Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 3: October 2016 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we have the true reason for PH "retiring".
He saw King Mohammed and felt usurped.
Finally a royal with a more wacky style in clothes then him. :D
Have the two gentlemen ever been seen together?

Hahaha.
The two of them together. Now that would be something.

:previous:
the T_shirt come from the Moroccan brand "Rock da Kasbah" cost 30 Euro,Lalla Salma bought it to her husband couple of days ago when she visited the "3 Rue Majorelle" store in Marrakch.

What in the name of the holy teapot is he wearing. :eek:

Are those jackets hand-me-downs from Charlie Chaplin?!? :ermm:

This is truly an accomplishment. First to manage to find and put together such an outfit but the bravery of wearing such a thing - and in public.
We can truly say that King Phillipe has ventured out where few men dare tread. (By an unfortunate oversight there doesn't seem to be a decoration among the smilies).

But I'd like to know, what is Phillips excuse?
We have Haakon, he's Norwegian and that pretty much explains everything.
Then we have PH, and there is no known cure for that...
And King Mohammed seems to be a kindred spirit.
But King Phillip... Is it something in the Belgian chocolates or perhaps it's the result of reading too many comics?

:previous::whistling::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sadly 2017 has started the same fashion mess as always for Haakon
http://www.kongehuset.no/aim/kongeh...b233abae80926b8d2cfe8253ea3d5877aff025944.jpg
again too casual pants for the formal jacket he is wearing. It looks like he was getting dressed top first and then forgot to change his pants.

I do not know why he keeps insisting on wearing those ugly brown shoes, putting rubber covers over them:bang: He can get new and different shoes, appropriate for the weather.
http://g.api.no/obscura/API/dynamic...17/1/12/10/2017-01-12+10.38.22.jpg?chk=6497AD
the other 4 men are very elegantly dressed

Well, at least he's half-well-dressed. - From the waist up. :D

There is of course a perfectly rational explanation:
I've heard from reliable sources (*) that Haakon started out fine, putting on a shirt, tied a tie (albeit with some difficulty it seems) and put on a nice jacket.
Then he went Norwegian. - I.e. he gazed out the window across a fjord (they are everywhere in Norway you know), and entered a state blissful enthrallment.
From that second he would have put on anything to cover his legs. He would have put on a pair a waders if that was the first thing he grabbed. And never even noticed.
That his adjutants are correctly attired is only due to iron-discipline.

(*) Or perhaps I dreamed it... It's not always clear. :ermm:

Last edited:
Well, at least he's half-well-dressed. - From the waist up. :D

There is of course a perfectly rational explanation:
I've heard from reliable sources (*) that Haakon started out fine, putting on a shirt, tied a tie (albeit with some difficulty it seems) and put on a nice jacket.
Then he went Norwegian. - I.e. he gazed out the window across a fjord (they are everywhere in Norway you know), and entered a state blissful enthrallment.
From that second he would have put on anything to cover his legs. He would have put on a pair a waders if that was the first thing he grabbed. And never even noticed.
That his adjutants are correctly attired is only due to iron-discipline.

(*) Or perhaps I dreamed it... It's not always clear. :ermm:

? I love your fashion comments Muhler.

:previous: Ditto!

Isn't it great to see the year is off to such a splendid start? Better still, that this started as a serious fashion thread? Let's face it, a dinner suit is a dinner suit, a uniform is a uniform, white tie is white tie and so, inevitably this thread celebrates that which deviates from the norm, the stable and the boring.

We celebrate stunning sartorial breakouts and pillory those sartorial disasters or eclectic catastrophes visited upon us be an ever increasing number of royal men. Who could forget Fred's blue velvet dinner jacket or Joachims red one? And as for Prince Henrik . . . well, the scope is limitless.

I look forward to a jam-packed 2017 filled with sensational sartorial wonder from the best of the royal men of the world.

When Prince William and Catherine, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, arrive for the annual evening reception for members of the Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace, I was surprise about his shoes with the bow, now by chance I came acroos with the website that sells them
Handmade Patent Pumps

and also I had been seen the Prince Herik from Denmark with this slippers :
Mens & Ladies Monogram Slippers Personalised Slippers

When Prince William and Catherine, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, arrive for the annual evening reception for members of the Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace, I was surprise about his shoes with the bow, now by chance I came acroos with the website that sells them
Handmade Patent Pumps

and also I had been seen the Prince Herik from Denmark with this slippers :
Mens & Ladies Monogram Slippers Personalised Slippers

Given how unimaginative he is about clothing, I'm very sure someone got these for him. Or forced him at gunpoint to get them. Seriously - are they required with the rest of the outfit? Beau Brummel is pleased in his grave.

Given how unimaginative he is about clothing, I'm very sure someone got these for him. Or forced him at gunpoint to get them. Seriously - are they required with the rest of the outfit? Beau Brummel is pleased in his grave.
I know they look more a ballerina shoes for girls! but in the website said the house of lords use it too! They should to update this look!:ROFLMAO:

Very well dressed, albeit it bit tight...

He looks like the archetypical bouncer from the 50's and early 60's. They were three times as wide as any normal man, yet dressed with almost feminine care.

Muhler - he does put it out there. I preferred the grey suit on this trip, but that might have been because the horse made him look so good. ;) What do you think about the nose? Once I see it in a photo, I have problems seeing anything else. But I appreciate the choice to not fix it if he has no medical issues resulting from it. Can such a nose be a styling asset for men?

Last edited:
My dear AdmirerUS, allow me to give you a little insight into male psychology.

Men are not ugly - we have character. :cool:

Men who have wrinkles and grey hair are mature and wise. :cool:

Men who are bald and hirsute are sexy. :cool:

Men with a beer-belly.... I mean - who are well-rounded are at ease and rest within themselves. :cool:

Proof: Go to any beach and you'll see hordes, nay, processions of middle-aged, balding, hairy-backed men with beer guts spilling over their smallest possible speedos, (Speedos it must take them several minutes to pry off!) prancing up and down the beach utterly convinced of their overwhelming masculine influence on any female (or anything resembling a female) present.

Life is unfair, isn't it, ladies? :D

- On the other hand some men like say Leonardo di Caprio are universally hated by other (hetero) men!
So when you succeed in getting us to watch say Titanic with you, it's partly to earn some brownie points, but just as much because we look forward to and enjoy seeing him freeze to death. :voodoo: - King of the world, yeah, but not for long... :champagne::D
It's an interesting phenomenon. Presumably because we can't identify ourselves with Leonardo. While we, with a minimal stretch of the imagination, can easily identify ourselves with say Sean Connery.

So to answer your question: He wouldn't dream of having his nose fixed.
That's a "battle-scar" to be worn with pride.
And thus ends today's psychology lesson. :graduate:

Last edited:
Muhler - with that you get a nomination for most effective use of emojis in the month on January. ;)

I know they look more a ballerina shoes for girls! but in the website said the house of lords use it too! They should to update this look!:ROFLMAO:

They are simply part of the usually-worn men's formal Court Dress, along with the breeches, orders and decorations, etc.

:previous: They are not "simply" anything. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Yes, tradition, we get it now.

One of the greenest and strangest jacket I've ever seen ;)

Prince Henrik at the finals of the Copenhagen Bridge Invitational 2017 yesterday, January 22:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

:previous: yikes :eek: that is a color you can see with your eyes closed lol :lol:
I feel like I've seen it before...it is so Henrik

:eek: all I can think is "is it already st Patrick's day" :ROFLMAO:

If nothing else, Henrik definitely makes male fashion less boring.

Frederik does look smart and usually keeps up with the latest trends in male clothing. I wonder whether Fred will emulate his father and we will see more and more daring fashion choices from him as he gets older. In a way I hope so.

:previous: Well, Henrik has a certain 'style' all his own. It's a bit flamboyant and "in your face" but it is unique nonetheless. Whatever else we are, bored isn't one of them and sometimes we feel we need brillo pads for our eyeballs, but hey, it's a hoot.

Fredrik used to look like a schoolboy it a suit whereas his younger brother Joachim looked suave. Now, as time passes, Frederik looks suave, even debonair in a suit and is just starting to show his own personal "flair". But, he has a ways to go to catch up with Joachim's royal blue and maroon velvet dinner jackets, not mention his camoflage monstosity. :blink:

Yes indeed, we have years of entertainment to come from the men of the DRF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom