Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 4: December 2017 - September 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a touching Xmas scene that will be! I can believe it of the others. But Harry likes old worn out shoes himself. Sometimes with holes in the soles. What if he refuses to part with this pair?

My precious! :alien: They are mine! Forever!

But the edges of those shoes are polished! I've always thought Harry must have been yelled at A LOT while in the military over his shoes. :lol:

That's why Harry loved filed exercises. His boots got muddy and dirty and nice... :D

I am surprised that Victoria didn't straighten it. Perhaps she thought he looked cute (he'd look a whole lot cuter if he had a lighter hand with the hair product).

:previous: agree both Daniel and Carl Philip should go lighter and the hair products.

Frederik today looking sharp at the ITS World Congress
https://www.seoghoer.dk/sites/seogh...blic/media/article/20180917_wen_-_frede_3.jpg :cool:
lovely red tie
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn1KviRnyUC/?utm_source=ig_embed

Philippe in the no cars event yesterday
https://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:140042553:1800x650:w?v=5b6ff8d3&m=eiiaffmi
He certainly followed the pink family theme
https://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:140042550:1800x650:w?v=5b6ff8d3&m=nlgcfpdg :D

Dapper. :cool:

I like his tie too.

And behold! Black and well-polished shoes! :D

King Phillipe ain't bad either. Appropriately casual for the event. Albeit his shirt is a little too pinkish for my personal taste.

A welcome change from some of the horrors we have seen recently. ;)

I don’t understand why Daniel is so obsessed with double breasted coats at the moment. IMHO, they make him look heavier and older - neither of which he is!

Dapper. :cool:

I like his tie too.

And behold! Black and well-polished shoes! [emoji3]

King Phillipe ain't bad either. Appropriately casual for the event. Albeit his shirt is a little too pinkish for my personal taste.

A welcome change from some of the horrors we have seen recently. ;)
It is amazing how much difference a highly polished pair of shoes can make. It is also amazing how relaxing it is to polish a pair of shoes to that sort of shine. Bet he's never done them himself though.

Im sure he has polished at least his boots during his military days. ;) Who knows he might enjoy doing it himself:lol:

I don’t understand why Daniel is so obsessed with double breasted coats at the moment. IMHO, they make him look heavier and older - neither of which he is!

Agree 100% Not my favorite style :flowers:

You mean the dude without a tie, a shirt buttoned down to his waist and a mode of walking like he has been riding pigs for the past 80 years? -
Nah.

That really is a cool tie Frederik is wearing. :cool:
It's a pity so many royal men rarely add a bit of color to their ties. :sad::sad:
But... eh, Frederik polishing shoes? I can imagine him getting into a zen-like state in several ways, like sitting of a hill in Greenland and just let time pass, but polishing shoes, or silverware or what not ain't on my list. ?
Otherwise he would have bound and gagged Haakon a long time ago and had him suspended from a branch while polishing Haakon's shoes. :D

:previous: LOL I was referring to the shoes of the 3 men next to Haakon;)
Agree on Frederik's tie. Just the right bit of color completes an outfit. :cool:

Now William today in his usually blue suit and blue tie :sleep::sad: ... Now the gentleman next to him, that is a suit! and I think William could rock it if only he would try
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/09...or_a_photograph_followi-a-6_1537285193149.jpg
oh and William should bring back his beard.

:previous: Well, the booties the lady is wearing would be an improvement in regards to Haakon's footwear. :D

As to William, let's us be frank: Either you can grow a beard or you can't, William can't, so he shouldn't.

I have to say, Frederik wears his clothes very very well. Everything coordinates beautifully most of the time, shirts, ties, no ratty shoes. He is a dapper man, and a credit to Denmark!

White shoes with a dark suit?!? :eek:
Turtleneck?!? :eek:

That's the worst I've ever seen from Daniel. He gets ??? from me!

Victoria must have been really mad at him that morning when she decided what Daniel was to wear! I mean seriously mad! :voodoo:

And before anyone is up in arms, I'll just point out that all wives eventually end up deciding what their husbands are to wear. Those of you who disagree just haven't reached that stage - yet... ;)
It's a way for our wives to take control and it's better that way anyway. But on occasion they use this privilege to dish out some serious payback! As is evident with Daniel. :ermm:

and now for a big YIKES!
Double-Breasted pinstripe suit, with a turtleneck shirt and white shoes :eek:
of course it's Daniel
https://static.vk.se/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/I7A0419-vkwp-694.jpg
https://static.vk.se/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Prins_Daniel_AA_3-vkwp-694.jpg
Daniel looks very much on trend with what young professional men wear in the big cities of Sweden at the moment so it's a very suitable look to wear when meeting young entrepreneurs. . I've also seen the look in Copenhagen many times. I wore a turtleneck and a suit to the theatre last weekend myself. I don't own any white shoes though but that's only because it's a drag keeping them clean.

Last edited:
Daniel looks very much on trend with what young professional men wear in the big cities of Sweden at the moment so it's a very suitable look to wear when meeting young entrepreneurs. . I've also seen the look in Copenhagen many times. I wore a turtleneck and a suit to the theatre last weekend myself. I don't own any white shoes though but that's only because it's a drag keeping them clean.

I also think that it's definitley one of his better looks. He looks cool:cool:

Except for the white shoes, I think he looks great.
And no, after 15 years I still have no say in what my husband wears. And he doesn't have one in my choices either. [emoji38][emoji38]

Here is more on Daniel's turtleneck and tennis shoes from Svensk Damtidning: https://www.svenskdam.se/2018/09/prins-daniels-nya-stil-polo-och-gymnastikskor/#comments

The comments from the readers are pretty typical of the publication and they go from "Yeah, he looks okay" - to "Did I almost drown?!? But I was only looking up at the rain!"

And I must, with considerable regret, retract my previous theory that it was Victoria who in a fit of rage "persuaded" Daniel to wear this novelty ensemble. She was in New York at the time. :ohmy:
However, this is what happens ladies, when you leave your husbands behind without proper instructions on what to wear.
Without proper guidance from Victoria, Daniel ended up putting on things at total random and the result was as you can see - interesting... :argh::doh:

Last edited:

Good heavens! Are you saying this has become a Swedish trend?!? :eek:

ADDED: I've done some research.
It turns out there is a kind of 68'er rebellion going on in the major cities in Sweden these months. Male hipsters have begun to wear turtlenecks and white shoes - during weekends of course. No Swede would ever rebel Monday to Friday, that would be disorderly. :ohmy:
Wearing their uniform clothes they celebrate their individualism and head for the town of Gothenburg in their Volvos, discreetly adorned with flowers. With their car stereos turned way up to volume 3, they sing: "If you're going to Gothenburg, be sure to wear a turtleneck and a flower in your hair..."
Once in Gothenburg they all congregate on the main square, chewing snuff and listening to music played on accordions until 23.40 where they all head back to their Volvos with the attached caravan and go to sleep. Dizzy with excitement after a day of rebelling against the system.
The next day, Sunday, the really wild ones sleep late and skip the morning jog between 9.30-9.50 which is otherwise required activity for all able-bodied Swedes on Sundays.
Having eaten breakfast they all head home.

This social revolution has caused a considerable stir in Sweden! Especially as some of the turtlenecks, as they are called, have expressed a temptation not to wear a suit and tie come Monday! :eek:

I must confess I'm deeply surprised to see Daniel jumping on this bandwagon. We must hope that this midlife crisis of Daniel, where he is running wild, ends when Victoria returns. Otherwise who knows how this will turn out! I shudder at the thought. :ermm:

Last edited:
Oh dear, I don't know how to be kind but Daniel, your wife must love you so much to let you actually own turtleneck sweaters, but to let you wear them. I feel I must tell you that you really do look like a turtle from the shoulders up, albeit wearing spectacles. Needless to say, this is not a good look and as sexy as my great-grandmother's nightgown. Either lose the suit jacket or lose the turtleneck, your choice.

Harry's brown suede booties are actually quite nice, however, should the soles start to spread and the sides sag, it would be a good idea to send them off to a new home. I hear someone in Norway is on the lookout for spares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom