The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Nobility

He really loves those pants! He most likely wear them till the butt wears out of them

Old 02-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh Frederik makes me smile with his colourful wardrobe. Most men would never wear the colour combos he does. Good on him for being bold enough to be different.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Majesty

Prince Henrik did not disappoint us at the annual Royal Hunt!

Full View Upper Part

Frederik on the other hand looks rather tame compared to his father of course!

Full View
Old 11-14-2014, 08:35 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Felix of Luxembourg dresses very sharply in formal attire.

Prince Félix Of Luxembourg Marries Claire Lademacher | Royal Wives...
Old 05-03-2015, 07:36 AM
Serene Highness

King Willem-Alexander, fashion and style

(...)

King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands, in the past got some critique (at least in the Netherlands itself) on his clothing style, but it seems lately that he's improving, see for instance this blog entry:
De pakken van koning Willem-Alexander | ModekoninginMaxima.nl
Google translated
I personally think that the photo's in this article show some good suits which fit him well...
(and might I add: i also like the cufflinks)

At his recent visit to the caribian islands of Bonaire and Aruba, the King did wear a suit occasionally, but also used the local tradition of wearing a "Wayabera" (loose shirt)
http://www.royalty-online.nl/monarch...aan-op-bonaire
translated
Now I quite like this, I'm all for casual wear when suited for the occasion, but I wish he had chosen a different color than white; it looks a bit pale on him, I think a brighter color, like something in blue or green would have been better...
Old 05-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

(...)

King Willem Alxander should also go to Brussels to la Maison Degand , tailors of King Philippe and Prince Lorenz. (not Prince Laurent's).

And why not to President Obama's tailor....
Old 05-03-2015, 09:04 AM
Serene Highness

Possibly, but in the Netherlands there are some good men's clothing designers too ;-)
His cousin Prince Maurits (son of P.Margriet) usually looks very smart in whatever suit he wears and I think he goes to "Oger" (from designer Oger Lusink) which is a dutch store. As I understand it, he (Maurits) is actually very interested and knowledgeable on men's wear and likes to wear italian suits.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree the italian are the best !
Old 05-03-2015, 10:07 AM
Nobility

Actually, I think British Savile Row tailors are the best for suits.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

I think King Willem-Alexander looked great in the Wayabera - it's crisp and smart enough for the warmer climates and it makes a change to see something other than a light suit or jus an unbuttoned shirt.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:45 PM
Serene Highness

http://media.shootitlive.com/GoIbn4g...expressen/1940
Pardon my ignorance, i assume Joachim's outfit here is a uniform (correct?) but is his hat supposed to be not-straight?
Old 06-14-2015, 06:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Well as ex-military and having worn an SD Cap very similar I can only say that in my case, yes, it is designed to be worn on an angle.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Well as ex-military and having worn an SD Cap very similar I can only say that in my case, yes, it is designed to be worn on an angle.
Would have been very surprised if it *had* been a faux-pas, but thanks for confirming it