Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 4: December 2017 - September 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 4 of the thread for the Fashion and Style of royal men!

You can find the old thread here:

** Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 3: October 2016 - December 2017 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Please can anyone post a photo of Christian Hannover at his Civil Wedding:flowers:
Just for fun- because it was so horrible-if I was Alessandra and my husband-to-be would appear this way at the Wedding I' d run away from him immediately!!!!
What was he thinking:eek:
(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

Here you go :flowers: : Christian at his civil wedding in London last month:

** Full view **

Thank you iceflower
Imagine Harry had appeared this way with Meghan:eek:

Oh dear, oh dear. :sad:

The tie knot is the simplest possible, come on. Surely he could make an effort on this day?
When you haven't got shoulders you camouflage it with and handkerchief and a vest.
Jacket is fine as such. Not particularly interesting but it fits.
The pants however are too long. He's almost standing on the surplus layers of fabric.
And then we have the shoes. Haakon-shoes mark 8. :ermm:

Alas, he is representative for most modern men. Clothes is something you wear for warmth or decency - so logic dictates that the same thing must apply to suits.
How about his wife? Is there any hope he'll improve once she gets her hand on his wardrobe? - If not he will eventually join Haakon. ?

What has happened to King Mohammed? Surely he hasn't gone normal?

:previous: No, even the jacket doesn't get a pass. It is too big around the chest and waist. Add that to the shoes and you get the idea he borrowed the suit. Hope he borrowed the shoes too. :eek:

:previous: :shock::blink:

The only positive thing I can say about this is; It would no doubt be worse if he wore a kilt! ?

He gets :doh::doh: from me.

YIKES! And Sophie actually let him go out like that. I have pajamas very similar. I even zoomed in to his feet which I regret.

YIKES! And Sophie actually let him go out like that. I have pajamas very similar. I even zoomed in to his feet which I regret.

The dinner was at their house, so he didn’t need to go anywhere, but still:ermm:.

IMO the monogrammed slippers give this outfit the final touch! As for the trews design, I think theyre in some sort of Stewart tartan. Perhaps Edward is very proud of his Scottish heritage!

There is a bright spot about Prince Edward's clothes. His bowtie and jacket are the same exact color. A perfect match! ☀️☀️

That ensemble is .. endearing. I wonder if he bought that jacket, or inherited it?

Joachim gave it to him. :D
Wasn't flashy enough for his taste.
Hmm, good call. But wow, just wow . . . I would never have guessed Edward had it in him! Oh dear, I am suffering from serious sensory overload. :eek:

However, where did he even get the idea for those trousers let alone purchase them . . . oh and those slippers I bet he never let Joachim see the pants or slippers or we'd have seen him wearing something just like them. :wacko:

It's evening slippers, also known as the Prince Albert slippers. It's very proper footwear for black-tie event.

I had a birdie whisper in my ear that Prince Edward is taking lessons on how to dress for dinner from Prince Henrik and the slippers are a gift from him. See Prince Edward has admired those red pants of Prince Henrik's and wanted a pair, so the slippers are a gift to go with the new pants that PH suggested he wear to dinner. Haven't we all seen Prince Pavlov wearing velvet slippers with his monogram on them, so maybe he started that trend of men in velvet slippers. And didn't Prince William once wear velvet slippers with a tux back a few years ago....:lol: I think Prince Charles needs to keep an eye out on these young men for he is not on trend right now................

Last edited:
I had a birdie whisper in my ear that Prince Edward is taking lessons on how to dress for dinner from Prince Henrik and the slippers are a gift from him. See Prince Edward has admired those red pants of Prince Henrik's and wanted a pair, so the slippers are a gift to go with the new pants that PH suggested he wear to dinner. Haven't we all seen Prince Pavlov wearing velvet slippers with his monogram on them, so maybe he started that trend of men in velvet slippers. And didn't Prince William once wear velvet slippers with a tux back a few years ago....:lol: I think Prince Charles needs to keep an eye out on these young men for he is not on trend right now................

This trend was started by prince Albert in 19th century.

:previous:
Guess times haven't changed that much after all with these royal men and their love of fancy pants and velvet slippers.......?? now all we ladies have to do is wait for the ribbons on the knee pants and white stockings with ruffles and they will really be stepping in style....:lol:

Henrik does indeed have his own monogram shoes
https://ekstrabladet.dk/incoming/26...2017-kl-1900-middag-paa-kongeskibet-dannebrog
Is Edward following into Henrik's fashion footsteps? Cause even Joachim does not have these yet:whistling:

of course Henrik has some flashier ones too
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/3f/ab/49/3fab4944086ae6e9106c4912a9911936.jpg

The voices... eeh, I mean sources have told me that Joachim has had such shoes, but that our Marie burned them. :voodoo:

And of course PH has flashier shoes. :lol:

Not that bad actually.

He's just about 1.500 km too far south. Up here in the north he would look stylish right now.
So :cool::cool: from me.

hmmm, maybe one day William will pull an Edward/Henrik with monogram slippers. Here he is with his velvet slippers and tux. No monogram...yet...
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/12/19/4743107B00000578-5171297-image-a-37_1513107628130.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/12/19/4743227C00000578-0-image-a-40_1513107690287.jpg

got to love the DM take on this
"The dapper royals donned their finery as they took to the red carpet, with William raising a few eyebrows with his choice of footwear - donning dandy-ish velvet slippers while Harry stuck to sensible brogues."

Last edited:
Agree, dapper. :cool:

The only thing really missing is a handkerchief in Harry's pocket.
Williams shoes is a step, so to speak, outside his comfort zone.

Wills needs to learn to shoot his cuffs. And Harry needs to find and use a pocket kerchief. Seriously, all it would take is another minute or a brief adjustment when getting out of the car. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom