Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 3: October 2016 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And both Harry and the blue-soled booby look very cute! Also, besides the shoes Harry thankfully gave the blue suit a miss for this latest outing, opting for dark grey with a blue shirt. However, I'm afraid that the Wales brothers both have a million miles to go before they can reach the impressive suavity of the Dane siblings. Are we likely to see William in a midnight blue tux jacket at the BAFTAS, for instance? No, not in our lifetimes!

King Muhammed is officially in a league of his own! :D

As for Joachim. That's a (rare) fail. His tie is "dripping". That's why gentlemen wear double-breasted suits.

:previous: Well we cannot fail to notice he has his own 'personal' style from which I am guessing this was not a formal engagement. :lol:

Eeh... Thank you, Mademoiselle Lilo :shock:

I suspect you have a very wicked sense of humor. :D

I wonder whether King Muhammed going retro to the 70's with the very wide lapels is by design or due to his... generous body-shape?

i have to admit Muhler i find his style very amusing,and honestly i don't find any fault in his funny clothes he is always very well dressed for official events and engagements there is nothing wrong in go for frumpy and crazy outfits whild he is out of the official acts Imo .

:previous: Now that PH is retiring, we need to find someone new to carry the torch. And the quest is over. King Muhammed is a truly worthy successor. :notworthy: Albeit with a different style.

I'm sure King Muhammed, just like PH, dress correctly when on the job. - He is just a little bit... eh... eccentric. And being fairly young I'm sure we can look forward to many interesting fashion choices in the future.
I for one will look very much forward to what King Muhammed will wear next.

He's one of the country's best-dressed men, with a penchant for Savile Row tailoring and some of the country's finest fashion minds on call to help select his attire. When the Duke of Cambridge steps out in public, you can be sure that his appearance is the result of time and careful attention.

Hence eyebrows were raised this morning when the second in line to the throne arrived at a charity appearance with what can best be described as ankle-tickling trousers. They were paired with a matching suit jacket, open-necked white shirt, and brown casual shoes.

Traditional tailoring would cut the trousers to rest gently on the top of the shoe, bringing about a small break or crumple in the line of the fabric. However, there has been a trend in recent years for 'hipster' trousers, which are cut shorter to show off the top of the shoe and even the sock.

Given the meticulous and predominantly traditional nature of the Prince's wardrobe, it was difficult to discern whether or not the jauntily high trouser cut was intended. Could it be that our future king is reinventing himself as a bit of a hipster?

"Cropped trousers have been a mainstay on the menswear catwalks for a while now," says The Telegraph's men's style editor Stephen Doig. "At least we can be thankful that HRH didn't take inspiration from the more edgy realms of the men's style world and opt for baggy, cropped basketball-style trousers à la Givenchy, Craig Green and Off-White.
Read more: Introducing His Royal Hipster, the Duke of Cambridge

William will know where to borrow a beanie to start being a hipster [emoji6]

William's always worn his pants a shade too tight, especially around the groin area, as has been observed here several times. If this is combined with a cropped length, it's not going to be a pretty sight!

So cropped pants are in now?

I'll give that about six months max! Certainly in Northern Europe.
While women may be willing to freeze various bodyparts off, in the name of fashion, men won't! - Because guess who ends up walking the hipster-dog in the evening? When it's cold, rainy and snow is falling? :D

There are however men, I won't mention Haakon, for whom cropped pants is simply a by-product of not being the least interested in fashion. But they are naturals, so they don't really count.

Anyway, I've never really figured out what a hipster is? :ermm:

Hmm, I'm a little confused by William's latest outfit - I don't think the shoes go with the trousers....it reminds me a little of Haakon's favourite pair of slip-ons!

As for the cut of the trousers, an inch longer and I think they would have looked ok.

On a side-note, hipster is defined as being "a person who follows the latest trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream" defining exactly what that means is not easy as there is an entire look and variations thereof: - beards, checked shirts, tattoos, cropped trousers, boots, braces and a pompadour hairstyle - all in various combinations and colours - then there are various combinations of these elements that might define one as a hipster.

As such, I'm not so sure one pair of suit trousers cut too short makes William a hipster or particularly trendy.

Hmm, I'm a little confused by William's latest outfit - I don't think the shoes go with the trousers....it reminds me a little of Haakon's favourite pair of slip-ons!

As for the cut of the trousers, an inch longer and I think they would have looked ok.

On a side-note, hipster is defined as being "a person who follows the latest trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream" defining exactly what that means is not easy as there is an entire look and variations thereof: - beards, checked shirts, tattoos, cropped trousers, boots, braces and a pompadour hairstyle - all in various combinations and colours - then there are various combinations of these elements that might define one as a hipster.

As such, I'm not so sure one pair of suit trousers cut too short makes William a hipster or particularly trendy.

Spotlight: The Albert Slipper | Black Tie Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom