Empress Masako's Fashion and Style Part 1: May 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elegant, and she seems to enjoy herself.

Masako looks lovely, it's nice to see her looking so well and able to fulfill this responsibility.

I'm neutral on the suit the Empress wore for the official welcome. It's appropriate, but not especially flattering or elegant.

The gown for the banquet is another matter! Masako looks elegant, regal, and very, very lovely. Her hair is especially becoming.

Firstly, the evening outfit is absolutely beautiful and the Empress looks stunning in it!

The suit she wore for the arrival was also very nice, but I am not a fan of that style of hat she wears - I prefer the brimless ones she has.

As an aside, I think that the First Lady looked lovely as well.

The necklace the Empress is wearing looks rather fabulous.

Indeed, the Empress is looking wonderful at the state banquet. A nice outfit and a great diamond necklace to accompany it.

IMO one of the best outfit I have ever seen her wear ! Simple and gorgeous at the same time !

A question, I am rather puzzled. I have Always read that white was the colour of mourning in Japan…. so why do they Always wear so many white outfits ???

White symbolizes purity, truth, cleanliness. Both black and white are colors of weddings and mourning in Japan. Black also symbolizes formality and dignity. For traditional wedding attire, grooms and married women wear black kimonos. Brides wear white kimonos.

White symbolizes purity, truth, cleanliness. Both black and white are colors of weddings and mourning in Japan. Black also symbolizes formality and dignity. For traditional wedding attire, grooms and married women wear black kimonos. Brides wear white kimonos.
Thank you ! :flowers:

The empress is such a natural beauty and it shines though. I also am not a fan of the type of hat on the arrival visit but the dress and necklace for the dinner was perfect . Too bad she didn’t wear a Tiara

The Empress looks wonderful and so very relaxed.

This is a lovely suit on the Empress, and I like the pearl necklace, too. She wears white very, very well.

Masako looks as elegant as usual. I agree that she looks very relaxed - she seems to be even more so since she became the Empress.

I love the color and the cut of this suit, and Masako looks lovely.

It appears that this was an evening reception? I like everything about Masako's suit except the length of the skirt. Even though it is apparently an evening event, the length just reads a little awkward to me. The fabric is lovely, though.

Empress Masako at the Japan Academy Award ceremony in Tokyo today, June 17:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Back
Top Bottom