Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 3: October 2016 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Frederik with his... ahem... gesture saying: In your face! My fashion sense is more vibrant than yours! To his BRF counterparts? :D

Haakon needs to be put in quarantine! Otherwise this will spread outside royal circles! I appeal to you women: Would you like to see your husbands/fathers/boyfriends/sons/brothers wear such shoes? If not, take action now!
Stop them from ever seeing, let alone meeting Haakon. If they see his shoes, they are lost to the brown side. - It's a genetic thing with men, especially husbands. When we see a pair of well-worn comfortable shoes, we wants them! - My precious...
- Sorry, got carried away, I'll be well again when the medication starts to work.

Last edited:
Harry is due to visit Denmark soon and I'll be interested in whether he takes Old Faithful, the blue suit with him, complete with Haakon-wear shoes. He will be meeting the Queen and Joachim. Will he break out and take advantage of Fred's red pants deal? After all he's in Henrik,Frederik, Joachim territory. Will he let the Brit side down? My bet is ---probably!

:previous: What would be the reaction in Britain I wonder, if Harry gets bitten by Frederik and starts to wear scarlet pants?
Let alone begins to wear Joachim's refreshing velvet jackets?

Will he start a new trend? :cool: Or will it be the Tower? :ermm:

Whatever the outcome, don't ever send him to Morocco!

:previous: What would be the reaction in Britain I wonder, if Harry gets bitten by Frederik and starts to wear scarlet pants?
Let alone begins to wear Joachim's refreshing velvet jackets?

Refreshing velvet jackets...??
You mean Joachim's very red, velvet Hugh Hefner jacket :eek:
And to top that off with his preetty pink pants...?
That's pink, Muhler, not "reddish"...

I'm not sure how to describe the third image - a symphony of dull blue? Blue can be such a vibrant colour depending on the tone and what other colours you choose.

It's Autumn, rich fabrics in reds, oranges, yellows, browns and greens would look so much better!

me thinks Harry should stay away from oranges lol ;)
Luckily he is not visiting Belgium anytime soon
https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/im...pe-pictures-monarch-Queen-Mathilde-900675.jpg
but yes more color! anything but blue

:previous: Jacknch-Denmark's CP Frederik has heard your plea and is offering a two for one deal on men's red pants. Available in a variety of sizes with choices including corduroy, twill and denim. This offer won't last, so hurry online to FabFred'sFashions.com.

http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/574/3/3574899-royal-fdselkronprins-frederik-fortller-om-fdslen.jpg

Love it! :cool:

who can forget the pink pants :eek:
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/ce/6e/a5/ce6ea5944be1d8be0eb0f6d0202f1c8e.jpg
Harry needs to be careful with Joachim :D

Is Frederik with his... ahem... gesture saying: In your face! My fashion sense is more vibrant than yours! To his BRF counterparts? :D
Of course not...He's just eager to expand his men's wear line because orthodontia for four children isn't cheap. ?

Also eager to expand their own online clothing is this couple from the Netherlands.http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/14/18/37362BA100000578-0-image-a-26_1471197366004.jpg As you can see operators are standing by to take your order. "Orange" you going to take advantage of our wide selection of autumn colors for your fall wardrobe?

Last edited:
HOLY CANNOLI! MOTHER OF PEARL!!!!:ohmy:
I'd heard whispers that a pair of orange pants was lurking in W-A's wardrobe and now this appears to confirm the rumors. :D

I'm not sure how to describe the third image - a symphony of dull blue? Blue can be such a vibrant colour depending on the tone and what other colours you choose.

It's Autumn, rich fabrics in reds, oranges, yellows, browns and greens would look so much better!
It's best described as 'A Symphony in Blah". And that matchy-matchy deal has got to go too. Perhaps a wife will take care of that little problem? You know . . . "you're really going to go out wearing that? :eek: :lol: :lol:? Not with me you're not. :D

It's best described as 'A Symphony in Blah". And that matchy-matchy deal has got to go too. Perhaps a wife will take care of that little problem? You know . . . "you're really going to go out wearing that? :eek: :lol: :lol:? Not with me you're not. :D

Weeelll, Haakon is married, so perhaps a wife is not always the right remedy.
Unless you are suggesting Haakon would go King Mohammed if left to his own devices? :eek:

My dear Nordic,
It's obvious the past two year of perpetual grey skies has affected your color perception.
Anyone else taking a look at Joachim's effortlessly fashionable ensemble is in no doubt that his pants are Martian-dust-colored. :cool: They are certainly not pink! :ermm:

But perhaps Harry should wear pink? I'm sure Meghan would find it... noticeable.

Well, whatever colour shirt Prince Charles wore (and the writer called it purple) he should have lost that ghastly tie. Sheesh! Just when you think Charles has it aced and we don't have to worry . . . there he goes "looking dapper in a grey suit paired with a striped tie and a purple shirt underneath"! Yikes.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/20/14/4585254900000578-5000844-image-a-10_1508507327780.jpg

Oh well, we can at least give him kudos for the suit, buttinaire and pocket kerchief.

Well, the striped shirt gotta die, but otherwise a perfect outfit. - And fun as well. ?

Watch and learn Harry and William, you can look youthful, dapper, colorful and be well-attired at the same time.

Well, whatever colour shirt Prince Charles wore (and the writer called it purple) he should have lost that ghastly tie. Sheesh! Just when you think Charles has it aced and we don't have to worry . . . there he goes "looking dapper in a grey suit paired with a striped tie and a purple shirt underneath"! Yikes.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/20/14/4585254900000578-5000844-image-a-10_1508507327780.jpg

Oh well, we can at least give him kudos for the suit, buttinaire and pocket kerchief.

Perhaps I am going blind, but to me it looks like a blue and white striped shirt that Charles is wearing.

Last edited:
:previous: I agree, looks blue and white to me.

I actually really like his tie :flowers: It just looks horrid against the shirt. If he was wearing a white shirt under the suit with the tie, much better.

:previous: OK, it's decided . . . it's the shirt that has to go! :lol:

On a more interesting note, I really loved what Daniel wore for his visit to the special school. Not a suit or tie in sight and he looked like he was having a ball.

The following events saw a double breasted and single breasted suit. He looked really GQ. Very appropriate to the business world, would have even made a good tailors dummy compared to his previous relaxed casual look.

It's a start and perhaps we will see a more relaxed Daniel gradually just letting it ease up a bit depending on the engagement. (Yes Muhler, I know he's a Swedish man but the precedent has been set!),

Last edited:
What is it you use to say about Joachim and velvet? :D

Observe and compare Frederik and Joachim here: http://sn.dk/modules/xphoto/cache/28/1029228_930_9300_21_0_1657_1145_2.jpg
And then marvel at Joachim's choice.

While Frederik and other men present unbutton their suits in an unstylish manner, Joachim, who is a perfectly attired gentleman, has opted for a double-breasted suit, which means he also looks stylish when sitting down. It's in the details. :cool::cool:

I must admit that Frederik looks dapper with his velvet lapels. The dark handkerchief is a nice touch. :cool::cool:
Notice BTW how Frederik has placed his hands on the outside of his pockets - a Freudian giveaway I gather. ?

:previous: Joachim's coat is so big he doesn't need to unbutton it to sit comfortably. He needs a better fitted one me thinks.

Frederik's handkerchief is indeed a perfect touch. Joachim thankfully played it safe with a white one, we know his love of color. Maybe Marie got rid of those colorful ones?:cool:

a side view of Frederik for those interested :D. very GQ
http://sn.dk/modules/xphoto/cache/15/1029215_0_650_0_0_0_0_2.jpg

Last edited:
Different varieties of yummy - just to sound utterly sexist. I wish Fred would grow just a tad more fuzz - the grays make it look too sparse for my taste. :flowers:

As someone with many a coloured socks in my drawers I think Joachim should get more, more, more...

As someone with many a coloured socks in my drawers I think Joachim should get more, more, more...

me too, I my many colored and different designs socks. and Joachim has shown many colorful socks in past events...But these ones miss the mark for me

I wish he would give Harry some coloured socks. Harry's like my adult son. He confines himself to black, grey and navy blue. If he ever wore bright yellow or green or red we'd all die of shock. Maybe Harry will get some inspiration from Federik and Joachim if he meets them again...

Harry is on his second day of his visit to Denmark, nothing remarkable in his fashion, same old same old :sad:
But we all knew Joachim was going to brink some color to this visit. In the form of his favorite pink shirt and pink socks :whistling:
http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/files/styles/slideshow/public/ritzau_72346750.jpg?itok=Eu3wbN_p
The shirt is fine but the socks have got to go

My dear Polyesco, :ohmy:

It's obvious the glaring sun and the intense heat of San Diego has influenced your ability to interpret colors. Joachim's shirt is not pink, its a refreshing powdered-red.
Nor are his socks pink, they are a festive lilac hue, and clearly the envy of Harry. There is almost a thought-bubble over Harry's head shouting: I need such socks! I must have such socks! They are rightfully mine! - My precious...

We can only hope that Harry does get inspired.
Note incidentally how Joachim, who is a perfect gentleman, while being casually formal retains a handkerchief in his pocket. It's the last detail that matters. :cool::cool:

:previous: Credit where credit is due, catch a load of Joachim's kerchief! He may have tossed the tie but the kerchief is not just stuffed in his breast pocket, Oh no, it is posively origami in its folding. :cool:

But Harry was at least original in his delicate floral accessory and with a blush in his cheeks!

Edit: I haven't found another source for the photos, but check out the videos for Harry getting a posy from a child and accepts it beautifully, but after he moves off with it you can see him thinking "what am I going to do with this?" and he's blushing.

Same deal for Joachim. His kerchief wasn't just stuffed in the pocket, it was a work of art.

Last edited:
Joachim certainly dresses with panache (..)

Harry just looks schlubby. I find it funny that fashion icon Diana and impeccably stylish Charles made people who dress like Harry and William. Not to mention The Queen and DoE have always known how to dress beautifully, and I think the Spencer grandparents were pretty dashing in their day, too. What recessive gene is causing these endless beige khakis and poorly fitting blazers?? Such a shame, because both W and H are fit and are nice to look at in well fitting clothes. :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Weight comments have been removed. Thanks for your understanding!

There are some excellent tailors in London. It's just William and Harry don't seem to patronise any. I don't think either of the brothers is interested in clothes but I wish someone near to them would suggest a stylist. They need one. Desperately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom