Serene Highness

It is a great idea!

Old 01-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Courtier

red pants

(...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
As for CP Frederik's attire - Blue for boy (Sweater) and red for girl (Pants).
I like the red...imagine if the pants had been pink!
Whoa! I haven't realised that. I was just thinking: "OMG! Did he just grab the first pants he could get his hands on, when Mary told him the twins are definitely on their way? Red pants are so not mens pants!" But yeah, it could definitely be a subtle statement to his twins now that you've pointed it out.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Courtier

(...)

And what's this talk about Fred's pants? They were great! A man can wear anything he wants if he does it with pride. Then again I'm partial since I have fond memories of my favorite Aussie celebrity wearing red pants and looking great in them. Then again that man looked good in anything he wore...
Old 01-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Commoner

(...)

Quote:
Whoa! I haven't realised that. I was just thinking: "OMG! Did he just grab the first pants he could get his hands on, when Mary told him the twins are definitely on their way? Red pants are so not mens pants!" But yeah, it could definitely be a subtle statement to his twins now that you've pointed it out.
I didn't mind the pants at all - very fashion forward . I've seen photos of him in them before (I think when Mary was pregnant with Isabella and they went to King Harald's birthday in Norway), so perhaps they're a favourite pair . Maybe we could be seeing more of them in the future???

(...)
Old 01-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglebug View Post
I didn't mind the pants at all - very fashion forward . I've seen photos of him in them before (I think when Mary was pregnant with Isabella and they went to King Harald's birthday in Norway), so perhaps they're a favourite pair . Maybe we could be seeing more of them in the future???

Regardless, congratulations to the family and the country of Denmark.
I didn't mind the pants at all either. CP Frederik fills them out quite nicely, did you not look closely enough?
(...)
Old 01-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcurious View Post
I didn't mind the pants at all either. CP Frederik fills them out quite nicely, did you not look closely enough?

And as for Shirley being a breech birth, if nothing has been reported anywhere else but Australian media, I'mma take it with a grain of salt. I did not hear CP Frederik or the doctor's mentioning anything about a breech birth and they are the only people that have spoken to the media that actually know.
JustCurious, You made me crack up, then I went back& checked out the pants, yes he does, thanks for pointing it out!(my druid phone wont let me paste Icons,darn!)LOL
Old 01-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
HRH the Crown Prince is not the only one making this statement. Look at HM Queen Margrethe's extraordinary pink and blue combination when she paid her hospital visit. Also, if you look carefully, HRH the Prince Consort is also wearing pink and blue. I think this is a family planned colour code fashion statement!

(...)
Old 01-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

How amusing for William and Harry to have a fashion thread. They both do look dapper in their suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Perhaps we should make them into one big thread, perhaps comparing the gentlemen?
I actually think this is a great idea. I think it's better to combine all of the guys as they don't get as many posts as the ladies do. You could call it the Royal Men's Fashion Thread or something to that effect.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissP View Post
Hello! finally catches up with the news. No new info.

Frederik needs to get rid of those trousers. They are dreadful!
I'm sorry it is too late.

Morning tv host in Denmark was wearing a pair of trousers just as red this very morning. Very red trousers are becoming fashion apparently.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
I'm sorry it is too late.

Morning tv host in Denmark was wearing a pair of trousers just as red this very morning. Very red trousers are becoming fashion apparently.
Oh dear!

Remember the cartoon figures Flip & Flop? These trousers reminds me of Flip's pants.
They are called Smart & Clever in Germany.
Spaniards on this board will know the cartoonist: Ibanez.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Royal Highness

Will you please stop harrassing Frederik's trousers ??

If he ever dares to get rid of them, I will start an online collection for the purchase of new ones - and in other colours as well.

The world is full of dull and boring colours for male wear (did I mention dull and boring??) Why can't men wear colours??? I just don't get that.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Oh dear!

Remember the cartoon figures Flip & Flop? These trousers reminds me of Flip's pants.
They are called Smart & Clever.
Spaniards on this board will know the cartoonist: Ibanez.

Resultados de la Búsqueda de imágenes de Google de http://libros.encuentralo-online.com/portadas/full/46363-todo-mortadelo-y-filemon-t-20.jpg

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post

If he ever dares to get rid of them, I will start an online collection for the purchase of new ones - and in other colours as well.

The world is full of dull and boring colours for male wear (did I mention dull and boring??) Why can't men wear colours??? I just don't get that.
Frederik is very much showing himself to be his father's son, when it comes to - colorful - attire.
I fear I will need sunglasses when looking at pics of Frederik in the future.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

I agree.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I will join you in the collection part
Old 01-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Serene Highness

Me, too
Old 01-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Royal Highness

Ladies, we have a movement rolling

Muhler, please go update the colours in your wardrobe. Frederik's trousers rock!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Aristocracy

I can't believe some people still support Fred over this! Wearing those trousers is a crime...

(...)
Old 01-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Are you all bullying me - again?

It's with colorful trousers as with pillows, men, with the odd exception, don't see the purpose.

But I'll pass User Dane's suggestion on to Mrs. Muhler and she can have a look at my clothes - in the few cubic centimetres of our wardrobe, I've been granted.
Yes, and will do so till you confess that it is great for men to wear other colours than Safe Black, Daring Grey and Adventurous Dark Blue - and don't bring you wife into this - no woman should be responsible for what her husband wears
Old 01-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Yes, and will do so till you confess that it is great for men to wear other colours than Safe Black, Daring Grey and Adventurous Dark Blue - and don't bring you wife into this - no woman should be responsible for what her husband wears
You are SO right, UserDane