Empress Masako's Fashion and Style Part 1: May 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A nice look for Empress Masako during a visit to a day care centre for children in Tokyo today, June 21:

** Full view **

Masako looks lovely, and her best accessory is her glowing smile. Of course, it's hard not to smile at so many adorable children.

I really like this ladies style. She will be a great Empress and not just because of her dress sense.

Oh dear, I am not keen on her preferred shape of a hat as it is too reminiscent of my High School Uniform!

As to what we have seen Masako wear since becoming Empress? It has all been absolutely appropriate and beautifully tailored and finished, with the different types of silk she has worn alone leaving me drooling. Suit wise she knows what suits her and that includes trouser suits. The lavender-grey and white trouser suit was a stunning look and I look forward to her spreading her wings and continuing to induce envy.

A very elegant suit for the Empress, but I notice that the skirt seems to have creased a lot, which is something we very seldom (ever?) see with the Imperial ladies. I do love that soft grayish color, though.

Masako looks lovely and elegant though am not a fan of her hat as it also reminds me a little of a school hat.

She looks lovely. Masako is fast becoming a favorite to watch because she seems to have blossomed and come into her own. She appears at ease with her role and has such a genuinely warm smile.

How much say so do the Imperial ladies have in what they wear for appearances? I'm sure it has been discussed on these boards before and I have missed it.

How lovely to se an impeccably tailored suit. The small embellishments omg the lapels , cuffs and pockets add just enough interest. The subtle color is divine. There must be silk woven into this suit. The pearls are outstanding of course

Empress Masako is beaming with happiness and ease with her new role. Yet again, the first lady of France didn't disappoint.

Both Ladies looking lovely, but I am really loving Empress Masako's light blue or is it powder blue suit. It is just fabulous. I agree Masako has taken to the role of Empress very very well. I look forward to watching her into the future.

Lovely color and style on the Empress. The fabric of the jacket is amazing.

Empress Masako exudes elegance in that kimono.

It's wonderful to see Masako wearing kimono again, and this one is spectacular. The combination of the pale spring green in the kimono and the soft peach in the obi is incredible. Also, whoever was in charge of tying the obi did a stellar job! I am hoping that we will continue to see more kimono worn by the Empress in the future, I really missed Masako wearing them.

The combination of white and navy is a lovely, crisp summer look for Masako, and I especially like the cut of the jacket and skirt. It's a more updated silhouette than some of her older and more frequently worn suits.

A very elegant outfit for the Empress!

Both outfits are gorgeous on Masako but her second outfit is my favourite. That shade of blue is beautiful on her.

I like both of these outfits very much, they are very elegant. While Masako always looks excellent in blue, I am really loving the burgundy blazer, scarf and coordinating shoes. I'm not much of a scarf wearer myself, but that scarf is gorgeous.

Indeed, the Empress looks very elegant in her holiday outfits - they look comfy too and the colours well chosen.

The Empress in her go to attire. I like her smile these days.

Nice to see Masako for this event. I am not a fan of the trim on her hat, however; it seems a little heavy. The rest of the suit is very nice.

Loving her style since she became Empress and she looks genuinely happy as well.
I just wish she wouldn't wear her hats so low down on her forehead. Nearly obscuring her eyes.

Back
Top Bottom