The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-14-2017, 01:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

When Prince William and Catherine, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, arrive for the annual evening reception for members of the Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace, I was surprise about his shoes with the bow, now by chance I came acroos with the website that sells them
Handmade Patent Pumps

and also I had been seen the Prince Herik from Denmark with this slippers :
Mens & Ladies Monogram Slippers Personalised Slippers

Old 01-14-2017, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
When Prince William and Catherine, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, arrive for the annual evening reception for members of the Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace, I was surprise about his shoes with the bow, now by chance I came acroos with the website that sells them
Handmade Patent Pumps

and also I had been seen the Prince Herik from Denmark with this slippers :
Mens & Ladies Monogram Slippers Personalised Slippers
Given how unimaginative he is about clothing, I'm very sure someone got these for him. Or forced him at gunpoint to get them. Seriously - are they required with the rest of the outfit? Beau Brummel is pleased in his grave.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:29 PM
Royal Highness

Fans of Mike Tindall will enjoy this

Mike Tindall competes in fashion event at Magic Millions race day | Daily Mail Online

Love his dimples!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-15-2017, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Given how unimaginative he is about clothing, I'm very sure someone got these for him. Or forced him at gunpoint to get them. Seriously - are they required with the rest of the outfit? Beau Brummel is pleased in his grave.
I know they look more a ballerina shoes for girls! but in the website said the house of lords use it too! They should to update this look!
Old 01-16-2017, 07:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Very well dressed, albeit it bit tight...

He looks like the archetypical bouncer from the 50's and early 60's. They were three times as wide as any normal man, yet dressed with almost feminine care.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Very well dressed, albeit it bit tight...

He looks like the archetypical bouncer from the 50's and early 60's. They were three times as wide as any normal man, yet dressed with almost feminine care.
Muhler - he does put it out there. I preferred the grey suit on this trip, but that might have been because the horse made him look so good. What do you think about the nose? Once I see it in a photo, I have problems seeing anything else. But I appreciate the choice to not fix it if he has no medical issues resulting from it. Can such a nose be a styling asset for men?
Old 01-16-2017, 09:41 AM
Majesty

My dear AdmirerUS, allow me to give you a little insight into male psychology.

Men are not ugly - we have character.

Men who have wrinkles and grey hair are mature and wise.

Men who are bald and hirsute are sexy.

Men with a beer-belly.... I mean - who are well-rounded are at ease and rest within themselves.

Proof: Go to any beach and you'll see hordes, nay, processions of middle-aged, balding, hairy-backed men with beer guts spilling over their smallest possible speedos, (Speedos it must take them several minutes to pry off!) prancing up and down the beach utterly convinced of their overwhelming masculine influence on any female (or anything resembling a female) present.

Life is unfair, isn't it, ladies?

- On the other hand some men like say Leonardo di Caprio are universally hated by other (hetero) men!
So when you succeed in getting us to watch say Titanic with you, it's partly to earn some brownie points, but just as much because we look forward to and enjoy seeing him freeze to death. - King of the world, yeah, but not for long...
It's an interesting phenomenon. Presumably because we can't identify ourselves with Leonardo. While we, with a minimal stretch of the imagination, can easily identify ourselves with say Sean Connery.

So to answer your question: He wouldn't dream of having his nose fixed.
That's a "battle-scar" to be worn with pride.
And thus ends today's psychology lesson.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Muhler - with that you get a nomination for most effective use of emojis in the month on January.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I know they look more a ballerina shoes for girls! but in the website said the house of lords use it too! They should to update this look!
They are simply part of the usually-worn men's formal Court Dress, along with the breeches, orders and decorations, etc.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

They are not "simply" anything. Yes, tradition, we get it now.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:16 PM
Majesty

is this a new suit on William? I like it
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...4666712620.jpg
anything besides the blue suit is great! in fact not even a blue tie, well done

Frederik last week, excellent suit and tie, very nice shoes too
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2017/PPE17011225.jpg
Old 01-23-2017, 06:00 AM
Administrator

One of the greenest and strangest jacket I've ever seen

Prince Henrik at the finals of the Copenhagen Bridge Invitational 2017 yesterday, January 22:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 01-23-2017, 01:00 PM
Majesty

yikes that is a color you can see with your eyes closed lol
I feel like I've seen it before...it is so Henrik
Old 01-23-2017, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

all I can think is "is it already st Patrick's day"

If nothing else, Henrik definitely makes male fashion less boring.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

King Mohammed VI lookinh cool and dowdy again
https://s30.postimg.org/nd0r460bl/Sc...22_27_06_1.png
Old 01-28-2017, 04:01 PM
Majesty

Frederik today at the inaguaration of the Royal Arena, perfecting the casual but formal look.
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...50&oe=594A4362
really like the coat
http://ekstrabladet.dk/incoming/7gwj...af-royal-arena

for those who prefer him in a nice suit, a few days ago. really nice tie, makes the outfit pop
http://kendte.dk/wp-content/uploads/...we-610x407.jpg
Old 01-28-2017, 04:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
King Mohammed VI lookinh cool and dowdy again
https://s30.postimg.org/nd0r460bl/Sc...22_27_06_1.png
For once I really, and in complete honesty, don't know what to say...
But I've booked an appointment with my psychiatrist.

If King Mohammed and Haakon were to meet they would probably spontaneously annihilate each other, just like antimatter versus ordinary matter.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Frederik today at the inaguaration of the Royal Arena, perfecting the casual but formal look.
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...50&oe=594A4362
really like the coat
http://ekstrabladet.dk/incoming/7gwj...af-royal-arena
On that occasion a tie seemed conspicuously absent, when one regards the gentlemen he was with
Old 01-28-2017, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Frederik does look smart and usually keeps up with the latest trends in male clothing. I wonder whether Fred will emulate his father and we will see more and more daring fashion choices from him as he gets older. In a way I hope so.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:46 AM
Majesty

Well, Henrik has a certain 'style' all his own. It's a bit flamboyant and "in your face" but it is unique nonetheless. Whatever else we are, bored isn't one of them and sometimes we feel we need brillo pads for our eyeballs, but hey, it's a hoot.

Fredrik used to look like a schoolboy it a suit whereas his younger brother Joachim looked suave. Now, as time passes, Frederik looks suave, even debonair in a suit and is just starting to show his own personal "flair". But, he has a ways to go to catch up with Joachim's royal blue and maroon velvet dinner jackets, not mention his camoflage monstosity.

Yes indeed, we have years of entertainment to come from the men of the DRF!