few years ago.... I think Prince Charles needs to keep an eye out on these young men for he is not on trend right now................
Old 12-11-2017, 05:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
I had a birdie whisper in my ear that Prince Edward is taking lessons on how to dress for dinner from Prince Henrik and the slippers are a gift from him. See Prince Edward has admired those red pants of Prince Henrik's and wanted a pair, so the slippers are a gift to go with the new pants that PH suggested he wear to dinner. Haven't we all seen Prince Pavlov wearing velvet slippers with his monogram on them, so maybe he started that trend of men in velvet slippers. And didn't Prince William once wear velvet slippers with a tux back a few years ago.... I think Prince Charles needs to keep an eye out on these young men for he is not on trend right now................
This trend was started by prince Albert in 19th century.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:09 AM
Courtier

Guess times haven't changed that much after all with these royal men and their love of fancy pants and velvet slippers....... now all we ladies have to do is wait for the ribbons on the knee pants and white stockings with ruffles and they will really be stepping in style....