Crown Princess Victoria's Maternity Fashion: August 2011 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am disapointed by most of Victoria pregnancy wardrobe.She looks matronly
The last two daytime dresses are unflattering.Her outfits are too short recently.
The black dress worn at the dinner looks ok.
Nice shoes

Not crazy about the last two outfits at all. However, I do love the hair-do she had for the charity dinner.

There is no doubt about it, Victoria is a wonderful crown princess and appears to be an even more wonderful person, but I'm personally disappointed in her maternity fashion. Overall, I find her choices have been drab and shapeless and outdated and matronly and on the ugly side! Victoria's fashion has always been hit and miss for me. I don't think she is dressing completely out of character now as she has favored looks which are less flattering and less age appropriate pre-pregnancy. Her style often has me wondering if she's just not as interested in dressing for her shape and coloring as others are, which is certainly not a flaw. But I'm hoping her stylist helps her picks out some winers, among the misses, over the coming months. I've no wish to compare the women or suggest that Victoria's style should take after Mary's, I only want to point out that Mary is an example that pregnancy is no hinderance to dressing in a complimentary way. Whatever she wears, Victoria's best accessory will always be her smile!

I think that Victoria looks great. I think it's sad that so many people have called her style matronly, I prefer to call it classic. She is certainly looking bigger and I am starting to wonder if the baby might be earlier than the announced date.

Every woman feels her pregnancy in different way. Maybe Victoria is like one of my friends, who used loose maternity clothes the whole time during her pregnancy. She said that after having "normal clothes", it is great to use real maternity clothes from the beginning of her pregnancy, because she had right to it! She felt that that was the way she wanted to show her pregnancy, not by showing her bump in tight clothes. My friend said that during the most happiest time of her life she was so happy being able to use maternity clothes and show to everyone right from the beginning that she was pregnant. She said that she didn´t want everyone to measure up her bump every day.
About Victoria, I think that she has looked really good during her pregnancy. She obvious feels very comfortable and happy with her clothes, and that is the most important thing. She glows happiness, and that´s the main thing for me. I don´t want her to be "perfect" than some other princess with her clothing, it just wouldn´t be Victoria anymore. I love Victoria for her personality, she is never boring with her clothing, like some other prinsesses who maybe dress more "perfectly". And IMO, Victoria dresses like a pregnant woman should, to me tight clothes for a pregnant woman every day are no hit.
http://imgs.sthlmsfinest.com/imageGalleryImages/scaled/497630_729_532_1.jpg
http://eyewitness.se/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/110928-idol-4522-494x328.jpg
The hair clip
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/otevreni-palatset/profimedia-0103635774.jpg

Last edited:
The black evening dress is the perfect choice. I thought it was very pretty and she did wear it well, it is a nice maternity cocktail dress.

Photos without watermark
Gravidsnygg prinsessa | Ebbas Blogg | svt.se
Gravidsnygg prinsessa | Ebbas Blogg | svt.se
After seeing these, I like the jacket even more, and the dress looks cute.
I have to agree LadyFinn, the more I see this outfit the more I like it and the jacket is a very individual peice.

Victoria had this hat on the Luxembourg state visit to Sweden, April 2008.
http://www.life.com/image/80696083
Unfortunately IMO this fascinator would never look good with any outfit! A flattering but proper hat would have been more appropriate with this outfit.

** Victoria attended today at an inauguration of children's culture and event building the Palace in Stockholm.
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=16540402&pos=5
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=16540404&pos=6
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=16540398&pos=2
http://5.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:29650434:preview:watermark
She looks cute, and her dress is just right to this event. Great shoes.
Well, we've all been moaning that she is wearing too many dark colours and with this dress she more that compensates. I loved the beautiful colour of the dress, the necklace and gorgeous earrings all displayed in style with a beautiful updo. The crowning accessory . . . the magnificent smile she saved just for the children!

At first glance I didn't like this dress at all. I thought it was too clingy but then, looking through the photo's I though that perhaps Victoria is one of those women whose pregnancy is going to show from very early on and she is dressing to suit. But when she turned around we could see the truly inspired neckline. The deep V at the nape was very elegant and her magnificent updo highlighted her slim neck and shoulders. Very elegant, as were the shoes. But the pièce de résistance was the wonderful hair ornament that travelled effortlessly from an inauguration of children's events to the Foundation Nordens Ark charity dinner.

really dont like any of her dress she has had on since having the baby

I do love the blue and white dress and the shoes - even being too wide it looks great!
The hair clip doesn't bother me at all for the first time :D

Crown Princess Victoria at a visit to Radiumhemmet in Stockholm today, September 29 2011, wearing a light blue dress.
The colour is really nice and goes well with the black.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

I particularly like the "harlequin" dress. I had one back in the 60s that was just like it! I still have the pattern. Perhaps I'll drag it out.

I love the color of the dress. Very vibrant. She looks wonderful.
I agree on the colour, but that's about it. Sorry, but the dress looks like a nightgown and the thick black stockings and gross ankle boots are in sharp contrast to the lovely style of the dress.

Its like now that Victoria is married and pregnant, there is no need to look good in public any longer because she got what she wanted (I am happy for her on a personal level, its only about fashion). Did she actually get rid of the stylist she employed around engagement etc?

The term "court jester" used by Duke for one of the dresses is so right:D
It's ugly specially on a pregnant woman.It's too short and her legs looks so unflattering.
The last blue dress is nice.But the booties are all wrong with it.I hate booties with dresses and skirts.
It seems that Victoria has stolen Mette Marit black and thick stockings:D

I agree on the colour, but that's about it. Sorry, but the dress looks like a nightgown and the thick black stockings and gross ankle boots are in sharp contrast to the lovely style of the dress.

Its like now that Victoria is married and pregnant, there is no need to look good in public any longer because she got what she wanted (I am happy for her on a personal level, its only about fashion). Did she actually get rid of the stylist she employed around engagement etc?

The boots are hideous but I'm just trying to stay as positive as possible. I think lighter stockings (in color and thickness) and different shoes may have done this look a lot more favors. However, she's wearing this with great confidence, and that adds to her being able to carry this off.

It seems that Victoria has stolen Mette Marit black and thick stockings:D

It's late in september, it's in sweden = thick black stockings and boots are prefect! It's kind of cold you know ;) And the black low boots she is wearing looks so much nicer together with black stockings than toghether with nude ones...

It's late in september, it's in sweden = thick black stockings and boots are prefect! It's kind of cold you know ;) And the black low boots she is wearing looks so much nicer together with black stockings than toghether with nude ones...

If it's cold,then the dress isn't suitable.
She dressed this way when she went to Finland;booties,thick stockings and short sleeves:ermm:
I agree that black stockings match better with black booties but still I hate booties with a dress on Victoria or any other woman.

If it's cold, wear pants.
The harliquin dress is simply the most unflattering dress imaginable. That Victoria looks pretty terrific in it, says a lot.
Let's do some double knit slim pants and tunics. we've got a ways to go..

What was she thinking!?
That kids love bright colour and her usual dark neutrals wouldn't go down well with that particular audience. I think elegance is wasted on that crowd! :D

As per usual, she has dressed for the occasion in such a way as to allow for a really quick one for one swap between that and the Dinner. :flowers:

At least we here in Finland (and I suppose in Sweden too) wear booties with skirts and dresses also. I wear skirts and dresses almost every day (pants only about two times a year), and if it is about 0 to 8 degrees plus, I wear my booties. You can wear a dress like Victoria inside during the winter also.

Victoria´s visit at the Radiumhemmet was part of the start of this year´s Pink Ribbon (Rosa bandet) -campaign for breast cancer organized by the Swedish Cancer Society. Victoria is the patron of the campaign and she was shown the various stages the breast cancer patient meets at the hospital.
Victoria wore a silk dress from Greta, and the pink ribbon. She looks very nice, however, I would have not used the black stockings.
http://blogg.svt.se/ebba/files/2011/09/a-victoriablagreta-620x609.jpg

Those ankle boots are really horrible with these kind of dresses!:bang:

Those ankle boots are really horrible with these kind of dresses!:bang:

Maybe a pair of heels or even flats would have looked better. Yeah, the booties need to be put in the far recesses of her closet.

Duke of Marmalade said:
While the black outfit is great,
this one (not sure how to describe it) is something only the court jester would wear
http://eyewitness.se/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/110928-idol-4522-494x328.jpg

Hmmm not a fan of this one......

iceflower said:

Crown Princess Victoria at a visit to Radiumhemmet in Stockholm today, September 29 2011, wearing a light blue dress.

Really love this look- vivbrant color! And I don't mind the boots and tights actually

It's a nice maternity dress, quite casual though. :ermm: Everything else is off, apart from the earrings. I'm sure she knows how to combine a light blue dress, cannot understand why she doesn't want to put some effort there anymore. :sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom