Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 4: December 2017 - September 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I don't think Denmark nor France need feel ashamed of our male representatives at this visit.
President Macron's choice of ties were perhaps a little boring. And for that he gets a ?

But on the other hand, apart from Frederik's lively tie, there was no wow-factor either.

Yes, I don't think Denmark nor France need feel ashamed of our male representatives at this visit.
President Macron's choice of ties were perhaps a little boring. And for that he gets a ?

But on the other hand, apart from Frederik's lively tie, there was no wow-factor either.

here is your wow factor :cool:
https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/118/1187010/21948696-.jpg
Nothing better than a man in uniform. It makes Frederik extra handsome :flowers:

but yes very boring ties for the President

Perhaps President Macron was restraining himself in order to allow Frederik to shine? And yes, Frederik looks great in uniform!

:previous: I'll take that one, Curryong. :lol:

This is merely to illustrate my pet-point that it is all in the details: https://files.svenskdam.se/uploads/2018/08/joachim-marie-ibl.jpg

Any man can figure out (well, many can't even do that!) to fold a handkerchief and stick it down the pocket. But the extra touch is if you fold it differently from time to time and in interesting way. As seen in this photo.

It's akin to a table napkin. If you got a square table napkin, most simply fold it in half and that's it. The extra touch is if you fold it in various ways.
It's the details that adds up and give something that extra touch. :cool:

:previous:
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! :ohmy:

Haakon's shoes are now in such a poor state, that it's really not that funny anymore.
They are even past the stage where the family-dog will be happy to chew them!

But that's where his close friend Joachim comes in. ?
Joachim has also noticed the hopeless state of Haakon's shoes, so he has taken upon himself to provide Haakon with a new pair. But as you know, Haakon has an aversion against wearing anything new, so Joachim is breaking the shoes in for him. And when they are worn a little (using the Joachim definition of "worn") they will be presented to Haakon on Christmas Eve, ready to jump into. ?
It's true. Joachim phoned me and told me. - I know because the voice on the phone said: It's Joachim.

Now, to Frederik.
Casual, yes. But to honest, pretty boring.
Blue on blue on blue? Come on. - I've seen morticians dress more colorful.
Frederik get's ?? from me.

Perhaps Haakon has a bet with an army buddy/college roommate/cousin that he can wear only one pair of daytime shoes until their next reunion?

I meant to post this earlier re: Charles at the Braemar games. Whatever that tartan is, maroon socks and orange red flashes, navy blazer (or whatever the Scots call it), a tie that matches the tartan really well, all the required gear to go with the kilt , AND the heather shirt. All next to HM in turquoise.

I don't care if there was thought behind that shirt to match the podium flora - it looked a horror. And I know, because I HAVE SEEN IT, that Charles often takes the time to match his tie to what his wife wears. He needed to do that here with his Mom. Or at least not go out of his way to clash not only with himself, but with her as well.

So for him to bring out this mishmash to be seated and appear standing next to Liz in this color makes me crazy. I am acrimonious. I've also just come off reading some hyperbole on other fashion threads. ;)

And if you look around the Games, no one else is hashing up the kilt kit like Charles is. The vibrant dancers go to great pains to match it up. Everyone else looks quite dull, as dull accessorizing is how this is done. When you have a man purse dangling, a staff and a knife in your sock, less is more.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-pro...7062.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=768:*.

Charles delivers! He is sensei. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

We can always discuss whether a man who is not born a highlander, looks good in a kilt - knee-wise, but his attire is perfect.
Every details is there and it's perfect.

- He even remembers to sit with his knees together.

Could you imagine, say... Haakon trying to dress up in a similar manner? ?
It would result in the most heated clan-gathering since Cullodden! :viking::viking:

Yes, Charles's attire at the Braemar Games was a mishmash. If he had worn a white shirt and a plain tie in the same colour as his socks it might have looked better. His jacket and waistcoat did harmonise with Anne's coat, though.

