Crown Princess Victoria's Maternity Fashion: August 2011 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tights are fine she is warm and that is important , I liked the dress. Her style this time is much better than the last time with all the tent clothing.

I wish she'd go back to the style she wore to the baptism the other day...or similar styles.

LaRae

I loved the opaque tights and shoes. I think she did a good job translating a summery dress for the fall. Very stylish!
I agree. And this is a VERY normal way to dress in the nordic countries. It looks sooooo wierd to dress in see through tights in the fall here. Not to mention you would freeze to death.

Good grief! A floaty, sheer dress with heavy black tights And booties?!! A big no-no in my book. If anything, the sheer dress shouldn't be worn if it's that cold! Victoria looks nice sitting down, very feminine.

I have noticed that the complaint on opaque tights mostly come from people that are from warmer places. (This is no complaint, just an observation). So just to explain. Thicker tights actually make a huge difference in how you keep warm. On the top, you can have a coat but you can't really have thermals on the bottom in a case like this. So the walking from the car etc get's fastly cold in the colder months (that can range from september to april). I've done it once of twice for new years and stuff, but it IS cold. So to even be able to wear dresses more than 3 months a year, tights is the only way to go. So its a very common look to have thick tights like that. I myself cannot stand wearing pants (yes, I', wierd like that) and in the winter when waiting for the bus I used to have a pair of thick tights (like those Victoria wear) under my knitted tights to keep warm :) Just some insight.

Victoria's Seraphine dress was lovely, and the black tights and booties looked good with it. Black/dark tights and booties are something I wear almost every day in the winter, even autumn when it gets cold. They are totally normal to wear in Scandinavia. I wear booties also with skirts and dresses, nothing strange in that. And when I look around, almost all the women do the same. Of course you can wear a silk dress with black tights and booties in the autumn and winter.

Last edited:
The dress is nice but I dislike the tights.

Victoria's Seraphine dress was lovely, and the black tights and booties looked good with it. Black/dark tights and booties are something I wear almost every day in the winter, even autumn when it gets cold. They are totally normal to wear in Scandinavia. I wear booties also with skirts and dresses, nothing strange in that. And when I look around, almost all the women do the same. Of course you can wear a silk dress with black tights and booties in the autumn and winter.
Exactly! This is standard wear for most of the year if you're not wearing pants.

Love the dress, loathe the heavy, dense black tights and OMG, booties! That's a soft floaty feminine dress that calls for nude hose and court or flat shoes. Instead, we have a 'look' so dark, heavy, and dense that it's not easy to see where the tights end and the shapeless booties begin. It has created a heavy and clumpy look.
Welcome to Sweden during the colder season and walk around in thin hose and shoes, and you will soon risk getting a urinary tract infection. I doubt Victoria wants to risk getting an UTI at the moment, and she dresses sensibly for the Swedish climate. Would you prefer seeing her wearing trousers/pants during the cold season?

Welcome to Sweden during the colder season and walk around in thin hose and shoes, and you will soon risk getting a urinary tract infection. I doubt Victoria wants to risk getting an UTI at the moment, and she dresses sensibly for the Swedish climate. Would you prefer seeing her wearing trousers/pants during the cold season?
Hahah, EXACTLY!! :p I mean.. we would have like 3-4 months a year in dresses from her per year if that was the case :p

I love the dress and yes the tights not so much but I imagine cold and pregnancy warrants.

In general Victoria looks nice though I agree about the tights. There's something about them that just looks odd.

I understand the cool, cold argument, but I do not believe it holds true in this case. If there were a formal greeting outside Victoria would have been wearing a coat/wrap/jacket to keep warm since the sleeves on that dress are sheer.

However, all the photos appear to be taken indoors and if the legs and feet are cold, I would expect her to be wearing something warmer that a lined silk dress with sheer silk sleeves.

I understand the cool, cold argument, but I do not believe it holds true in this case. If there were a formal greeting outside Victoria would have been wearing a coat/wrap/jacket to keep warm since the sleeves on that dress are sheer.

However, all the photos appear to be taken indoors and if the legs and feet are cold, I would expect her to be wearing something warmer that a lined silk dress with sheer silk sleeves.
I understand you. But I have found that in school I could go with t-shirts etc but still had to have my winter shoes. I think it miiiight have to do with that warm air rises so you're colder at the feet than the top... or something like that.

People get cold in different areas, some get colder on top than on the legs. She probably feels the cold more on her legs than any where else.

Perhaps, the formal greeting took place when she arrived and she had taken her coat off before pictures were taken.

Last edited:
Cecile Reinaud, owner of Séraphine to Expressen about Victoria's outfit it the christening:
- We created the dress in our studio in London just for the Crown Princess. Even the hat. It is made by designer Philip Treacy. The dress is made of fine stretch wool and silk. We are really happy with the result.
Så mycket kostade prinsessklänningarna _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Isn't that the same Maternity brand that The Duchess of Cambridge wore?

Victoria today is wearing the red version of her purple Bespoke dress from Seraphine she wore to Prince Nicolas' Christening. Her shoes are from Acne and her bag is from Hunkydory. She is also wearing the same hat/fascinator that she wore to the opening of Parliament. It comes from Malinda Damgaard.
Swedish Royal Clothing ID's: Day 1 of 5 in Peru and Colombia

Good start from Victoria. The color is beautiful and dress of course. And i love and blue too.

The red dress is beautiful. She looks lovely.

I like the red dress, but prefer the purple one. Anyway, Victoria is rocking the maternity style so far.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Gorgeous! I think that Victoria has found her style with her second maternity! This type of maternity clothes fit her like a glove! I like both the purple and red dress because they have a different fabric that make them look good, each in its own way...

Gorgeous! I think that Victoria has found her style with her second maternity! This type of maternity clothes fit her like a glove! I like both the purple and red dress because they have a different fabric that make them look good, each in its own way...
I agree. The retro/classic look works very well on her!

I agree. The retro/classic look works very well on her!
So far I prefer her style during this pregnancy... With Estelle she dressed a bit terrible:lol:. I guess that with a first pregnancy is not easy to find what suit you best!

So far I prefer her style during this pregnancy... With Estelle she dressed a bit terrible:lol:. I guess that with a first pregnancy is not easy to find what suit you best!
It's very hard to dress with a fast changing body. She's not the first and won't be the last pregnant woman to struggle with wardrobe :) And on a whole life scale, a few months of non-perfect style is not a big deal :p

It's very hard to dress with a fast changing body. She's not the first and won't be the last pregnant woman to struggle with wardrobe :) And on a whole life scale, a few months of non-perfect style is not a big deal :p

I agree. It's just that I was a bit overwhelmed when (pregnant with Estelle) shw wore black sacks... I wanted some color! And now she is wearing colors! Yay!:lol:

I like both dresses. She won't be wearing them very long, however, as there is not much room to grow in them!

A shame really, as they are both very stylish and such pretty colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom