The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-04-2018, 03:04 AM
Majesty

I have to admit Edward looks positively splendid in tartan trews and Charles really knows how to swing a kilt! But then I'm first generation Kiwi and never even realised my father had an accent!

Old 01-04-2018, 03:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

As usual we can expect Charles to do it right.
You either go all in or you don't. Charles goes as far as he can.

Whether he's got the legs for it is of course a question of taste.
It is, as you all know, a well-known fact that genuine highlanders run up and down the mountains at every possible opportunity. Thus developing muscular legs which are fit to be seen in a kilt.
(WWF has on several occasions expressed serious concern in regards to the wildlife being disturbed by the constant traffic of Scotch men, and indeed women as well, charging around the mountains.
There is a similar problem in Wales, but there it's gangs of choirs singing at full throttle who unease the wildlife.)

Old 01-06-2018, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

The belt. When I first saw the photo I thought it might be his boxers.
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...re-id901884278.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:04 PM
Aristocracy

I see what you mean. If it weren't for the buckle...
Old 01-06-2018, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

at the very least, it is not a belt to be worn in winter while your wife is in a lovely cocktail dress.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:06 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for pointing that out for I also thought it was his underwear showing and since the jacket seems to small on him and tight around the waist area he was again dressing badly .....and since there is no pictures of his brown suede shoes or did he even wear shoes this time, I wondered what was going on with him. He is in serious need of help in choosing his clothes.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

That is not a belt to be worn with a suit... too casual, too clash-y with the rest of the outfit.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I also liked Harry's casual style with the sweater. I think Meghan's been having a good influence on him.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-09-2018, 12:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I also liked Harry's casual style with the sweater. I think Meghan's been having a good influence on him.
I know right! Men can look put together also. I like her influence!
Save
Old 01-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I think Meghan's been having a good influence on him
Why do Women think they have some kind of 'right' to 'make over' their Men like this...?
Old 01-09-2018, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Why do Women think they have some kind of 'right' to 'make over' their Men like this...?
I don't think it's women think they have the right to make over men. But in general, women seem to have more of an interest in clothing than men (with exceptions of course). And really, no one is forcing them to. The men can wear something else if they don't like it. However, I do know a few guys that were more than happy to hand over the shopping to their girlfriends/wives once they were in a relationship.

And really, Harry's clothes have improved. I'm glad to see his navy suit is finally getting a break.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Because we can.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Because we can.
Thank you for your disarming frankness..

MANY Women I know 'make over their Men' by stealth.. throwing away items of his clothing bit by bit [un-noticed] , until NOTHING remains except what THEY consider suitable. or have purchased FOR him.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Perhaps Harry enjoys putting more effort into how he dresses with a fashionable fiancé by his side.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:56 PM
Serene Highness

I rather enjoy Harry's more GQ look. He looks less messy. That said, I don't think his style has overall changed. He is just a bit more put together and you can tell Meghan as suggested things like that sweater. They coordinate a lot I notice too. Not too matchy but just enough to blend together.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Most (hetero) men seem to be happy enough to let them.

LaRae
Old 01-09-2018, 04:01 PM
Majesty

Indeed, Harry does seem to be expanding his wardrobe and I will be the first to say that wearing one of his ubiquitous blue suits minus a tie does not qualify as "casual" dress. His jumper looked a whole lot better over a shirt with no tie,

He also seems to have invested in more coats which is also common sense as, if you are going to be outside you may as well be warm. Doing away with the suit made him look much more approachable and gave an altogether more relaxed vibe.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Because we can.
Congratulations, you've won the Remark-of-the-Day Award.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Look, anytime Harry or Wills buys something new and NOT BLUE I fall to my knees with gratitude. Olive. He was wearing olive and was not on active duty. And a grey sweater. And grey chukkas (how great was that - styling the chukkas with the sweater). I don't care if he is just getting stuff to impress her or she is influencing him. It does not matter to me. It matters that he is wearing more than 3 shirts in rotation and one same old suit.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Because we can.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Love the response because it is so true! I did it with my husband when we first got together. Why? Because I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Look, anytime Harry or Wills buys something new and NOT BLUE I fall to my knees with gratitude. Olive. He was wearing olive and was not on active duty. And a grey sweater. And grey chukkas (how great was that - styling the chukkas with the sweater). I don't care if he is just getting stuff to impress her or she is influencing him. It does not matter to me. It matters that he is wearing more than 3 shirts in rotation and one same old suit.
OMG THIS! Harry looks stylish, and far more approachable. I wonder if Meghan can give some hints to Kate to help out William...