Photo released by GQ when announcing his GQ Philanthropy award:

He really is a man for all seasons and his wit is rapier sharp.

That's how to do it!
Shirtsleeves showing - check.
Double breasted - check.
Butterfly no wider than his lapels, but no shorter either - check.
Flower in the button hole/a pin on his lapel - check.
Funny handkerchief folded in a different way - check.
- All the details are there.
So he can allow himself to be nonchalant and place a hand in his pocket. :cool:
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Something different (compaired to his usual style) for Prince Harry today, September 13, during a visit to the Royal Marines Commnado Training Centre in Lympstone:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I think he needs some help! lol LOVE the jacket but the pants ...not right for that jacket.

LaRae

Yes, pretty astonishing, and on the whole an improvement on how Harry usually dresses himself. Are they a new pair of pants? But brown suede shoes, I see. Is he wearing them in for Haakon?

I agree with Curryong, a definite improvement but still only half complete.
A dark jacket with light pants is a no no.

And, well, perhaps I shouldn't tell you this. But Harry really is breaking in a pair of shoes for Haakon. There has been a royal gettogether and here a number of royal men, in Haakon size, decided to purchase brown shoes and "make them homely" before presenting them to Haakon as a communal present for Christmas.
So on the 24th December Haakon will open a present containing eight pairs of brown shoes, slightly worn, as he prefers them. :santa3:

It all started with Albert of Monaco nailing Haakon's beloved shoes to the wall of a chalet in February. Haakon's male colleagues were reduced to hysterical laughter when they saw a teary eyed Haakon painstakingly pulling out 28 nails in order to free his shoes from the chalet. That explains why Haakon use galoshes these days.
So it was decided to get Haakon some new, worn, shoes.

It's true, William phoned me and told me. He speaks brilliant Danish BTW. ?

What a touching Xmas scene that will be! I can believe it of the others. But Harry likes old worn out shoes himself. Sometimes with holes in the soles. What if he refuses to part with this pair?

Last edited:
I think he needs some help! lol LOVE the jacket but the pants ...not right for that jacket.

LaRae
Very classic smart casual dress for British gents.

Nothing about his outfit today is smart casual dress.

LaRae

Yes, pretty astonishing, and on the whole an improvement on how Harry usually dresses himself. Are they a new pair of pants? But brown suede shoes, I see. Is he wearing them in for Haakon?

But the edges of those shoes are polished! I've always thought Harry must have been yelled at A LOT while in the military over his shoes. :lol:

Black blazer and tan pants is an unexpected look for Harry--is his blue suit at the cleaners? This is a standard less-formal business look in a lot of places, and it certainly looks good on him!

And, well, perhaps I shouldn't tell you this. But Harry really is breaking in a pair of shoes for Haakon. There has been a royal gettogether and here a number of royal men, in Haakon size, decided to purchase brown shoes and "make them homely" before presenting them to Haakon as a communal present for Christmas.
So on the 24th December Haakon will open a present containing eight pairs of brown shoes, slightly worn, as he prefers them. :santa3:

It all started with Albert of Monaco nailing Haakon's beloved shoes to the wall of a chalet in February. Haakon's male colleagues were reduced to hysterical laughter when they saw a teary eyed Haakon painstakingly pulling out 28 nails in order to free his shoes from the chalet. That explains why Haakon use galoshes these days.

:lol::lol::lol:

It's true, William phoned me and told me. He speaks brilliant Danish BTW. [emoji2]
Very funny. Keep going, Pl don't stop.

thank you for sharing this royal Christmas tradition with us :lol:
It's really the only explanation for Haakon's horrible shoes ;)

Harry is okay but the pants are a no. Badly fitted, bot the right material for the upper part of his look
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...nk_of_Lieutenant_with-m-110_1536835355234.jpg

I like those shoes!!! On both gentlemen. *pouts*
[emoji16][emoji16]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom